GG Gone

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: GG Gone

Post by Rooster »

BR wrote:
Rooster wrote:
BR wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
SDK wrote:Lead Physiotherapist

Ulster Rugby - Belfast
The IRFU would like to invite applications for the position of Lead Physiotherapist, Ulster. The Lead Physiotherapist will deliver best practice sports physiotherapy services to the Ulster Squad based, in Belfast, in partnership with the Ulster Medicine and Science Service team.

This position is being offered on a full-time, 2 year fixed-term contract basis and is based at Kingspan Stadium Ulster Rugby, Belfast.

Candidates must be able to work frequent evenings and weekends, and be available to travel to away fixtures (including South Africa and Europe) with the Ulster Senior Team throughout the season. For further details and to apply, please visit https://ulsterrugby.erecruit.co.uk. The closing date and time for the receipt of application is Friday 22nd June at 9am.
Interviews will be held week commencing 23rd July 2018.
I hope a certain gentleman, recently dispensed with applies for the job, he would almost certainly be the most qualified applicant and has already demonstrated that he can meet all requirements of the job.

Go for it my son and sue the feckers if the give it to a less qualified candidate. >EW
Do we know that he wasn't already offered it?
"Lyn Robinson
Hope they treat the next physio with more respect than what they gave to our son!!!!"
Lyn is Gareths mother
I understand he wasn't happy. That does not mean he wasn't offered the job, but he may have felt the offer unacceptable.

Or maybe he was just fired. Like I say I have no idea.
Dumped, contract terminated, fired what at ever you want to call it.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Rooster wrote:
BR wrote:
Rooster wrote:
BR wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote: I hope a certain gentleman, recently dispensed with applies for the job, he would almost certainly be the most qualified applicant and has already demonstrated that he can meet all requirements of the job.

Go for it my son and sue the feckers if the give it to a less qualified candidate. >EW
Do we know that he wasn't already offered it?
"Lyn Robinson
Hope they treat the next physio with more respect than what they gave to our son!!!!"
Lyn is Gareths mother
I understand he wasn't happy. That does not mean he wasn't offered the job, but he may have felt the offer unacceptable.

Or maybe he was just fired. Like I say I have no idea.
Dumped, contract terminated, fired what at ever you want to call it.
So it was GG they had the problem with; not the post.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Post by Gerald the Mole »

Both GG and JD taken across the border and told no longer required, GG took the option to resign, JD took the option to do what JD does best, by the way same day Shame was sacked.

(Anyway could have been worse if the armed wing of IRFU had taken them across the border, end up in a forest somewhere . And another Captain in a bog)

There was an obvious issue on our medical and fitness side , but who’s fault was that , maybe it should go back to who employed them first, what exactly was their pedigree to be given the jobs in such a professional role in the first instance.

Both nice chaps and I do feel that they were an easy target for some . Both big losses to the back room. I would say Dublin has a plan, we are the new Connacht
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

Perhaps it is just time for new blood in the physio department.

To say that they want us to be the new Connacht is a ridiculous notion though, especially when we've been doing our best to go that way on our own.
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

therealspratt wrote:Perhaps it is just time for new blood in the physio department.

To say that they want us to be the new Connacht is a ridiculous notion though, especially when we've been doing our best to go that way on our own.

I wish we were the new Connacht, especially the Connacht that won the league, played fearlessly from behind their own try line, attack from anywhere. Great rugby to watch, and to play i'm sure, better than the tripe we've been served for the guts of two years.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Gerald the Mole wrote:Both GG and JD taken across the border and told no longer required, GG took the option to resign, JD took the option to do what JD does best, by the way same day Shame was sacked.

(Anyway could have been worse if the armed wing of IRFU had taken them across the border, end up in a forest somewhere . And another Captain in a bog)

There was an obvious issue on our medical and fitness side , but who’s fault was that , maybe it should go back to who employed them first, what exactly was their pedigree to be given the jobs in such a professional role in the first instance.

Both nice chaps and I do feel that they were an easy target for some . Both big losses to the back room. I would say Dublin has a plan, we are the new Connacht
Getting mixed messages Gerry. On the one hand they weren't up to the task; on the other they'll be a big loss.

Notwithstanding that they were nice chaps and their hearts were in their thoracic cavities, will Ulster improve with new people?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Columbo
Squire

Post by Columbo »

BR wrote:Getting mixed messages Gerry. On the one hand they weren't up to the task; on the other they'll be a big loss.

Notwithstanding that they were nice chaps and their hearts were in their thoracic cavities, will Ulster improve with new people?
This will be interesting to follow. Our injury profile hasn't been good - the constant refrain is "they're impact injuries, it's just bad luck" - let's see how the next couple of years pan out. (Of course even if we now have a few good years, I suppose you still can't exclude that last few years being just a prolonged run of bad luck, but there you have it)
..one more thing
Dan Dare
Squire

Post by Dan Dare »

stickinout wrote:
therealspratt wrote:Perhaps it is just time for new blood in the physio department.

I wish we were the new Connacht, especially the Connacht that won the league, played fearlessly from behind their own try line, attack from anywhere. Great rugby to watch, and to play i'm sure, better than the tripe we've been served for the guts of two years.

Agree fully. The rugby on offer is what counts, but to a greater degree to achieve what we all want as a club and a province is a team that is good to watch. I think that the culture (can't think of a different word) is wrong in Ulster and has been for some time. Never sure exactly who can change it. The people working at the club (including the Physios) set the tone for work environment. There is just something wrong. I wish that we could emulate Connacht who got a great spirit going, defied the odds, played great rugby and seem to enjoy what they do.
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

In my experience of corporate environments, culture is what a good CEO obsesses over. A mediocre CEO makes good decisions and allows the culture to evolve naturally. And a crap CEO, well UR know all about that.

Sent from my Swift 2 Plus using Tapatalk
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

mid ulster maestro wrote:Rules me out then. I can't even spell ALC.
ACL is the correct spelling .... alphabetically

At least my CDO wouldn't rule me out by not being able to spell it.

(and if you're not sure what CDO is, its the same as OCD, but with the letters in the order they should be)
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
mid ulster maestro
Warrior Chief

Post by mid ulster maestro »

Too many feckin' TLAs on here.
When the bottom has fallen out of your world.
Take Enos and let the world fall out of your bottom!
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

mid ulster maestro wrote:Too many feckin' TLAs on here.
I couldn't agree more, MUM.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

BR wrote:
mid ulster maestro wrote:Too many feckin' TLAs on here.
I couldn't agree more, MUM.
Very good sir! >appl >appl >appl
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Columbo
Squire

Post by Columbo »

ColinM wrote:In my experience of corporate environments, culture is what a good CEO obsesses over. A mediocre CEO makes good decisions and allows the culture to evolve naturally. And a crap CEO, well UR know all about that.

Sent from my Swift 2 Plus using Tapatalk
Very true - a good example of this playing out before us is Eddie Jones at England. Instead of just concentrating on coaching rugby which he's very good at, he's always swaggering round acting the bollix, and now look at the state of the squad in SA, players picking arguments with fans, walking off during interviews, refusing to talk to fans in the hotel, and my favourite anecdote so far, a player jumping a long queue at the hotel with an 'emergency' which turned out to be that he needed an extra playstation cable.

The tone in organisations is always set at the top - the new Ulster CEO has to be a big change from what went before..
..one more thing
Jetstream
Squire

Post by Jetstream »

I have a certain sympathy for Ben Youngs. He had mike stuck stuck in his face by some bimbo from Sky. He should have shoved it up her jacksie.