Image
Image
Image

Topics Calendar

October 2018

S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31

Who is online

In total there are 52 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 47 guests

Most users ever online was 454 on Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:04 pm

Registered users: AhrefsBot, Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], SemrushBot


Legend :: Administrators, Moderators

Statistics

Total posts 653711
Total topics 19080
Total members 2926
Our newest member Poth Ale

Robbie Diack

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderators: The Fonz, Moderators

  • Advertisement

Topic Rating:
  • 1 vote
  

Re: Robbie Diack

Postby BR » Wed May 09, 2018 3:09 pm

OK - availability, liftability and run-up-ability. That's an impressive skill set.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
User avatar
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 17149
Images: 3
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:12 am
Location: On a roll.

Re: Robbie Diack

Postby Snipe Watson » Wed May 09, 2018 4:56 pm

There's a lot of horse biscuits being offered up as hobnobs here. Robbie has been a good team player, not international class, but solid. He has been defensively excellent, OK he made a lot of soak tackles, but he still made them and he was good in both set piece. He was OK at the breakdown and seemed to be effective enough in the maul. His carrying into contact was indeed pants, but that's the only aspect of his game that was really below the standard required.
#NotMyCountry
User avatar
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 22826
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:42 pm

Re: Robbie Diack

Postby Liz Fraser » Wed May 09, 2018 5:12 pm

BR wrote:
Liz Fraser wrote:Or indeed on international duty.
Leinster would have a McLaughlin, Jennings, Ruddock or players at that level when say SOB or Heaslip was unavailable.
Munster have Copeland, O'Donoghue, O'Donnell to cover Stander or POM.
We have had Diack for 200+ games.
As I said before where else would he have had even a portion of those appearances but here?

Are you rating Copeland above Diack?

He is the Munster equivalent of a Dave.

For the record, I rate Diack above Dave status. His injury profile is too good. In his long career here, perhaps his greatest asset has been availability.

Unequivocally yes that's exactly what I'm saying.
Copeland from memory got 3 moms in about as many weeks for Munster fairly recently.
Did Diack ever get one in 200 appearances?
Their Daves are better than our Daves.
They win things we don't
They are regularly in the mix for trophies whilst we don't even get to the knockouts anymore.
User avatar
Liz Fraser
Squire
 
Posts: 637
Joined: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:52 pm

Re: Robbie Diack

Postby BR » Wed May 09, 2018 5:43 pm

Liz Fraser wrote:
BR wrote:
Liz Fraser wrote:Or indeed on international duty.
Leinster would have a McLaughlin, Jennings, Ruddock or players at that level when say SOB or Heaslip was unavailable.
Munster have Copeland, O'Donoghue, O'Donnell to cover Stander or POM.
We have had Diack for 200+ games.
As I said before where else would he have had even a portion of those appearances but here?

Are you rating Copeland above Diack?

He is the Munster equivalent of a Dave.

For the record, I rate Diack above Dave status. His injury profile is too good. In his long career here, perhaps his greatest asset has been availability.

Unequivocally yes that's exactly what I'm saying.
Copeland from memory got 3 moms in about as many weeks for Munster fairly recently.
Did Diack ever get one in 200 appearances?
Their Daves are better than our Daves.
They win things we don't
They are regularly in the mix for trophies whilst we don't even get to the knockouts anymore.


I can't back it up, but I think he got MotM awards, away back when we did compete.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
User avatar
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 17149
Images: 3
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:12 am
Location: On a roll.

Re: Robbie Diack

Postby Liz Fraser » Wed May 09, 2018 5:54 pm

No I put in Robbie Diack man of the match as a search and nothing.
Certainly can't remember much in the way of highlights.
Think he scored from a crossfield kick once and may have put someone in for a score with nice hands another time
.
Anything else stand out for anyone in 205 appearances?
User avatar
Liz Fraser
Squire
 
Posts: 637
Joined: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:52 pm

Re: Robbie Diack

Postby Snipe Watson » Wed May 09, 2018 6:00 pm

BR wrote:
Liz Fraser wrote:
BR wrote:
Liz Fraser wrote:Or indeed on international duty.
Leinster would have a McLaughlin, Jennings, Ruddock or players at that level when say SOB or Heaslip was unavailable.
Munster have Copeland, O'Donoghue, O'Donnell to cover Stander or POM.
We have had Diack for 200+ games.
As I said before where else would he have had even a portion of those appearances but here?

Are you rating Copeland above Diack?

He is the Munster equivalent of a Dave.

For the record, I rate Diack above Dave status. His injury profile is too good. In his long career here, perhaps his greatest asset has been availability.

Unequivocally yes that's exactly what I'm saying.
Copeland from memory got 3 moms in about as many weeks for Munster fairly recently.
Did Diack ever get one in 200 appearances?
Their Daves are better than our Daves.
They win things we don't
They are regularly in the mix for trophies whilst we don't even get to the knockouts anymore.


I can't back it up, but I think he got MotM awards, away back when we did compete.

