Ulster Squad 2018/19

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Ulster Squad 2018/19

Post by Dave »

I don't think we can submit a rival offer unless the player wants to leave. Leinster used to steal players all the time. We would be better going for Dooley.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Amiga500
Warrior Chief

Post by Amiga500 »

therealspratt wrote:Are provinces now allowed to outbid eachother on contracts? I can't really see the IRFU going out of their way to enable this either.
No. They are absolutely not allowed to bid against each other.

If the player wants away, if the current province don't want them, or if the IRFU want to move them, then different ball game. But the "buying" province is not allowed to instigate anything.

[unless they are Leinster obviously]
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

CIMANFOREVER wrote:
therealspratt wrote:
CIMANFOREVER wrote:Dennis Buckley
What about him?

He surely wouldn't move from being first choice at Connacht and moving to Ulster wouldn't help his Ireland chances an iota.
IQ, about the best pure scrummaging Irish loosehead. Going nowhere at Westies. Would be first choice here, knows McFarland, Cooney etc and exposure to HEC etc to prove himself to Joe where he cant buy a cap. Whats the negatives apart from contract buy out?
This is a guy who troubled Afoa at 22 and is a feared loosie. The defence rests. F¥ck wingers etc thats our front row solved.
Absolutely none, but we are not in a position to buy anybody out of a contract, not Buckley, not Ginger Prince, not even Ruan Pienaar who would apparently play for almost no money just to come "home" and be with his family. Terry SLogan, eh? The CEO's wizard of CEOs, the man who ruined Ulster, not quite singlehandedly but close.

Sorry to be a harbinger of doom CIMAN but genuinely we haven't got a pot to pish in and will lose a significant wedge this year unless the crowd figures improve massively.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

So what you’re saying is, we’ve more chance of signing Father Buckley.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
TopPoster
Initiate

Post by TopPoster »

Who would have thought Shame Logan was as useful as a marzipan dildo.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

TopPoster wrote:Who would have thought Shame Logan was as useful as a marzipan dildo.
Worse he was a chocolate fire grate
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

‘Chocolate Fire Guard’ Cocker... Like ‘An ashtray on a Harley’

He’s a shiver looking for a spine to run up.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Anyone thinking the Ulster squad has a slightly threadbare look about it, :duh: :duh: :duh: just wait until next year........ smaller and less experienced.

In the words of Irving Berlin: There may be trouble ahead ..................

And I'm not dancing, can't hear any music and doubt there is much love and romance around Ravenhill since a certain ex-employee stopped shaggin' his p.a.

Trouble at feckin' mill lads.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

LOOK ........... put it this way, don't be surprised if you are in the environs of Ravenhill in 5 years time and some wizened wraithlike creature points at the crumbling facade and in a shrill keening stifled murmur says, Here be Dragons.
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Anyone thinking the Ulster squad has a slightly threadbare look about it, :duh: :duh: :duh: just wait until next year........ smaller and less experienced.

In the words of Irving Berlin: There may be trouble ahead ..................

And I'm not dancing, can't hear any music and doubt there is much love and romance around Ravenhill since a certain ex-employee stopped shaggin' his p.a.

Trouble at feckin' mill lads.
Is it really that bad? How can an organisation who got a stadium built for next to nothing, with crowds averaging 14000+ for about 5 seasons be so lacking in £££££.

The Ulster squad is hardly full of big wages.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

A few years of financial incompetency and mismanagement. For all their PR guff there is a noticeable drop off in the amount of Ulster gear you see people wearing out and about these days.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

One word. Logan.

#spectacularlybad
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Is it possible to bankrupt a Charity? Watch this space.

The bubble has burst.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Every advertising space sold for the next 18 to 24 months and the money spent.

The sign up for two years season ticket option was the last throw of the dice.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

There were several who saw this coming when we got a new CEO a few years ago.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best