Time to move on

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Jetstream
Steward

Re: Time to move on

Post by Jetstream »

"A former rugby coach at Terenure College is to stand trial accused of indecently assaulting nine students at the south Dublin secondary school over a 17-year period.

John McClean (73), Casimir Avenue, Harold’s Cross, Dublin was remanded on bail to appear again in January when he is to be served with a book of evidence.

He appeared before Judge Dermot Simms at Dublin District Court on Wednesday following his arrest at 7.40am this morning.

Det Sergeant Jason Miley told the court he arrested the accused near his home and he was then brought to Terenure Garda station where he was charged at around 9.30am.

He was cautioned after each charge and “made no reply” nine times, Det Sergeant Miley said.

He was charged with 35 counts of indecently assaulting nine males at Terenure College, Templeogue Road, Terenure, Dublin 6W between 1973 and 1989.

Some of the complainants feature in multiple counts, including one who had made 14 allegations.

Dressed in a black suit, white shirt and blue tie, he did not address the court during the hearing and has not yet indicated how he will plead.

He sat on the defendant’s bench, turned toward the judge and shielded his face with his right hand for most of the brief hearing.

Det Sergeant Miley said the Director of Public Prosecutions has directed “trial on indictment”. This means the case will go before a judge and jury in the circuit court.

There was no objection to bail with conditions.

Defence solicitor Dara Robinson said these had been canvassed with his client already and subject to the ruling of the court there was agreement."

Apparently he also coached at UCD.
I'm shocked these things happen in Dublin!
Known FIRFU a d their bias they will nominate to the Hall of Fame.
Jetstream
Steward

Post by Jetstream »

Apologies for errors in last paragraph.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Day 215.
Bring Them Home.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Let’s be honest here Paddy and Stuart’s only crime was being a middle class WASP. Not convinced the IRFU looked beyond that.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Cockatrice I would seriously doubt that "Class " had any part to play in the decision .

The IRFU's biggest mistake was to allow the banner "IBELIEVERHER' to be displayed at a match and shown on television a
fu-king rallying call for every female with a chips on her shoulders .

The second mistake was to shut their trap when the complaints about Best attending the trial were aired what had he to apologise for or explain -- .

Best 's mistake was to attend on the second day after TOBYJUG had done his character assassination with the WHat's App messages --which actually proved nothing .

Having already suspended the players before the trial ( which in itself was possibly a prejudgement of the case ) the IRFU had shot themselves in the foot . At the time the players were suspended it looked like the proper decision but it failed to take into account the fact it would take another 9 months to get to Court which allowed the same chip on shoulder females prepare themselves to air every evil of mankind during the trial.

There will never same noise made by the media about Bum-Banditary or Kiddy-Fiddling as about rape regardless of the number of instances and the possible effects that such actions may have had on the victims. ( especially as the accused is now 73 with limited access to continue his perversion and every possibility of a severe hammering down an alley.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

Jeepers Rum you homophobic old bore.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

therealspratt wrote:Jeepers Rum you homophobic old bore.
Yes and thoroughly reprehensible to link "bum banditry" (which is legal between consenting adults) and "kiddy fiddling" in the same sentence.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

big mervyn wrote:
Yes and thoroughly reprehensible to link "bum banditry" (which is legal between consenting adults) and "kiddy fiddling" in the same sentence.
Entirely so, that's absolutely disgraceful Rum.
WeeWorld
Initiate

Post by WeeWorld »

rum probably comes from a time when they were taught that gay people were perverts.
Yes, that's me in the avatar!
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

big mervyn wrote:
Even assuming you and Rim'n share the same definition of bum banditry, if the acts took place in 1973, then your argument is slightly diminished.

*swidt
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

therealspratt wrote:
big mervyn wrote:
Entirely so, that's absolutely disgraceful Rum.
Plus the constant woman-bashing.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

The word which governs the situation is banditary not bum you idiots .

The fact the guy is facing charges rules out any possibility of constant .

So the fact is that homo phopia is yours not mine .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

I suggest blocking said :thumleft: . Or at least ignore him so he stays the fucķ off my thread.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Can I play with your thread Dave? What a tapestry we’d weave.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

Tender wrote:Can I play with your thread Dave? What a tapestry we’d weave.
Careful or Rum will be calling you arsè bandits or some other homophobic gem
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND