Things Sean Cronin Can't Start

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Things Sean Cronin Can't Start

Post by Russ »

Bart S wrote:
Russ wrote:
Bart S wrote:A very dodgy and sexist whatsapp group
Do you have an example of this?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Sorry, the Juicers said i can’t let you join.
Which one was the juicers?
That was with Blanes seppo mates right?
Was Paddy in that?
Was Stuart?
Was Rory?

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

With this bullshit thread grinding slowly in a death-trance, may I suggest Russ that each week during the silly season you select a player from another province for us to disparage?

I await with excitement next week's target for our bile.

Leave Bob for a while, I need to build up to Bob. >EW
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

BaggyTrousers wrote:With this bullshit thread grinding slowly in a death-trance, may I suggest Russ that each week during the silly season you select a player from another province for us to disparage?

I await with excitement next week's target for our bile.

Leave Bob for a while, I need to build up to Bob. >EW
So long as we don't ask Sean Cronin to start it

Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

...his first name with any letter of the alphabet other than S.

Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

An international test match when the incumbent hooker is injured

Jetstream
Squire

Post by Jetstream »

Luke Fitzgerald says Sean Cronin should have started for Ireland in their first test against Australia on Saturday.

Ireland slipped to an 18-9 defeat to Australia in the opening game of their summer tour last weekend, with Ulster's Rob Herring starting at hooker and Cronin coming off the bench in the second half.

Cronin has started just three games for Ireland since Joe Schmidt took over as coach five years ago and is instead usually deployed as an impact-sub, coming off the bench 32 times in that same period.

Former Ireland winger Fitzgerald was critical of the decision to start South Africa-born Herring over Cronin on Saturday..

"He [Herring] is the sub hooker for Ulster, why are we not starting Scannell, why are we not starting Cronin," Fitzgerald told The Left Wing, in association with Laya Healthcare.

"There's something he (Joe Schmidt) doesn't like about him. He's been the best hooker in the country for the last three years, over and above.

"He's picked Rory Best as his captain. Rory has loads of caps and Rory's a good guy and a good player, but he's just no comparison.

"From an attack perspective you'll get like two or three carries from Bestie in a game, max. They'll say in international rugby he might get one or two turnovers, but like [Cronin] might get one or two of them as well, and for what you get he's so much better.

"I just think he [Schmidt] doesn't like him, that would be my gut on it.

"For me this [tour to Australia] was a big opportunity to blood in Sean Cronin."

"It's nothing personal with Rob Herring it really isn't, I'd just like to see the two Irish guys. I like Scannell, I like Cronin, and I think they're actually better than Best, the two of them. I'd like to see one of them start this weekend," added Fitzgerald.

Online Editors
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Fitzwank just needs to be put down.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

That article is cancerous

Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Maybe he can't frickin scrummage for toffee?

Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Joe doesn't like him.
Funny that. Deccie obviously didn't either.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Because Fitzgerald is an expert in being international quality...

Herring to start again this weekend by all accounts. Cronin would be better wondering why he never does any of the hard work, preferring to be a Flash Harry on the wing.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

When Cronin came on he hovered over to the left wing and stood in front of Stockdale. He literally blocked him. When he got the ball he didn't looked left once. Head down and runs into an Aussie player.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

He's only 2 non-starts away from a world record.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Jetstream wrote:Luke Fitzgerald says Sean Cronin should have started for Ireland in their first test against Australia on Saturday.

Ireland slipped to an 18-9 defeat to Australia in the opening game of their summer tour last weekend, with Ulster's Rob Herring starting at hooker and Cronin coming off the bench in the second half.

Cronin has started just three games for Ireland since Joe Schmidt took over as coach five years ago and is instead usually deployed as an impact-sub, coming off the bench 32 times in that same period.

Former Ireland winger Fitzgerald was critical of the decision to start South Africa-born Herring over Cronin on Saturday..

"He [Herring] is the sub hooker for Ulster, why are we not starting Scannell, why are we not starting Cronin," Fitzgerald told The Left Wing, in association with Laya Healthcare.

"There's something he (Joe Schmidt) doesn't like about him. He's been the best hooker in the country for the last three years, over and above.

"He's picked Rory Best as his captain. Rory has loads of caps and Rory's a good guy and a good player, but he's just no comparison.

"From an attack perspective you'll get like two or three carries from Bestie in a game, max. They'll say in international rugby he might get one or two turnovers, but like [Cronin] might get one or two of them as well, and for what you get he's so much better.

"I just think he [Schmidt] doesn't like him, that would be my gut on it.

"For me this [tour to Australia] was a big opportunity to blood in Sean Cronin."

"It's nothing personal with Rob Herring it really isn't, I'd just like to see the two Irish guys. I like Scannell, I like Cronin, and I think they're actually better than Best, the two of them. I'd like to see one of them start this weekend," added Fitzgerald.

Online Editors
Sectarian nonsense coming from one of the worst selections ever for Ireland, a man with an international record of a paucity only beaten by Roger Baird, also a Lion. I suppose the fact that he is Des's son never did him any harm. :duh:

I always like to remind people that not only did his feet, hands and brain never coordinate, but he felt himself too good to play for Ireland U20s and therefore his replacement, Felix Jones, who in contrast to Fitzwank was universally liked, won a GS that year.

His punditry is as atrocious as his international record as he seeks to be "relevant". Gobshite.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Seems wee seanie cant buy a start