Time to move on

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Re: Time to move on

Post by Tender »

Well we aren’t gonna apologise for being minted.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Sounds like a school for toffs all bumming each other silly.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

You don’t need to sell it to us Dave... we’re onboard already .
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Any chance of me joining? I have my own flute....
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

A Millar Wick, or a skin flute. Either will do. I’ll recommend you, which should avoid the old Black Ball situation.
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

Well at least I have moved on. Brought up in Belmont and now in Holywood (albeit the cheaper end)
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

HwoodMike2umate wrote:Well at least I have moved on. Brought up in Belmont and now in Holywood (albeit the cheaper end)
Knocknagoney?
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Day 213. Lest we move on.

Bring our boys home.
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

WeeWorld wrote:Kit who?
Kukri

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Tender wrote:Woodvale is just the upper Shankill, Winterfell .
Everything north of the wall (Ardoyne Bus Depot...Everton) is we’re the Wildlings come from. You know nothing ... We lived with the threat of the walkers on a daily basis.
Lol. One of my mates lived up near Everton. Negotiating Ardoyne shaps coming from the Woodvale on a Saturday afternoon was excellent sprint training. You can't outrun a brick but their aim was never that good!

Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Deraless wrote:
Everything north of the wall (Ardoyne Bus Depot...Everton) is we’re the Wildlings come from. You know nothing ... We lived with the threat of the walkers on a daily basis.
Lol. One of my mates lived up near Everton. Negotiating Ardoyne shaps coming from the Woodvale on a Saturday afternoon was excellent sprint training. You can't outrun a brick but their aim was never that good!
Did it many-a-time .... what was he doing to antagonise them? :scratch:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Deraless wrote:
Maybe a south african come over and paid 200 notes so he could do a canned bricking of a local hood.

#conservation
Last edited by Dave on Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Deraless wrote:
Emmmm...nothing. And it was me.
Not every time I walked up the road. So did you do it both ways or mostly down the road? Down was easier as they never knew where you had come from. But up the way there wasn't much hiding.

Either that or you're so hard they knew not to mess.

I also drove over a hand grenade at Ardoyne roundabout once too, but only after I'd antagoinsed it obviously.

Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Deraless wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Deraless wrote:Lol. One of my mates lived up near Everton. Negotiating Ardoyne shaps coming from the Woodvale on a Saturday afternoon was excellent sprint training. You can't outrun a brick but their aim was never that good!
Not every time I walked up the road. So did you do it both ways or mostly down the road? Down was easier as they never knew where you had come from. But up the way there wasn't much hiding.

I also drove over a hand grenade at Ardoyne roundabout once too, but only after I'd antagoinsed it obviously.
Did it both ways, with my entry/exit via Twaddell Avenue. To be fair, I was prepared to do sprint training a few times in the late 70's when headed to/from a friend's house in the Mountainview estate when it was still "mixed", but that was more due to my worries when tensions were running high, and I never actually had to put it into action. My heart rate was probably similar to what it might have been had I actually sprinted though.

Having said that, I've had similar concerns when walking up the Shankill Road a few Friday and Saturday nights in the late 70s too.

Must admit I've never knowingly driven over a grenade, but I did once drive over a booby-trap device that had fallen off the intended victim's car having failed to detonate when they first drove off. That was on Ballygomartin Road near its junction with Woodvale Road and lots of cars drove over it before someone saw it, became suspicious and called the Peelers.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Deraless wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Deraless wrote:Lol. One of my mates lived up near Everton. Negotiating Ardoyne shaps coming from the Woodvale on a Saturday afternoon was excellent sprint training. You can't outrun a brick but their aim was never that good!

Did it both ways, with my entry/exit via Twaddell Avenue. To be fair, I was prepared to do sprint training a few times in the late 70's when headed to/from a friend's house in the Mountainview estate when it was still "mixed", but that was more due to my worries when tensions were running high, and I never actually had to put it into action. My heart rate was probably similar to what it might have been had I actually sprinted though.

Having said that, I've had similar concerns when walking up the Shankill Road a few Friday and Saturday nights in the late 70s too.

Must admit I've never knowingly driven over a grenade, but I did once drive over a booby-trap device that had fallen off the intended victim's car having failed to detonate when they first drove off. That was on Ballygomartin Road near its junction with Woodvale Road and lots of cars drove over it before someone saw it, became suspicious and called the Peelers.
Ahhh. Happier times lol