Time to move on

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

namron
Warrior Chief

Re: Time to move on

Post by namron »

Not the Not Nots ! They are a shower...
We dont need the English to win the European Cup
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Who is for the not nots, Logan or PJ?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Tender wrote:I wonder would UR sanction such a collection?
Could some nerd set up a crowd fund site that we could donate to. It would be a massive FECKYOU to all the misinformed haters.
I'd donate.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

My guess is, most supporters and thousands of ex supporters and sports fans would donate.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Someone set the damn thing up. Obviously I'm not responsible enough. I still have nightmares about losing that sponsored walk money in P7. I think my older brother may have used it for alcohol. He swears it was just resting in his pocket.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Before doing so-- ask the question do you think he would accept the money ?

Personally I am
of the opinion the Court should pay the cost -- because the prosecution assumed guilt when forming the charges and considered that they could prove the case based on defamation of Character using ill-considered banter between a group of males ;presenting that evidence at the earliest opportunity in an attempt to prejudice the jury .( And Public )

And having done so enable the twitteratti to seriously disrupt and prolong the trial .

Even if they had been found guilty the case was so badly distorted there were a multitude of grounds to appeal that verdict .

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Quite so Ron'n.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

An appeal wouldn't have taken long to bring out some serious reasons for the case being a mistrial
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

https://www.rugbypass.com/news/ulster-a ... the-pitch/

Interesting read. Lacks a bit of balance.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Fortyniner
Novice

Post by Fortyniner »

rumncoke wrote:Before doing so-- ask the question do you think he would accept the money ?

Personally I am
of the opinion the Court should pay the cost -- because the prosecution assumed guilt when forming the charges and considered that they could prove the case based on defamation of Character using ill-considered banter between a group of males ;presenting that evidence at the earliest opportunity in an attempt to prejudice the jury .( And Public )

And having done so enable the twitteratti to seriously disrupt and prolong the trial .

Even if they had been found guilty the case was so badly distorted there were a multitude of grounds to appeal that verdict .

Rumn
If the reports are true that PJs father's pension fund was raided to pay for the unnecessary defence, then I hope that there would be no question of any funds raised by UR supporters being accepted. PJ's father is a UR supporter, and is more than deserving of support from all of us.
Would somebody get the damned thing going?

And in passing, can anyone provide informed opinion on why the question of costs is not determined by an independent judge? The trial judge must have a pre determined view.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Did you have anything to add?
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Tender wrote:Did you have anything to add?
When two clowns go to war,
One is all that you can score.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
nonplussed
Warrior Chief

Post by nonplussed »

UlsterNo9 wrote:https://www.rugbypass.com/news/ulster-a ... the-pitch/

Interesting read. Lacks a bit of balance.
That is spot on... But could go further by saying the 'match day experience' is a load of shyte and that fooking band is a microcosm of all that is wrong about Ulster rugby

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

There is a legacy from last season -- Yes the results are similar but it was the manner of the defeats Ulster leaked at the seams last year and Kiss couldn't stop the rot. The legacy of the lack of Loyalty to players when found innocent which followed a kick in the teeth by the IRFU of one most respected players to play for Ulster for the flimsiest excuse: and one of essentials of an Ulster Personality -- and something which most Ulster poeple respect is Loyalty -- regardless of which side of the divide your from -- you respect loyalty . This was compounded by a mass retirement of experienced and respected players and a lack of Senior Coaches created a lack of expectation in Ulster Supporters.

THE IRFU destroyed the Tree of Ulster Rugby and the expectation of supporters.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
WeeWorld
Initiate

Post by WeeWorld »

Judge Smyth :
This was a complex police investigation and the prosecution was warranted, albeit the jury did not consider that the charges had been proved beyond reasonable doubt. The evidence bore the characteristics of a Rubik cube, capable of bearing myriad conclusions, depending on the jury's view of the evidence. But those were conclusions for the jury to reach, and not the prosecution.
"Having considered all of the relevant factors, I am satisfied that there is no basis for exercising my discretion in the applicants' favour. The applications are therefore dismissed.
Reading that would give you the impression that the jury were minded to convict but had doubts.
Whereas, going by the length of time they took reach their verdicts (on numerous charges), it's obvious that they had no doubts at all.
But, in any event, no one should be entitled to second guess a jury's verdict.

If you're found not guilty you should be entitled to recover your costs from the people who prosecuted you.
The prosecution being protected from paying the other side's costs is about as clear example of moral hazard as you could imagine.
Yes, that's me in the avatar!