Ulster Squad 2018/19

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Ulster Squad 2018/19

Post by Rooster »

Bring Humph On!! wrote:We know you e really settled Baggy when you start referring to those who rub you the wrong way as “putas” ... although if a puta rubbed you the wrong way ....

Anyhow ... O’Toole now out & missing the Junior RWC. Not sure how bad his knee is but a shame for him. Would’ve been a good experience for him.

Brendan Macken still without a club I see. A good Pro, IQ, wouldn’t break the bank. Just saying like!!

>flog
You would have to wonder should O'Toole have been playing on Sunday if that is the leg he had heavily strapped that is injured
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Rooster wrote:
Bring Humph On!! wrote:We know you e really settled Baggy when you start referring to those who rub you the wrong way as “putas” ... although if a puta rubbed you the wrong way ....

Anyhow ... O’Toole now out & missing the Junior RWC. Not sure how bad his knee is but a shame for him. Would’ve been a good experience for him.

Brendan Macken still without a club I see. A good Pro, IQ, wouldn’t break the bank. Just saying like!!

>flog
You would have to wonder should O'Toole have been playing on Sunday if that is the leg he had heavily strapped that is injured
He wasn't orginally supposed to play until Kane withdrew.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Fecked

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Just looking at our current playing squad, if we had a match this weekend and could only play fit players who will be in the squad next year we wouldn't have a heck of a lot more than a match day 23 available.

Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
prawnsarnies
Novice

Post by prawnsarnies »

Deraless wrote:Just looking at our current playing squad, if we had a match this weekend and could only play fit players who will be in the squad next year we wouldn't have a heck of a lot more than a match day 23 available.

Madness. Are we about to get a raft of Dave Kearney-esque handouts?
Some of the young lads will swim when thrown into the deep end but it's going to be painful watching the others.
"You have to find to find your own solace - your own drive, your own ambition, your own inner strength; for the greatest game of your f**king life." Jim Telfer, 1st Test, Lions Tour 1997
Bring Humph On!!
Squire

Post by Bring Humph On!! »

Rooster wrote:

>flog
I wonder is it a sign of things to come ... he was playing because he was “the least injured”?

I have no idea of any truth to this, purely speculating.
"But going forward, at Ulster Rugby, one thing will never change. As long as this great club exists, the person and the player, Nevin Spence, will never be forgotten."

IF!!! ..... I CAN DO NOTHING WITH IF!!
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

We could barely have fielded a side with nearly all THs carrying a knock.
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

>flog
Macken isn't very good from what I've seen.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

There is no point getting rid of daves to fill the squad back up again with new daves.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

BR wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:Poor Louis has the same injury that finished POC, the ligament off the bone. Poor Luke, that's NHL to you, ballixes ACL. Both likely to be out for much if not all of the season.

This 41 man squad looking somewhat shallow at present and no word of what Deysel's situation is and of course.... the great imponderable, Marvell. 39, at best and that includes Hond FFFS.

If I were an academy player or Darren Cave bid be expecting a lot of game minutes. If I were a decent AIL player, I'd be thinking, houl'on here, I could be getting a call, A team at least, or Ravens as the committee still think they are called. Image

Of course, I suppose all you Nordies know all that already.
Unsustainable!
I heard on the telly at the weekend that Leinster has used 55 players this season. Albeit they have hugely more international calls, how we expect to get by with less than 40 is beyond my ken, especially when the A/Ravens are playing the same weekend.

Dubbin out lads, get your boots ready and forwards, don't forget to sharpen those wooden studs.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
BR wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:Poor Louis has the same injury that finished POC, the ligament off the bone. Poor Luke, that's NHL to you, ballixes ACL. Both likely to be out for much if not all of the season.

This 41 man squad looking somewhat shallow at present and no word of what Deysel's situation is and of course.... the great imponderable, Marvell. 39, at best and that includes Hond FFFS.

If I were an academy player or Darren Cave bid be expecting a lot of game minutes. If I were a decent AIL player, I'd be thinking, houl'on here, I could be getting a call, A team at least, or Ravens as the committee still think they are called. Image

Unsustainable!
I heard on the telly at the weekend that Leinster has used 55 players this season. Albeit they have hugely more international calls, how we expect to get by with less than 40 is beyond my ken, especially when the A/Ravens are playing the same weekend.

Dubbin out lads, get your boots ready and forwards, don't forget to sharpen those wooden studs.
To be fair, Leinster play more games than us.

Presumably the As won't play the same weekend.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
BR wrote:

Unsustainable!

Mind FOLK said we weren't far behind Leinster.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Just imagine this scenario, John Cooney called up for the AIs - as befits his talent - Janny Junior injured, McCloskey pulls a fetlock and Cave is off on his own training without even the two young gentlemen for company.

Question: can Will Addison, if he's fit, cover 3/4 positions simultaneously?

As for the A team not playing the same weekends, I assume that is a wee joke?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Just imagine this scenario, John Cooney called up for the AIs - as befits his talent - Janny Junior injured, McCloskey pulls a fetlock and Cave is off on his own training without even the two young gentlemen for company.

I'd have guessed the A games may be scheduled mid week and around the few existing breaks.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Bring Humph On!!
Squire

Post by Bring Humph On!! »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Just imagine this scenario, John Cooney called up for the AIs - as befits his talent - Janny Junior injured, McCloskey pulls a fetlock and Cave is off on his own training without even the two young gentlemen for company.

We can probably assume that with a strong tour party off to Oz, including those that toured with the Lions last summer, that those players nailed on to be going to the RWC will be getting extensive rest during the season. Taking into account AI’s, 6 Nations & Carton House get togethers would it be beyond the realms of possibility that we will be without Best, Hendy, the Interceptor & possibly Cooney for the guts of 50% of our games?

Strangely, of the 4 it’s probably Cooney we’d miss most.
"But going forward, at Ulster Rugby, one thing will never change. As long as this great club exists, the person and the player, Nevin Spence, will never be forgotten."

IF!!! ..... I CAN DO NOTHING WITH IF!!