Image
Image
Image

Topics Calendar

July 2018

S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31

Who is online

In total there are 16 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 11 guests

Most users ever online was 454 on Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:04 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Fortyniner, Google [Bot], SemrushBot, UlsterNo9


Legend :: Administrators, Moderators

Statistics

Total posts 646145
Total topics 18998
Total members 2912
Our newest member Parga 99

Easterby

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderators: The Fonz, Moderators

  • Advertisement

Topic Rating:
  • Not rated
  

Easterby

Postby Russ » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:11 pm

Out.

UR need a long hard look at themselves over yet another clusterfeck

This is not an anti easterby thread, but one aimed solely at UR mamangement for ballsing up another appointment

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
User avatar
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 27628
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: Looking for George North's defence

Re: Easterby

Postby Rooster » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:12 pm

D4 problem that D4 attempt to fix ?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
User avatar
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 39488
Images: 5
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:39 am
Location: Chicken coop 17

Re: Easterby

Postby Dave » Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:11 pm

Easterby is not the problem.

The problem is: this looks to be confirmation that Dan won't be here until Jan. Also, Easterby's actual involvment seems vague, what happens during the AIs?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
User avatar
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 16747
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:27 pm

Re: Easterby

Postby kingofthehill » Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:40 pm

Dave wrote:Easterby is not the problem.

The problem is: this looks to be confirmation that Dan won't be here until Jan. Also, Easterby's actual involvment seems vague, what happens during the AIs?


I’m positive.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The King is dead. Long live the King.
User avatar
kingofthehill
Warrior Chief
 
Posts: 1744
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:43 am

Re: Easterby

Postby Cornerfleg » Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:46 pm

Maybe Simon is up with his marigolds and some black begs to make sure yer man on Gardening Leave gets his desk cleared and out ta feck before we start anew!
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
User avatar
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 11555
Images: 13
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:56 pm
Location: In Toulon ... waiting for an offer

Re: Easterby

Postby Dave » Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:55 pm

kingofthehill wrote:
Dave wrote:Easterby is not the problem.

The problem is: this looks to be confirmation that Dan won't be here until Jan. Also, Easterby's actual involvment seems vague, what happens during the AIs?


I’m positive.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Who picks the team?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
User avatar
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 16747
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:27 pm

Re: Easterby

Postby Columbo » Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:57 pm

I thought I was a relatively glass half-full man, even up until the last few days but this is such a complete cluster****

We can't manage the complete basics of recruitment (understanding notice periods, negotiating releases/compensation, managing media announcements) - I mean this is basic threshold stuff for running a business. And this just a week or two after all the interviews about the IRFU stepping up to the plate and making long term decisions to put Ulster right blah blah.

This is such a bad idea, for so many reasons. If things go badly, he doesn't have to worry too much, because he doesn't have a lot of skin in the game, and he can basically go through the motions and hand the mess over to McFarland. If things go really well under Easterby, then you're disrupting a successful camp after a couple of months - and it creates a bit of a rod for McFarland's back. Regardless of whether things go well or badly, at the back of everyone's mind is the fact that change is coming (AGAIN) - he is basically a lame duck from day 1, and the players have another 6 months in limbo before the 'actual' head coach arrives.

Shambles.

PJ was screwed months ago - why the f*** have we not got a replacement signed up?
JD & GG were sacked what 6 weeks ago? Why was that not done on the last day of last season, and replacements in place for the start of pre-season?
Likewise for Logan - apparently the IRFU have known for months that they were sacking him, why haven't we a new man in situ for the start of the season?

And for McFarland, if he was so far ahead of the rest of the field that you want him and nobody else, talk to the SRU about what needs to happen to get him released, and get the fecking job done. Is there a clown emoji??
..one more thing
User avatar
Columbo
Novice
 
Posts: 288
Images: 0
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:56 pm

Re: Easterby

Postby Dave » Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:02 pm

That is the second most reflective post of all time.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
User avatar
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 16747
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:27 pm

Re: Easterby

Postby ColinM » Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:21 pm

Columbo wrote:I thought I was a relatively glass half-full man, even up until the last few days but this is such a complete cluster****

We can't manage the complete basics of recruitment (understanding notice periods, negotiating releases/compensation, managing media announcements) - I mean this is basic threshold stuff for running a business. And this just a week or two after all the interviews about the IRFU stepping up to the plate and making long term decisions to put Ulster right blah blah.

This is such a bad idea, for so many reasons. If things go badly, he doesn't have to worry too much, because he doesn't have a lot of skin in the game, and he can basically go through the motions and hand the mess over to McFarland. If things go really well under Easterby, then you're disrupting a successful camp after a couple of months - and it creates a bit of a rod for McFarland's back. Regardless of whether things go well or badly, at the back of everyone's mind is the fact that change is coming (AGAIN) - he is basically a lame duck from day 1, and the players have another 6 months in limbo before the 'actual' head coach arrives.

Shambles.

PJ was screwed months ago - why the f*** have we not got a replacement signed up?
JD & GG were sacked what 6 weeks ago? Why was that not done on the last day of last season, and replacements in place for the start of pre-season?
Likewise for Logan - apparently the IRFU have known for months that they were sacking him, why haven't we a new man in situ for the start of the season?

And for McFarland, if he was so far ahead of the rest of the field that you want him and nobody else, talk to the SRU about what needs to happen to get him released, and get the fecking job done. Is there a clown emoji??



We're targetting next season.



