Time to move on

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Time to move on

Post by Dave »

Don't read the comments section on bakebook. You will worry for the future of humanity.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
WeeWorld
Initiate

Post by WeeWorld »

nonplussed wrote:I've just read that Guardian hatchet job... One eyed horlix.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk
She mentioned the recent case where "the lawyer" for the defendant mentioned the fact that the complainant was wearing a thong. She didn't mention that the lawyer was a woman.
Yes, that's me in the avatar!
nonplussed
Warrior Chief

Post by nonplussed »

I did... I now hate people

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

I too read the Grauniad article thinking that at some point something new was going to be introduced to explain the preceding paragraphs, or that a point of some kind would be made at the end, but there was nothing but a restating of selected bits and bobs about the trial and its background.

Even some of the points highlighted were dangerously misquoted, or at least the error in some quotes was not addressed and/or corrected.

I just despair at the reason for the article. there was no point to it, and all it was was a filler to keep the story alive in whomever reads it.

Paper doesn't refuse ink. :roll:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Well I for one will never move on.

Fcuk the Guardian.
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

Reasonable article, could have done with more on the underlying anger and reaction rather than rehash the events of the trial.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

therealspratt wrote:Reasonable article, could have done with more on the underlying anger and reaction rather than rehash the events of the trial.
More emotion then? Great.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

therealspratt wrote:Reasonable article, could have done with more on the underlying anger and reaction rather than rehash the events of the trial.
Rehash with added bits against the boys some of which were never mentioned before which is strange as you would have thought press would have been all over them at the time, nothing about the girl though and any of her texts which would go against her.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:I too read the Grauniad article thinking that at some point something new was going to be introduced to explain the preceding paragraphs, or that a point of some kind would be made at the end, but there was nothing but a restating of selected bits and bobs about the trial and its background.

Even some of the points highlighted were dangerously misquoted, or at least the error in some quotes was not addressed and/or corrected.

I just despair at the reason for the article. there was no point to it, and all it was was a filler to keep the story alive in whomever reads it.

Paper doesn't refuse ink. :roll:
Ah, I'm always gratified when folk, not FOLK, quote my grandfather.

I think that you need to be an appalling male chauvinist not to appreciate the insights the writer brings, for example, she quotes seeing a photograph "apparently showing the complainant putting on her shoes". Now to a feminist like me that clearly indicates that the rapee was about to leave in a huff, but there was no taxi, so she left in five minutes and a huff. It is so obvious to us feminists that she was definitely putting her shoes on, what sort of moron could possibly confuse such evidence as being similar to taking her shoes off?

On such fine margins are dumb articles balanced.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

Dave wrote:
A processing and examination of emotion would have been in order, I'm not necessarily saying a call to arms.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

therealspratt wrote:
Dave wrote:
A processing and examination of emotion would have been in order, I'm not necessarily saying a call to arms.
Agree. In particular the role of emotional reasoning, personalisation and bias.
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

Dave wrote:
therealspratt wrote:
Dave wrote:
On both sides. :thumleft:
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

therealspratt wrote:
Dave wrote:
therealspratt wrote:
Dave wrote:
On both sides. :thumleft:
No, just the wrong side.
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

It divided Ireland into those who believed that individuals found not guilty of a crime should expect to avoid punishment (let's call them believers in the rule of law) vs twunts.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
rocky
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rocky »

big mervyn wrote:
rocky wrote:
big mervyn wrote:Naomi is going to eat herself to death if she doesn't get a grip soon. She's fatter than Nolan ffs!
Irrelevant, Merv, although sadly correct.
For the record, I actually like Naomi. She's one of the few politicos here that talks sense and can usually be relied upon to open her bake and not mortify us.

Having said that, she lost the run of herself during the trial.
There were many, many people who lost the run of themselves during the trial, many of them to a much greater degree than her. IMO, it was completely unfair and unreasonable to single her out for what was pretty pejorative ad hominem type criticism.
Bo***cks to Brexit