Rory Best emailed me!!!

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

bangorboy
Steward

Rory Best emailed me!!!

Post by bangorboy »

So personal, sincere and genuine.

ello Stephen,
After a challenging season both on and off the pitch, I thought it was appropriate for me, on behalf of the playing group, to share our thanks for your loyal support once again.

As players, we visit clubs, schools and other organisations across the Province on a weekly basis and it is truly humbling to see how much support we have within the community.

I watched yesterday’s game from the stands - the atmosphere was brilliant - and your attendance was really appreciated by all players, especially those who were saying goodbye.

While it would be easy to look back on the season with some negativity, I would like to share some of the positives that I’ve witnessed.

I would like to pay tribute to my team mates for their fight and spirit throughout. To finish the season unbeaten in our last five games is testament to the character and quality of the players and I couldn’t be prouder of them.

It’s been pleasing to see so many of my teammates grow and develop as players and leaders over the past 12 months.

As a senior player, it is exciting to see that the future is extremely bright for Ulster Rugby. We’ve had eight Academy players experience first team rugby this season and we have a record number of players representing Ireland at under-age level.

Having secured Champions Cup qualification, we will start pre-season with enthusiasm and confidence, and we look forward to welcoming some quality players and coaches into the set-up during the summer.

Finally, I would like to take this opportunity to recognise the contribution of some great servants to Ulster Rugby who will bid farewell this summer, in particular Andrew Trimble, Paul Marshall, Robbie Diack, Tommy Bowe, Callum Black and Norman Pollock. I wish them and their families all the best for the future.

Thanks again for standing up for us this season. It’s a privilege to continue to represent you.

Rory Best
Captain, Ulster Rugby
Nevin Spence - Forever an Ulsterman
WestDr
Novice

Re: Rory Best emailed me!!!

Post by WestDr »

Classy touch to include Sparky....
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Not sure if one of those pishtake emails Baggy writes or a real email

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

I got one too. Unfortunately Rory must have mistaken me for someone else, as I wasn't there yesterday. But I suppose he was on the far side of the ground and us white, middle-aged, fat, bald blokes probably look all the same.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Soda
Novice

Post by Soda »

Genuine, I just got it.
Sparky gets a mention, Charlie and Gibbes can presumably feck off
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

BR wrote:I got one too. Unfortunately Rory must have mistaken me for someone else, as I wasn't there yesterday. But I suppose he was on the far side of the ground and us white, middle-aged, fat, bald blokes probably look all the same.
I hope you are gonna forward it to a white, middle-aged, fat, bald bloke who was there and will otherwise miss out on this personal message from Rory because you got his email.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

BR wrote:I got one too. Unfortunately Rory must have mistaken me for someone else, as I wasn't there yesterday. But I suppose he was on the far side of the ground and us white, middle-aged, fat, bald blokes probably look all the same.
That's me that is ...
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Soda wrote:Genuine, I just got it.
Sparky gets a mention, Charlie and Gibbes can presumably feck off
Yes. The omissions were the most interesting part of that round robin. Would have loved Rory to have slipped PJ and SO into that list.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

#MeToo "Yes. The omissions were the most interesting part of that round robin. Would have loved Rory to have slipped PJ and SO into that list." Perhaps should have!
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

#MeToo "Yes. The omissions were the most interesting part of that round robin. Would have loved Rory to have slipped PJ and SO into that list." Perhaps should have!
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

#I Believe Him
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
bangorboy
Steward

Post by bangorboy »

Sadie in the ticket office : Mr Logan, Sir, ST sales figures are just in and they are... not good.

Shane Logan : Don't worry Sadie, I have a plan... ( Lifts phone ) PR Dept, yes it's Shane Logan here, CEO, midas touch, etc etc. Listen I need you to draft a letter up for the fools, ahem, supporters who haven't renewed yet. Sign it from Rory. What do you mean Rory who??? Rory Best, our Captain. Make sure you tug at the heartstrings, difficult year, players moving on, FFS get Sparky in there somewhere. I want it out on Facebook, Myspace, Bebo, Friends Reunited - everywhere. ( Puts phone down )

There you go Sadie, problem solved...
Nevin Spence - Forever an Ulsterman
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

On the list...has he only included 100+ cappers? I know PJ has over 100 caps but note that it is players he is bidding farewell to 'this summer'

On Charles. I've often wondered if we'd brought him in that few months early might he have bought into UR a bit more? Agin reaping what we sow? Maybe not and its just me always seeing the best in folk! (not FOLK)
loosehead1984
Initiate

Post by loosehead1984 »

Just a thought lads from someone who doesn't post here much but has been around this site for a long time.

Going to get lambasted for saying this but I'd rather he played more for Ulster than emailed. I can't count now how many times he has been unavailable to play for Ulster over the last few years, including yesterday.

He watched from the stands... great! :banghead:

Our Captain's place is on the pitch.

There you go boys... fire away >sniper
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

The missus got one and she didn't even renew last year as she was a year ahead of the programme. She resisted multiple begging letters to renew and still got an email from Rory thanking her for her support.

I'm beginning to think Rory might not have typed them all out personally? Maybe he saved himself time by copy and pasting the body of the letter and just changed the names at the top?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.