Heineken Cup Draw 2018/19

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Re: Heineken Cup Draw 2018/19

Post by justinr73 »

I may be in the minority (not unusually) but I prefer Treviso to Parma.

It easier to get to but, more importantly, the kebabs next to the the pub are amazing and the Negronis at that fancy little cocktail bar are delicious. Horse meat is also more widely available than it is in Parma.

It's a bit more upmarket. Never seen as many fur coats as when we played them the other Feb or whenever it was. I'm guessing that the ladies had knickers on too but I didn't get close enough to find out.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

justinr73 wrote:I may be in the minority (not unusually) but I prefer Treviso to Parma.

It easier to get to but, more importantly, the kebabs next to the the pub are amazing and the Negronis at that fancy little cocktail bar are delicious. Horse meat is also more widely available than it is in Parma.

It's a bit more upmarket. Never seen as many fur coats as when we played them the other Feb or whenever it was. I'm guessing that the ladies had knickers on too but I didn't get close enough to find out.
Got sent an interesting video of a german lass in a world cup fanzone wearing only a flag

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

justinr73 wrote:Looks like Corcoran’s have offered cheap booze when Munster were in gay Paris.

It’s almost next door to the Red Windmill.

Pigalle it is then gentlemen :red:
The last time we were there (admittedly, that was about 2002 ??) When we tasted the Guinness, our faces must have been a picture. The barman realising he was in a hiding to nothing, said "Make me an offer." Deal was done and our stout was half-price for the rest of the weekend.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

justinr73 wrote:I may be in the minority (not unusually) but I prefer Treviso to Parma.

Both are excellent in different ways. 2 best away trips in the league.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Russ wrote:
Neill_M wrote:
BR wrote:Immediate thoughts are: Parma or Bloemfontein.
Will Ulster be in Parma in season18/19? If the cross-conference matches are the reverse of the season just past, Ulster will have 11 away games (D4, Limerick, Galway, Llanelli, Edinburgh, Treviso, Newport, PE, Swansea, Glasgow and Bloemfontein).
I thought the only teams swapping conference were the ities

My understanding is that Leinster and Munster should swop. Treviso finished above Zebre in Pro 12 16/17 season and were the better Italian side this year, so no change I think!
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Neill_M wrote:
Russ wrote:
Neill_M wrote:
Will Ulster be in Parma in season18/19? If the cross-conference matches are the reverse of the season just past, Ulster will have 11 away games (D4, Limerick, Galway, Llanelli, Edinburgh, Treviso, Newport, PE, Swansea, Glasgow and Bloemfontein).
I thought the only teams swapping conference were the ities

My understanding is that Leinster and Munster should swop. Treviso finished above Zebre in Pro 12 16/17 season and were the better Italian side this year, so no change I think!
I have my suspicions that the fixtures will be less formulaic than many would expect.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Don't think we will have Parma away this season BR, it will be Treviso, I am thinking similar though, none of the ERC trips enthuse me
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

Just took it for granted we'd all be heading to Treviso, Rooster. Awful draw for trips.
Soldiers who wanna be heroes number practically zero, but there are millions who wanna be civilians
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Good - there was only about 9 of us last season (and 2 of them happened to have been passing whilst on holiday!)

Hopefully we'll get a bit more notice of the fixtures!
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

justinr73 wrote:Good - there was only about 9 of us last season (and 2 of them happened to have been passing whilst on holiday!)

Hopefully we'll get a bit more notice of the fixtures!
Venice Film Festival ends Sat 8th Sept and the Italian F1 Grand Prix is Sunday 2nd Sept, so would need to avoid Weeks 1 and 2 for any Treviso away game.
10 or 15 only
Initiate

Post by 10 or 15 only »

When are the Pro 14 fixtures released?
Tried looking up the thread for last year but gave up.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

10 or 15 only wrote:When are the Pro 14 fixtures released?
They weren't released until a week or so into August last year because of the restructuring of the league. Should be a bit earlier this time.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
TopPoster
Initiate

Post by TopPoster »

Tell ya what. Feck the HC draw, if carlsberg did seasons we’ll be finished by the time Dan rocks up to the Bethany for his first fish n chips in January, we’ll fail to qualify for the HC 19/20 and luck will draw us Paddignan and Brive in the Parker Pen pool for the season after.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

big mervyn wrote:
10 or 15 only wrote:When are the Pro 14 fixtures released?
They weren't released until a week or so into August last year because of the restructuring of the league. Should be a bit earlier this time.
Should be mid July
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

TopPoster wrote:Tell ya what. Feck the HC draw, if carlsberg did seasons we’ll be finished by the time Dan rocks up to the Bethany for his first fish n chips in January, we’ll fail to qualify for the HC 19/20 and luck will draw us Paddignan and Brive in the Parker Pen pool for the season after.
Love the Bethany, pink pasties!
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND