Ulster Squad 2018/19

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

stickinout
Warrior Chief

Re: Ulster Squad 2018/19

Post by stickinout »

Bring Humph On!! wrote:
Dave wrote:We will unlikely to be able to sign an NIQ LH with the Hond on the books. If we can shift him then I would go for that. A 10 appears to have been blocked. Personally I'd love a big f*** off second row. A bit of an enforcer and lineout general. Where would you find one though?

A utility back is needed also. It will be slim pickings out there.

Slim pickings is one of the big issues. Doing our business at this table of the season leaves you with the scraps. Our NIQ’s have to be better - both on the pitch but also off it. We need men who are leaders. If they have experience of being winners then even better.

+1
Tedanica
Novice

Post by Tedanica »

I’m sure it’s pie in the sky but Ruan returning to cover 9/10 is so appealing.
Do you guys watch Ruan play for Montpellier ? He is back to his best, in amazing form, French press nad fans are in awe for him. He is considered as the best rookie for Montpellier and they recruited Picamoles, Cruden and Serfonteyn this season. Why should he come back to warm bench behind Cooney and Mc Philips? Even if he is missing Ulster and Ulster missing him, I hope he stays in Montpellier as it would be the waste of his God's given talent to bring him back to Ulster for the second fiddle part.
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

Tedanica wrote:
Do you guys watch Ruan play for Montpellier ? He is back to his best, in amazing form, French press nad fans are in awe for him. He is considered as the best rookie for Montpellier and they recruited Picamoles, Cruden and Serfonteyn this season. Why should he come back to warm bench behind Cooney and Mc Philips? Even if he is missing Ulster and Ulster missing him, I hope he stays in Montpellier as it would be the waste of his God's given talent to bring him back to Ulster for the second fiddle part.

Fair enough. I thought he was miserable and not in great form. Glad to hear he's playing well and showing them what he can do. The down side is that we'll never see him back playing now the French have seen him first hand. Good luck to him, make as much as you can RP then get yer ar5e back here for a coaching job.
Bring Humph On!!
Squire

Post by Bring Humph On!! »

Tedanica wrote:
Yes Ruan has been in great form since he came back from his injury. A very important aspect of Ruans life is his family & I don’t think the family is well settled at all. As I say, it’s more than likely pie in the sky stuff - but it’s good to have something to cling onto sometimes.

:thumleft:
"But going forward, at Ulster Rugby, one thing will never change. As long as this great club exists, the person and the player, Nevin Spence, will never be forgotten."

IF!!! ..... I CAN DO NOTHING WITH IF!!
Bring Humph On!!
Squire

Back line looking rather shallow for start of next season. The already mentioned 9 & 10 issues coupled with serious injuries to L Marshall & King Louis. According to a report this morning they both will miss a large part of next season.

Not good. Medical joker time??
"But going forward, at Ulster Rugby, one thing will never change. As long as this great club exists, the person and the player, Nevin Spence, will never be forgotten."

Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Bring Humph On!! wrote:Back line looking rather shallow for start of next season. The already mentioned 9 & 10 issues coupled with serious injuries to L Marshall & King Louis. According to a report this morning they both will miss a large part of next season.

Not good. Medical joker time??
Not an f'ing chance, we're not Munster

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Recall Farrell and Arnold back off loan.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Poor Louis has the same injury that finished POC, the ligament off the bone. Poor Luke, that's NHL to you, ballixes ACL. Both likely to be out for much if not all of the season.

This 41 man squad looking somewhat shallow at present and no word of what Deysel's situation is and of course.... the great imponderable, Marvell. 39, at best and that includes Hond FFFS.

If I were an academy player or Darren Cave bid be expecting a lot of game minutes. If I were a decent AIL player, I'd be thinking, houl'on here, I could be getting a call, A team at least, or Ravens as the committee still think they are called. :lol:

If course, I suppose all you Nordies know all that already.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Sorry guys, my English is deteriorating, think I'll just fùcking use sweary words instead of trying to spell. Fack.

See even that coming out wrong, bloody España. :lol:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Poor Louis has the same injury that finished POC, the ligament off the bone. Poor Luke, that's NHL to you, ballixes ACL. Both likely to be out for much if not all of the season.

This 41 man squad looking somewhat shallow at present and no word of what Deysel's situation is and of course.... the great imponderable, Marvell. 39, at best and that includes Hond FFFS.

If I were an academy player or Darren Cave bid be expecting a lot of game minutes. If I were a decent AIL player, I'd be thinking, houl'on here, I could be getting a call, A team at least, or Ravens as the committee still think they are called. Image

If course, I suppose all you Nordies know all that already.
Unsustainable!
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Bring Humph On!!
Squire

We know you e really settled Baggy when you start referring to those who rub you the wrong way as “putas” ... although if a puta rubbed you the wrong way ....

Anyhow ... O’Toole now out & missing the Junior RWC. Not sure how bad his knee is but a shame for him. Would’ve been a good experience for him.

Brendan Macken still without a club I see. A good Pro, IQ, wouldn’t break the bank. Just saying like!!

>flog

Bring Humph On!!
Squire

And give Small Paul a contract ... he’d take Ulster’s arm off

UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Logan reckons he'll be back fighting fit for pre season.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Greg Cunningham and Sean Maguire had similar hamstring problems at North End last season.

Both missed 4 months of action.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Bring Humph On!! wrote:We know you e really settled Baggy when you start referring to those who rub you the wrong way as “putas” ... although if a puta rubbed you the wrong way ....

Anyhow ... O’Toole now out & missing the Junior RWC. Not sure how bad his knee is but a shame for him. Would’ve been a good experience for him.

Brendan Macken still without a club I see. A good Pro, IQ, wouldn’t break the bank. Just saying like!!

>flog
Macken is one of Jordi’s mates.