Paddy confirmed at USAP

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Paddy confirmed at USAP

Post by Jackie Brown »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Liz Fraser wrote: Exactly what I said they couldn't stick their head out publically because they were afeared.
Exactly Liz, yella Paddybastards, entirely gutless, if they had all Stood Up for the Ulstermen what would the FIRFUC's have done? Sacked their entire national team? Killed Irish Rugby? :banghead:

Yeah right, I hate the fu'cking Lionels, but at times they have stood up against their union and every time they got most of what they wanted and none of them was sacked.

A sad day when you realise your countrymen are a self-serving bagofshite without a hint of moral fortitude, and morally inferior to a Lionel? FFFS, a bunch of selfish Warren Gatland.

Two young lads betrayed by their teammates. Pathetic. Irish team spirit my hole.
#teamofus

banker

Flyhalf looks a problem position heading to Japan, Sexton definitely on the wain.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

It is easy to forget the toxic bullshit that occurred around that sham of a trial .

Rory was under severe scrutiny and media criticism for just attending the trial and not a ball had been kicked in the 6 nations . At least two public representatives got involved commenting on proceedings during the trial . It was extremely close to being deemed a mistrial which would have really fed the # tag webelieveher mob and meant no not guilty verdict .

We should be glad that the #tags were not given a bigger target and thereby totally interfere with the legal process and totally ruin Paddy and Stuarts future .

Maybe the silence of the players was a blessing .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Liz Fraser wrote: Exactly what I said they couldn't stick their head out publically because they were afeared.
Exactly Liz, yella Paddybastards, entirely gutless, if they had all Stood Up for the Ulstermen what would the FIRFUC's have done? Sacked their entire national team? Killed Irish Rugby? :banghead:

Yeah right, I hate the fu'cking Lionels, but at times they have stood up against their union and every time they got most of what they wanted and none of them was sacked.

A sad day when you realise your countrymen are a self-serving bagofshite without a hint of moral fortitude, and morally inferior to a Lionel? FFFS, a bunch of selfish Warren Gatland.

Two young lads betrayed by their teammates. Pathetic. Irish team spirit my hole.

Surely any protest activity should have started with their own team mates at Ulster. If the Ulster players did nothing then i don’t see why the ireland players would. Henderson is well known to be one if Olding’s best mates all the way back to school days, yet he has not done anything publicly to protest against the verdict, so why would players who are less close do anything?

I am not having a go at Hendy here in any way, just pointing out that if any visible protest was to occur, ulster would have been the logical place. It is controlled by the irfu and had they actually refused to play matches it would have been a visible protest.

At the end if the day i am sure there have been instances where colleagues feel an employee has been trated badly by their employer, but few people would risk their own job for that.

I am sure pj and olding know that and would not expect others to put their careers at risk for them, particulalry when those outside of ulster are probably less aware of “facts” than some here appear to be. No doubt they will have recived private messages of support from some players, although probably not via whatsapp.
Liz Fraser
Squire

Post by Liz Fraser »

Bart S wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:

Surely any protest activity should have started with their own team mates at Ulster. If the Ulster players did nothing then i don’t see why the ireland players would. Henderson is well known to be one if Olding’s best mates all the way back to school days, yet he has not done anything publicly to protest against the verdict, so why would players who are less close do anything?

I am not having a go at Hendy here in any way, just pointing out that if any visible protest was to occur, ulster would have been the logical place. It is controlled by the irfu and had they actually refused to play matches it would have been a visible protest.

At the end if the day i am sure there have been instances where colleagues feel an employee has been trated badly by their employer, but few people would risk their own job for that.

I am sure pj and olding know that and would not expect others to put their careers at risk for them, particulalry when those outside of ulster are probably less aware of “facts” than some here appear to be. No doubt they will have recived private messages of support from some players, although probably not via whatsapp.
Actually Bart my work colleagues and myself have taken action on a number of occasions when our fellow workers stood wrongly sacked or accused.
One of whom I had never even met before.
On each occasion we have helped win the day for them and that's my frustration that a unified action no matter what form it takes makes one hell of a difference.
In each case it wasn't about consequences for us it was about showing empathy and doing the right thing.

Rums right when he referenced the players and particularly Rorys attendance at the trial.
That was the exact point where feelings were gauged and the minerals shrunk and that was the point for others to stand strong and get behind Rory and the attendees action.
Instead they let him dangle and he was picked off easily.

Baggy is also right when he referenced the Lionels.
They went on strike over image rights before the 2003 RWC and were completely pilloried by all including Woodward.
Were there mass sackings?
Of course not.
The players won the day, their squad were unified through seige mentality, the world cup was won and all strikes forgotten.

Could you imagine our lot having a red carpet stand off Johnson style.
Red carpet?
White flag more like.

Just think on this lyric I'll once again quote from the great Slade the Leveller,
"Come with me my little innocents theres a game that we can play,
See how much we can change the world while you look the other way"
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

The unfortunate thing was that most of the reporters at the trial were female and it was the media that scared the Establishment who sent the word out stay low .

If they had stood up at the time Rory was set upon there is a strong chance the trial would have been stopped and the players not cleared of any charges .

The Judge was walking a very thin wire at that time and that was week one of nine.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Liz Fraser
Squire

Post by Liz Fraser »

So I get it now.
The best way to support their pals was to hide publically, following the guidelines the IR FU spoon fed them and watch on as they got the boot and publically lynched by social media.
Proper little Che Guevaras aren't they?

Would a simple #my captain at that time not of been some simple show of solidarity?
It's not exactly Guy Fawkes but it's still one action they could have been taken that in no way would have jepordised the trial.
Consider that action in the context of what actually went on in the public domain that people got away with including an entire campaign of #believeher and her being named on social media.

Guess what?
The trial actually didn't get stopped. >jawdrop
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

From what I've heard (via a dog belonging to a player) the players were told to keep quiet as it would all blow over after the trial. When the not guilty verdict came the players thought that was that. Both lads would return to play and life would go on as normal. They were utterly shocked at the sacking of both players.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Dave wrote:From what I've heard (via a dog belonging to a player) the players were told to keep quiet as it would all blow over after the trial. When the not guilty verdict came the players thought that was that. Both lads would return to play and life would go on as normal. They were utterly shocked at the sacking of both players.
Ditto, only no dogs involved.
Liz Fraser
Squire

Post by Liz Fraser »

Yes I was defeatened by the utter clamour at the outrage of it all at the time.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Liz Fraser wrote:Yes I was defeatened by the utter clamour at the outrage of it all at the time.
Hence why I said a player's dog.
Liz Fraser
Squire

Post by Liz Fraser »

Yep I got that.
Don't worry Dave I'm not having a pop at you
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Can I clarfy please? So someone around the top of the Ulster hierarchy lied to the players? Shut up and it'll be fine, then went back on their word. Who could that have been?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Warren Gatland
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Who knows what conversations went on between PJ and Olding with various people at the time. Not inconcievable for example that they could have told Rory or Hendy not to do anything on their account (eg resign captaincy, refuse to play or whatever). Or that they could have told the wider group to carry on.

Quite frankly there must be lots of things in relation to this very sorry matter which people on here will never truly know, no matter which breed of dog they own.
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Sorry but that doesn't actually make sense. Hendo only needed to read these boards to find out what Slogan was thinking. Now the same Hendo signed a new contract around the time the trial ended. If he did that on the erroneous word of someone senior in the branch or union he'd be seriously chucking the toys out.

Hendo may have had his wings clipped for attending Laganside but I don't buy into the players standing up for the boys and I equally dont buy them being sold a pup

Sent from my Swift 2 Plus using Tapatalk