Seriously though; if KOTH is positive then I'm a bit happier. If Dan is arriving before the summer is out and Easterby is his mentor then so much the better. At least Easterby has club rugby HC experience on his CV.
User avatar
ColinM
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 7844
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:11 pm

Re: Easterby

Postby Cockatrice » Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:34 pm

Columbo wrote:I thought I was a relatively glass half-full man, even up until the last few days but this is such a complete cluster****

We can't manage the complete basics of recruitment (understanding notice periods, negotiating releases/compensation, managing media announcements) - I mean this is basic threshold stuff for running a business. And this just a week or two after all the interviews about the IRFU stepping up to the plate and making long term decisions to put Ulster right blah blah.

This is such a bad idea, for so many reasons. If things go badly, he doesn't have to worry too much, because he doesn't have a lot of skin in the game, and he can basically go through the motions and hand the mess over to McFarland. If things go really well under Easterby, then you're disrupting a successful camp after a couple of months - and it creates a bit of a rod for McFarland's back. Regardless of whether things go well or badly, at the back of everyone's mind is the fact that change is coming (AGAIN) - he is basically a lame duck from day 1, and the players have another 6 months in limbo before the 'actual' head coach arrives.

Shambles.

PJ was screwed months ago - why the f*** have we not got a replacement signed up?
JD & GG were sacked what 6 weeks ago? Why was that not done on the last day of last season, and replacements in place for the start of pre-season?
Likewise for Logan - apparently the IRFU have known for months that they were sacking him, why haven't we a new man in situ for the start of the season?

And for McFarland, if he was so far ahead of the rest of the field that you want him and nobody else, talk to the SRU about what needs to happen to get him released, and get the fecking job done. Is there a clown emoji??



Columbo.. we brought in an expert on sport management and contract negotiations to ease that path... I haven't seen any improvement has anyone else?
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
User avatar
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 7738
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 11:06 am

Re: Easterby

Postby Cornerfleg » Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:07 pm

I take it moving on has been put on hold for a few months.....
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
User avatar
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 11555
Images: 13
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:56 pm
Location: In Toulon ... waiting for an offer

Re: Easterby

Postby ColinM » Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:10 pm

Cockatrice wrote:
Columbo wrote:I thought I was a relatively glass half-full man, even up until the last few days but this is such a complete cluster****

We can't manage the complete basics of recruitment (understanding notice periods, negotiating releases/compensation, managing media announcements) - I mean this is basic threshold stuff for running a business. And this just a week or two after all the interviews about the IRFU stepping up to the plate and making long term decisions to put Ulster right blah blah.

This is such a bad idea, for so many reasons. If things go badly, he doesn't have to worry too much, because he doesn't have a lot of skin in the game, and he can basically go through the motions and hand the mess over to McFarland. If things go really well under Easterby, then you're disrupting a successful camp after a couple of months - and it creates a bit of a rod for McFarland's back. Regardless of whether things go well or badly, at the back of everyone's mind is the fact that change is coming (AGAIN) - he is basically a lame duck from day 1, and the players have another 6 months in limbo before the 'actual' head coach arrives.

Shambles.

PJ was screwed months ago - why the f*** have we not got a replacement signed up?
JD & GG were sacked what 6 weeks ago? Why was that not done on the last day of last season, and replacements in place for the start of pre-season?
Likewise for Logan - apparently the IRFU have known for months that they were sacking him, why haven't we a new man in situ for the start of the season?

And for McFarland, if he was so far ahead of the rest of the field that you want him and nobody else, talk to the SRU about what needs to happen to get him released, and get the fecking job done. Is there a clown emoji??



Columbo.. we brought in an expert on sport management and contract negotiations to ease that path... I haven't seen any improvement has anyone else?



Much as I think Bryn has made as many mistakes as the next man, and has been promoted well beyond his station; giving him the bullet right now is probably not the best plan. If we want to promote an Ulster brand underpinned by locals, and with some semblance of stability then Bryn is one of the only beacons of both off the pitch.
User avatar
ColinM
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 7844
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:11 pm

Re: Easterby

Postby ColinM » Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:16 pm

Cornerfleg wrote:I take it moving on has been put on hold for a few months.....


I'll be ready to move on when our backline reads:
9. R Pienaar
10. P Jackson
11. T Seymour
12 I Whitten
13 C Farrell
14 S Arnold
15 C Gilroy

and not a minute before.
User avatar
ColinM
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 7844
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:11 pm

Re: Easterby

Postby Russ » Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:17 pm

ColinM wrote:
Cornerfleg wrote:I take it moving on has been put on hold for a few months.....


I'll be ready to move on when our backline reads:
9. R Pienaar
10. P Jackson
11. T Seymour
12 I Whitten
13 C Farrell
14 S Arnold
15 C Gilroy

and not a minute before.


Olding over Whitten


Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
User avatar
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 27628
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: Looking for George North's defence

Re: Easterby

Postby ColinM » Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:24 pm

Russ wrote:
ColinM wrote:
Cornerfleg wrote:I take it moving on has been put on hold for a few months.....


I'll be ready to move on when our backline reads:
9. R Pienaar
10. P Jackson
11. T Seymour
12 I Whitten
13 C Farrell
14 S Arnold
15 C Gilroy

and not a minute before.


Olding over Whitten


Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Fair, if he can get fit

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk
User avatar
ColinM
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 7844
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:11 pm

Next


  • Advertisement

Return to View frae thae Hill

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Fortyniner, UlsterNo9 and 5 guests

Recent Forum Topics

!-- Piwik -->