Dan Soper

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Re: Dan Soper

Post by justinr73 »

As long as that means he isn't called upon to do any more interviews....
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

You tell us Gerry, but he wasn't 'thee analyst' as you suggest
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Post by Gerald the Mole »

ColinM wrote:You tell us Gerry, but he wasn't 'thee analyst' as you suggest
okay who was the analyst in charge of him ? I cant recall any :roll:
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Gerald the Mole wrote:
He's been given a fancier title in respect of his analysis role in lieu of being stripped of his role in respect of skills coaching. I for one don't give a feck what his title is, but in my humble opinion Soper brings a lot more to the table in respect of skills coaching than Malone did or would have = net positive.

Is Malone going to be running more effective analysis with his new free time? I'll suggest maybe not but he no longer has somewhere to hide and with analysis as his only function is easier to replace.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

We're getting all hung up on job titles again.

Let's see who actually does what and if, as a collective, it works.

Wrt experience not being important. Current form is all very well when things are going well. It's when problems arise (and they will) that experience counts.

Some 22 year old out of Uni could probably do my job* when things are ticking over nicely, it's when things start to unravel that my 30 years of experience kicks in and I earn my corn.

*actually they couldn't, but if they'd done a 1980s degree course, they could have a fair stab at it.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

BR wrote:We're getting all hung up on job titles again.

Wrt experience not being important. Current form is all very well when things are going well. It's when problems arise (and they will) that experience counts.

Some 22 year old out of Uni could probably do my job* when things are ticking over nicely, it's when things start to unravel that my 30 years of experience kicks in and I earn my corn.

*actually they couldn't, but if they'd done a 1980s degree course, they could have a fair stab at it.
Bet I could do it

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Russ wrote:

Bet I could do it

Unbridled self-confidence will only get you so far, Russ. Experience would tell you that.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

BR wrote:
Russ wrote:

Bet I could do it

Unbridled self-confidence will only get you so far, Russ. Experience would tell you that.
More experience in my left hoof

BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Russ wrote:
BR wrote:
Russ wrote:

Bet I could do it

More experience in my left hoof

Course you have.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Am I the only one not getting hung up on a job title?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

No but I'm still wondering if I support The Peoples Front of Judea or The Judean Peoples Front...
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

UlsterNo9 wrote:
“Also, as someone who has been a season ticket holder for the past number of years, I’ve always watched the development of players with a keen eye so it’s really exciting that I’ll now have the opportunity to help further that development.”
Love this latest initiative..... was there a season ticket holder email on this...... how do you apply? Picking a season ticket holder to coach the team for a year. I'm next.

All in jest, I think Soper is a considered well thought out appointment.

I'd agree with Snipe, Peel is being harshly judged. So many other facets of a teams performance have to go right in order for a backline to sing.

Was there a stat that showed we had the most clean line breaks in the league..... or was that Cooney who would benefit most from having a former British Lion scrum half coach. Could have imagined this, open to correction.
would that not have been line breaks against us? >ESM Our defence was ka ka last year. All the same, it was our lack of top notch forwards that had us beat last season.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Gerald the Mole wrote:
so Malone is getting promoted into a new role that previously didn't exist that of Head Analysts... as before in his current role he didn't need any supervision/management and now he is his own boss. Understand he got a £20,000 pay rise as well in part because the new Skills Coach is a part-time employee..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Malone out
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Can someone clarify this is a part-time position isn’t it with the individual still undertaking his coaching role at Hinch?

So when Hinch are away playing in AIL does their Coach go with them or fly out to Wales/Scotland/Italy with Ulster... or can we do without skill coaching at match time..

Genuine question because speaking to someOne at UR today and they think it is designed to cover the gap until Dan starts which may not be as soon as some hope..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU