Billy Burns

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Re: Billy Burns

Post by Tender »

King Billy’s on The Ball...
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Does this signing mean that we're now a Billy club?Image

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

Shan wrote:
stickinout wrote:
Yeah, just like Cooney was on to a loser from the outset. :roll:
Yerra I was responding to negativity on the thread a chara. Cooney had to win the fans over. Burns will have to do the same.

So you're saying Cooney was on a loser from the start too then? Does that make wee Joey on a loser from the start too then?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

therealspratt wrote:Addison like Mike Haley down at My sterling has Nucifora's fingerprints all over it, would be surprised if Bryn had much at all to do with identifying him. Same for Burns, though perhaps not to the same extent.
Well now Spratty, LOOK .......... what you are doing is guessing. Pure and simple, so from this day forward when anyone decides to ascribe the shyte signings too Bryn but anything that looks vaguely hopeful as having the imprimatur of Nucibastardo all over it, I shall without fear or favour reply with this...
1douche.jpg
1douche.jpg (8.12 KiB) Viewed 1368 times
Really, if we are calling this on guesswork nobody deserves anything better.

Maybe some might consider all the favours Nucibastardo has done for Ulster before giving him an ounce of credit. I hope he dies soon.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I assume they will be serving this at Ravenhill, the fact that it's bitter makes it so appropriate. :lol:
1KB.jpg
1KB.jpg (7.03 KiB) Viewed 1357 times
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
therealspratt wrote:Addison like Mike Haley down at My sterling has Nucifora's fingerprints all over it, would be surprised if Bryn had much at all to do with identifying him. Same for Burns, though perhaps not to the same extent.
Well now Spratty, LOOK .......... what you are doing is guessing. Pure and simple, so from this day forward when anyone decides to ascribe the shyte signings too Bryn but anything that looks vaguely hopeful as having the imprimatur of Nucibastardo all over it, I shall without fear or favour reply with this...
1douche.jpg

Maybe some might consider all the favours Nucibastardo has done for Ulster before giving him an ounce of credit. I hope he dies soon.
Baggy, part of Nucifora's remit has been the identification and approaching of Irish Qualified exiles along with the IQ Rugby Department, it's guesswork, but slightly informed guesswork.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

therealspratt wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
1douche.jpg

Baggy, part of Nucifora's remit has been the identification and approaching of Irish Qualified exiles along with the IQ Rugby Department, it's guesswork, but slightly informed guesswork.
No question about that, you'll get no disagreement from me. Now, all we need is a doucheproof method of determining who is and who isn't getting credit for good/bad signings and Bryn bad/ Nuci good doesn't cut it for my euro. It's a conundrum.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Signings are a mix in my opinion of

Firstly --What do we need ?

Secondly -- who is available ?

Thirdly --- What's in the Kitty ?

Fourthly --- Will Dublin approve ?

Fifthly --- Will Dublin assist (if necessary )

In the case of Burns

The need was well recognised both North and South but other factors came into play such as -- No import and National need

Personally I think the money being offered Burns must be better than Gloucester"s and there must also be a promise for consideration of an Irish Cap -- in my opinion both things require serious Dublin input? Then of course there is the Belfast bit re housing ,travel and other possible revenues .

Although the Pro 14 has some serious attractions over the Premiership in the short term -- such as visits to SA Italy ,Scotland and Wales and even a trip to Limerick must be more atrractive than a Bus Run to Bath or Bristol or M25.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

rumncoke wrote:Signings are a mix in my opinion of

Firstly --What do we need ?

Secondly -- who is available ?

Thirdly --- What's in the Kitty ?

Fourthly --- Will Dublin approve ?

Fifthly --- Will Dublin assist (if necessary )

In the case of Burns

The need was well recognised both North and South but other factors came into play such as -- No import and National need

Personally I think the money being offered Burns must be better than Gloucester"s and there must also be a promise for consideration of an Irish Cap -- in my opinion both things require serious Dublin input? Then of course there is the Belfast bit re housing ,travel and other possible revenues .

Although the Pro 14 has some serious attractions over the Premiership in the short term -- such as visits to SA Italy ,Scotland and Wales and even a trip to Limerick must be more atrractive than a Bus Run to Bath or Bristol or M25.
1douche.jpg
1douche.jpg (8.12 KiB) Viewed 1130 times
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

On the day that's in it, :oman: , I think it reasonable to point out that King Billy will be the Twelfth outhalf to play for Ulster since the halcyon days of David Humphreys.
Last edited by BaggyTrousers on Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Didn’t I read that UR arranged an acceptable deal with Gloucester? That sounds like some dosh changed hands.
It’s long been the case that Everyone is available, if the money is right.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

stickinout wrote:
Shan wrote:
stickinout wrote:
Yerra I was responding to negativity on the thread a chara. Cooney had to win the fans over. Burns will have to do the same.

So you're saying Cooney was on a loser from the start too then? Does that make wee Joey on a loser from the start too then?

Just to be clear - I'm not talking about from a rugby perspective. Just an observation about the fan view. Joey is in a different position in that he is not replacing a fan fav. Of course there may be Munster fans who don't want Joey. I don't know that. Perhaps I just made an irrelevant point very badly.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

Shan wrote:
stickinout wrote:
Shan wrote:
stickinout wrote:

Just to be clear - I'm not talking about from a rugby perspective. Just an observation about the fan view. Joey is in a different position in that he is not replacing a fan fav. Of course there may be Munster fans who don't want Joey. I don't know that. Perhaps I just made an irrelevant point very badly.
No problem Shan, thought you were talking about it from a perspective that the Ulster fans wouldn't even give him a chance. We might be one eyed but players are welcomed until they continuously feck up/don't play!
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Shan modify the previous statement to read until some , who know little about the game, consider the player fails to conform to their perception of how the should play and fail to recognise that it is a team game and some roles are interchangeable.

There are of course those players who unfortunately can continuously fail the rugby IQ test which is a bigger error than the perceived fail to play since anyone can have an" off night" props unfortunately can fall foul of referees who don't understand what is and is not legal and award the penalty to side going forward regardless of the fact that the forward motion has been achieved illegally. By bending ,illegal binding or boring or the back row joining the front row to enforce a wheel or enhance the bore.

But morons who continuously join rucks from the side in front of referees really have little occupying the space between their ears.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

stickinout wrote:
Shan wrote:
stickinout wrote:
Shan wrote:
stickinout wrote:

No problem Shan, thought you were talking about it from a perspective that the Ulster fans wouldn't even give him a chance. We might be one eyed but players are welcomed until they continuously feck up/don't play!
Were I a die-hard supporter, I would be welcoming 3° with the reservation that he is yet another Englishman attempting to represent my province. Maybe he will someday become an honourary Ulsterman. I will let others decide.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk