Rory Best emailed me!!!

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

stickinout
Warrior Chief

Re: Rory Best emailed me!!!

Post by stickinout »

Snipe Watson wrote:
BR wrote:
Fortyniner wrote:russ
you asked for link
http://www.supportulsterrugbyevenrorybe ... inning.com
Uafc subscribers only
XLIX
Is that one of these chaps? 9

fortify yerself Snipe and stop talking obtusely!
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

Liz Fraser wrote:
bangorboy wrote:So personal, sincere and genuine.

ello Stephen,
After a challenging season both on and off the pitch, I thought it was appropriate for me, on behalf of the playing group, to share our thanks for your loyal support once again.

As players, we visit clubs, schools and other organisations across the Province on a weekly basis and it is truly humbling to see how much support we have within the community.

I watched yesterday’s game from the stands - the atmosphere was brilliant - and your attendance was really appreciated by all players, especially those who were saying goodbye.

While it would be easy to look back on the season with some negativity, I would like to share some of the positives that I’ve witnessed.

I would like to pay tribute to my team mates for their fight and spirit throughout. To finish the season unbeaten in our last five games is testament to the character and quality of the players and I couldn’t be prouder of them.

It’s been pleasing to see so many of my teammates grow and develop as players and leaders over the past 12 months.

As a senior player, it is exciting to see that the future is extremely bright for Ulster Rugby. We’ve had eight Academy players experience first team rugby this season and we have a record number of players representing Ireland at under-age level.

Having secured Champions Cup qualification, we will start pre-season with enthusiasm and confidence, and we look forward to welcoming some quality players and coaches into the set-up during the summer.

Finally, I would like to take this opportunity to recognise the contribution of some great servants to Ulster Rugby who will bid farewell this summer, in particular Andrew Trimble, Paul Marshall, Robbie Diack, Tommy Bowe, Callum Black and Norman Pollock. I wish them and their families all the best for the future.

Thanks again for standing up for us this season. It’s a privilege to continue to represent you.

Rory Best
Captain, Ulster Rugby
I got one too but different.

Dear. Liz

After a season of complete catastrophic proportions on and off the pitch I have been forced by our PR group to desperately beg you for your support as bank records note you once attended an Ulster match 3 years ago.

Having seen so little attendance yesterday we've literally sh1t ourselves and after much debate this letter is a vain attempt to make you feel personally valued.

The season has been cack but I'm going to create some positives in the same way as after 9/11 you could comment that Bin Laden had a nice beard.

We went 5 games unbeaten which is an incredible feat considering how crap some our players are.

Out of utter desperation we've had to field half our academy players as most of our senior players were injured, couldn't be bothered or we fecked them off.
Its going to be more of the same over the next number of years.

Having sneaked into the champions cup we want to make you feel this in some way will be treated as a cup win as at least we hope it may attract someone somewhere not involved in the competition who might be good.
Were all off on a jolly up now.

I would like to take the opportunity to say good riddance to Jonno Gibbes and Charles Piatau who were the sort of people you would love to have in the trenches. If the trenches contained 4 poster beds, gold plated crockery and we're 500 miles away from enemy lines.

All this and I didn't even mention Paddy or Stu who never happened, UNDERSTAND!

Please pretty please come back, love you lots really bye,

Rory Best
Occasional Captain Ulster Rugby, who really did write this unassisted, honest.
Love it, call it for what it is!

Rory would've had very little input in any of it, a weak attempt at polishing a turd at best.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

BR wrote:
Fortyniner wrote:" UR PR department apologised today for the horrendous bit up today which resulted in hundreds of emails from Rory Best going out to unintended recipients, especially those whining pessimistic , never- to- be -pleased, negative alleged supporters on the UAFC web site who have done nothing but complain during the Clubs recent successful winning run. It was not intended that the players thanks should go to any of them, and that thanks is withdrawn unreservedly. Humble apologies for the grief and upset caused."
You had me up until 'successful winning run'.
Had me up until "PR Department"
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

Well done LIz, a much more accurate and realistic picture painted!

Wee woman, " a weak attempt at polishing a turd at best" I nearly choked on my piece. You're wasted in your day job. You should be critically reviewing something, Talk about hitting a nail on the head. It feels like that description is apt for summing up our last season too.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

stickinout wrote:Well done LIz, a much more accurate and realistic picture painted!

Wee woman, " a weak attempt at polishing a turd at best" I nearly choked on my piece. You're wasted in your day job. You should be critically reviewing something, Talk about hitting a nail on the head. It feels like that description is apt for summing up our last season too.
Logan says if polish a turd for long enough it turns to gold
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Well, fu'ck you all, I really enjoyed my personal email from Rory, he's a top bloke, taking time out to write to me. You are an ungrateful parcel of cu'nts.

As for 49, he's just a cu'nt. Frankly, I hope he dies soon. Maybe he'll head back to the hospice for terminally stupid rugby dullards, Bakeface. Get lost gobshite.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Fortyniner
Novice

Post by Fortyniner »

Baggy
I was going to give up posting but then I realised I would
miss out on your highly original sparkling wit and repartee, backed up by your uncanny match forecasting.
Never!
If you can't take it, don't dish it out. SUFTUM
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Fortyniner wrote:Baggy
I was going to give up posting but then I realised I would
miss out on your highly original sparkling wit and repartee, backed up by your uncanny match forecasting.
Never!
If you can't take it, don't dish it out. SUFTUM
Long live fortyniner
What are your opinions on Bryn?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Fortyniner
Novice

Post by Fortyniner »

Ta, Russ.
I think he is an honest, through and through UR guy, who must have thought many times under the combined horlicks of SL and LK that he should take a job anywhere else doing anything else. He has been placed in many impossible negotiating positions. But he has stuck in there. Would he make a good CEO? I dont know, but definitely worth a shout over and above some of the wasters who will apply for the money.........if it is ever advertised. With Bc at the helm, a new coach, Rory and Hendos presecence amongst the forwards, NIQs making a contribution, and the recent postive signs of a team culture emerging, we can get back to a more positive outlook. We may not win anything for a bit, but not being able to hold our own against lesser teams has been our downfall in the recent past.....all of which I put at the door of LK.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

The reason Bryn was brought in was because neither Logan or Kiss had a notion about contracts and we were in danger of a number of our players going elsewhere as they had nothing signed here.
Now depending on the review and structures plus calibre of the new CEO and Head coach Bryn could find his job no longer in existence.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Fortyniner
Novice

Post by Fortyniner »

Rooster
good point.
I see that you are convinced that we will have a new CEO!
Do we know who is doing the review, and when it is due to report?
and to whom does it report?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Fortyniner wrote:Rooster
good point.
I see that you are convinced that we will have a new CEO!
Do we know who is doing the review, and when it is due to report?
and to whom does it report?
Of course we will get a new CEO as the position of one who has lost the faith of players, staff and customers is well past his sell by date
Rory Best
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

stickinout wrote:Well done LIz, a much more accurate and realistic picture painted!

Why thank you, I’m having a particularly trying day today and that has cheered me right up ImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

Rooster wrote:

Logan says if polish a turd for long enough it turns to gold
ImageImageImage

stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

Wee Woman wrote:

Why thank you, I’m having a particularly trying day today and that has cheered me right up ImageImage

:thumleft:

Sorry to hear you had a hard day. Get skittled, always takes the edge of a bad day for me. >burp