Registered users: AhrefsBot, Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], SemrushBot

Legend :: Administrators, Moderators

Statistics

Total posts 647915
Total topics 19020
Total members 2917
Our newest member Cap10

Here's something waaaaay off topic.

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderators: The Fonz, Moderators

• Advertisement

Topic Rating:
  • Not rated

Re: Here's something waaaaay off topic.

Postby BR » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:15 pm

Tazz #15 wrote:
Cornerfleg wrote:If we cant sell naming rights to the glasses Field Marshall Logan doesn't give a flying one what happens to the planet.

You'd think of the thousands of people he has met over the last few weeks at least one of them might bring it up.

Never fear, Leicester Tigers’ reusable pint glasses are proudly sponsored by STIHL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BTW - I meant to ask a while back. Have you been away somewhere?
No more sweet talk from the hypocrites
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Postby Russ » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:46 am

BR wrote:
Tazz #15 wrote:
Cornerfleg wrote:If we cant sell naming rights to the glasses Field Marshall Logan doesn't give a flying one what happens to the planet.

You'd think of the thousands of people he has met over the last few weeks at least one of them might bring it up.

Never fear, Leicester Tigers’ reusable pint glasses are proudly sponsored by STIHL

BTW - I meant to ask a while back. Have you been away somewhere?
Banbridge

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Postby BaggyTrousers » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:56 am

justinr73 wrote:
ColinM wrote:We are tackling this issue by reducing the crowds on a week by week basis.

:lol:

Bishop's Stortford Rugby Club do it too.

Personally, I'm one of those who can't be arsed getting the deposit back so, unless it's worth adding to my collection, I'll gladly cast my drinking vessel aside.

The fact that the deposit is then invariably retrieved by a young wee scamp who will no doubt proceed to spend it on booze, fags, football stickers or Haribo (or whatever young wee scamps spend their money on these days) leaves me with a warm glow inside.

Delighted to hear you are doing your bit for the community as well as the environment. I am living in a community on a gowf course where many Lionels feel the organisation is best left to them, hence they are frittering away a €2.4 million settlement from the previous hotel owners on petanque courts and cardio-equipment where the manufacturer omitted to include any resistance, and in the month I’ve been here I’ve yet to see anyone petanquing..

Lionels, eh¿¿
SUPPORT THE TEAM, FU'CK THE REGIME - UNTIL TERRY SHAME SLOGAN IS GASSED

FIRFU - FU'CK YOU ONE AND ALL, CAVING IN TO SPONSORS, SACKING THE INNOCENT FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE, SHAMEFUL BASTA'RDS. YOU'VE LOST MY SUPPORT & I HOPE MORE ULSTERMEN & WOMEN
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Postby Russ » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:48 am

Love boule

Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Postby BR » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:17 am

Russ wrote:Love boule

Is that a new reality TV show?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Postby BR » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:33 am

BaggyTrousers wrote:
justinr73 wrote:
ColinM wrote:We are tackling this issue by reducing the crowds on a week by week basis.

Personally, I'm one of those who can't be arsed getting the deposit back so, unless it's worth adding to my collection, I'll gladly cast my drinking vessel aside.

The fact that the deposit is then invariably retrieved by a young wee scamp who will no doubt proceed to spend it on booze, fags, football stickers or Haribo (or whatever young wee scamps spend their money on these days) leaves me with a warm glow inside.

Delighted to hear you are doing your bit for the community as well as the environment. I am living in a community on a gowf course where many Lionels feel the organisation is best left to them, hence they are frittering away a €2.4 million settlement from the previous hotel owners on petanque courts and cardio-equipment where the manufacturer omitted to include any resistance, and in the month I’ve been here I’ve yet to see anyone petanquing..

Lionels, eh¿¿

Is cardio equipment those toys they have in gymns or the jumpleads they have in hospitals?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Postby rumncoke » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:40 am

A bit like cycle lanes baggy only less annoying

Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Postby Rooster » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:10 am

BR wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
justinr73 wrote:

Lionels, eh¿¿

Is cardio equipment those toys they have in gymns or the jumpleads they have in hospitals?
I've often wondered if you car battery was flat would a quick zap from one of those jump lead machines work.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Postby BR » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:07 am

Rooster wrote:
BR wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
justinr73 wrote:

Lionels, eh¿¿

I've often wondered if you car battery was flat would a quick zap from one of those jump lead machines work.

They now do seem to have them conveniently positioned on garage forecourts. However I'm told those ones are made foolproof, so there's probably all sorts of sensors in there that you'd need to bypass before you could really dìck about with them.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Postby BR » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:11 am

Another question for Baggy. If you're in Spain, surely a petanque game should be playable on just about any bit of land. I thought special courts were only required in places where the grass is too lush and the ground too soft, like here.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Postby TinPig » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:11 pm

While at Clermont match back in December 2016 brought this back. You had to buy 30cl Plastic cup, before buying tickets to allow you buy beer!!!!
Part of an on going EU directive to save the planet and prevent alcoholism. I mean queueing up each time with a 30cl thimble, you needed six cups each.

IMG_4130.jpg
IMG_4130.jpg (121.59 KiB) Viewed 781 times
I'm feeling Perky this morning!!! :pig:
Act the TinPig and you're gonna get dented!!
TinPig
Squire

Postby Russ » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:18 pm

TinPig wrote:While at Clermont match back in December 2016 brought this back. You had to buy 30cl Plastic cup, before buying tickets to allow you buy beer!!!!
Part of an on going EU directive to save the planet and prevent alcoholism. I mean queueing up each time with a 30cl thimble, you needed six cups each.

IMG_4130.jpg
I blame Gerrys lawyer

Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Postby ColinM » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:24 pm

If everyone has their own cup then banks of self service taps must be the next opportunity to remove one of lifes human interactions. Not that the interaction with Mount Charles staff is particularly uplifting.
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Postby justinr73 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:33 pm

TinPig wrote:While at Clermont match back in December 2016 brought this back. You had to buy 30cl Plastic cup, before buying tickets to allow you buy beer!!!!

IMG_4130.jpg

Got four of those at home!
justinr73
Warrior Assassin

Previous

• Advertisement

Return to The Back Room 'Lock In'