I recall James McKinney getting a MOTM award and iHumph got several.
Just leaving that out there.
#NotMyCountry
User avatar
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 22826
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:42 pm

Re: Robbie Diack

Postby big mervyn » Wed May 09, 2018 6:43 pm

Diack was MOTM in 26-16 win at home to Scarlets in Nov 2008 and in 13-6 win at home to Zebre in Dec 2013.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
User avatar
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 10418
Images: 8
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 2:22 pm
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: Robbie Diack

Postby Russ » Wed May 09, 2018 7:14 pm

Hero

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
User avatar
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 28138
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: Looking for George North's defence

Re: Robbie Diack

Postby Liz Fraser » Wed May 09, 2018 7:37 pm

big mervyn wrote:Diack was MOTM in 26-16 win at home to Scarlets in Nov 2008 and in 13-6 win at home to Zebre in Dec 2013.

Goes with his most improved player runner up award at Western stormers u13s.
That's one mom award for every 102.5 Ulster appearances.

Phenomenal effort by the way mervyn.
Cables would be proud.
User avatar
Liz Fraser
Squire
 
Posts: 637
Joined: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:52 pm

Re: Robbie Diack

Postby big mervyn » Wed May 09, 2018 7:42 pm

Liz Fraser wrote:
big mervyn wrote:Diack was MOTM in 26-16 win at home to Scarlets in Nov 2008 and in 13-6 win at home to Zebre in Dec 2013.

Goes with his most improved player runner up award at Western stormers u13s.
That's one mom award for every 102.5 Ulster appearances.

Phenomenal effort by the way mervyn.
Cables would be proud.

It's not definitive Liz. There may be others, but then again, probably not!
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
User avatar
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 10418
Images: 8
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 2:22 pm
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: Robbie Diack

Postby Cockatrice » Wed May 09, 2018 7:44 pm

How many appearances at the URSC tent?
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
User avatar
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 7854
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 11:06 am

Re: Robbie Diack

Postby scrum5 » Wed May 09, 2018 8:02 pm

Treaders 43 appearances 5 points scored
Rory 208 appearances 115 points scored
Callum Black 144 appearances 5 points scored
Hendo 90 appearances 40 points scored
Chad 182 appearances 55 points scored
Herring 143 appearances 30 points scored
Small P 206 appearances 122 points scored
Sean Reidy 79 appearances 65 points scored
Clive Ross 61 appearances 10 points scored
Robbie Diack 205 appearances 90 points scored

:stir:
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
User avatar
scrum5
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 6069
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:42 pm

Re: Robbie Diack

Postby Cockatrice » Wed May 09, 2018 8:08 pm

scrum5 wrote:Treaders 43 appearances 5 points scored
Rory 208 appearances 115 points scored
Callum Black 144 appearances 5 points scored
Hendo 90 appearances 40 points scored
Chad 182 appearances 55 points scored
Herring 143 appearances 30 points scored
Small P 206 appearances 122 points scored
Sean Reidy 79 appearances 65 points scored
Clive Ross 61 appearances 10 points scored
Robbie Diack 205 appearances 90 points scored

:stir:


Scrum..... You missed the Hond surely he has put a few in...
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
User avatar
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 7854
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 11:06 am

Re: Robbie Diack

Postby BaggyTrousers » Wed May 09, 2018 8:14 pm

Snipe Watson wrote:There's a lot of horse biscuits being offered up as hobnobs here. Robbie has been a good team player, not international class, but solid. He has been defensively excellent, OK he made a lot of soak tackles, but he still made them and he was good in both set piece. He was OK at the breakdown and seemed to be effective enough in the maul. His carrying into contact was indeed pants, but that's the only aspect of his game that was really below the standard required.


I've always said it Snipe, you are a most generous soul. A very kind assessment, if a guy who like p is nowhere near legendary status of those with far fewer caps.

That apart I just can't get past his non-try in our home final at the RDS. Could have won that game after a gift 7 point start to Mexico and Lacey at his most "Ulster shall not win".

By the way Scrumptious, Darren Cave 209 224 points and dozens of assists.

That Sean Reidy eh? No Dave him, great try per game ratio for his position, just like Cave.
Support the team and coaching staff. Forget the rest,BUT NEVER MOVE ON.

FIRFU - FU'CK YOU ONE AND ALL, CAVING IN TO SPONSORS, SACKING THE INNOCENT FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE, SHAMEFUL BASTA'RDS. YOU'VE LOST MY SUPPORT & I HOPE MORE ULSTERMEN & WOMEN
User avatar
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 29720
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:29 pm
Location: España

Re: Robbie Diack

Postby scrum5 » Wed May 09, 2018 8:15 pm

Cockatrice wrote:
scrum5 wrote:Treaders 43 appearances 5 points scored
Rory 208 appearances 115 points scored
Callum Black 144 appearances 5 points scored
Hendo 90 appearances 40 points scored
Chad 182 appearances 55 points scored
Herring 143 appearances 30 points scored
Small P 206 appearances 122 points scored
Sean Reidy 79 appearances 65 points scored
Clive Ross 61 appearances 10 points scored
Robbie Diack 205 appearances 90 points scored

:stir:


Scrum..... You missed the Hond surely he has put a few in...


WHO?????
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
User avatar
scrum5
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 6069
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:42 pm

PreviousNext


  • Advertisement

Return to View frae thae Hill

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AhrefsBot, Majestic-12 [Bot] and 17 guests

Recent Forum Topics

!-- Piwik -->