GG Gone

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

NorthernStar
Novice

GG Gone

Post by NorthernStar »

Very sorry to hear that Gareth is gone, but given the current situation not surprised.

First talked to him at the Ebbw Vale Heiny Cup game in '99. My son was 4 then and he always came over for a chat at the games we attended in Wales. One of my sons best memories was when Gareth took him into the dressing room to meet all the players after a Pontypridd game. Good times.
TheSnapper
Novice

Re: GG Gone

Post by TheSnapper »

More to go then
Available for weddings May to August only
horslips
Novice

Post by horslips »

Dismissed by IRFU in Dublin at the start of the week having been called down for a meeting. JD gone too apparently
STO SURSUM PRO ULSTERMEN
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

To be replaced by a 19 year old from Mexico?
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

horslips wrote:Dismissed by IRFU in Dublin at the start of the week having been called down for a meeting. JD gone too apparently
If true that's a bloody disgrace.

There's something really rotten going on. Sad to see GG go Image
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I have no idea of the rationale, though those were the two names I heard in addition to Tel.

Early last season I would have sacked the person who on his first day of training after the Lions tour decided to do a tick box exercise and check the top end speed of a 35-year-old hooker. Whether it was either of those lads I cannot say, buy Rory missed another 5/6 games.

Much as I have sympathy for the lads losing their jobs, I am wondering is it one of the following:

1) Dan McFarland looking to bring some people with him
2) some recognition that we do seem to have a higher attritional rate than many clubs and that perhaps someone has identied possible causes.

However, I doubt either of the above is true and perhaps we are simply cost-cutting.

Speaking of 35-year-old hookers, I was driving yesterday coming back from an appointment with a scandalously overpriced accountant. As you do in these parts I chanced upon a 35-year-old hooker - she may have been younger - in a short dress that probably doubled as a belt.

I asked her did she know any accountants who were not extortionists. She replied with a wink, she was more knowledgeable about contortionists and rolled her tongue suggestively around her lips and enquiring if we could do business.

Her smile, I suspect, belied the fact that she almost certainly was not considering me the finest specimen she had seen all day, but a fat baldy specky Nordiebastard who might part with a few euros for a rub of the relic. I politely declined.

Still looking for an accountant without an overinflated sense of their value.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Wee Woman wrote:
horslips wrote:Dismissed by IRFU in Dublin at the start of the week having been called down for a meeting. JD gone too apparently
If true that's a bloody disgrace.

There's something really rotten going on. Sad to see GG go Image
GG has been a fixture for as long as most of us care to remember and has lived every moment of every game from the touchline. He's very much one of us. JD has been there for a long time too, since Phil Morrow went to greater things.
The question we should be asking is this. Can any of the responsibility for the brutal catalogue of joint injuries we have seen be down to S&C training mistakes or poor rehab?
I doubt that any of us have the answers to that question, but there will be those that do.
While we're at it, I would also ask, and these may apply to JD more than GG. Have they been here too long? Run out of ideas? Become stale and demotivated? Are players no longer responding to coaching in the way that they need to?

There are more considerations to be taken into account above and beyond whether they bleed Ulster. Or carry a bag as a constant memorial to our fallen hero Nevin.
pg106
Initiate

Post by pg106 »

Putting 2 and 2 together, I would assume that the number of knee injuries currently on the books has probably contributed to the dismissals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

BaggyTrousers wrote:I have no idea of the rationale, though those were the two names I heard in addition to Tel.

Early last season I would have sacked the person who on his first day of training after the Lions tour decided to do a tick box exercise and check the top end speed of a 35-year-old hooker. Whether it was either of those lads I cannot say, buy Rory missed another 5/6 games.

Much as I have sympathy for the lads losing their jobs, I am wondering is it one of the following:

2) some recognition that we do seem to have a higher attritional rate than many clubs and that perhaps someone has identied possible causes.

However, I doubt either of the above is true and perhaps we are simply cost-cutting.

Speaking of 35-year-old hookers, I was driving yesterday coming back from an appointment with a scandalously overpriced accountant. As you do in these parts I chanced upon a 35-year-old hooker - she may have been younger - in a short dress that probably doubled as a belt.

I asked her did she know any accountants who were not extortionists. She replied with a wink, she was more knowledgeable about contortionists and rolled her tongue suggestively around her lips and enquiring if we could do business.

Her smile, I suspect, belied the fact that she almost certainly was not considering me the finest specimen she had seen all day, but a fat baldy specky Nordiebastard who might part with a few euros for a rub of the relic. I politely declined.

Sometimes it's can be massively advantageous to be as gay as the next man. :thumleft:
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

GG Gone

Post by rumncoke »

Of course there was the Gay accountant went heaven but was soon referred to Hell

He was caught fiddling with the Prophets .

The was also one who was an exhibitionist - caught window dressing

Adam was an accountant
— he turned over a leaf and made an entry .

Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Take it Kev will be ok for a bit yet as he's a turnip?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

BaggyTrousers wrote:I have no idea of the rationale, though those were the two names I heard in addition to Tel.

What do you need done?
I'm a qualified accountant apparently

rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

One P45 for one S Logan

Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

& it will all go spectacularly well.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Russ wrote:

What do you need done?
I'm a qualified accountant apparently

How is your knowledge of the Spanish tax system?

Setting up a business here is a tricky matter, you can waste hours queueing for a form to be stamped only to find that you can't have it stamped because you don't have a digital certificate approved yet, or similar issues.

I've no problem paying people for their knowledge to set up what's needed, I baulk at some of the fancy monthly figures for doing the tax for a very small business on a quarterly basis.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.