Robbie Diack

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Robbie Diack

Post by Dave »

Liz Fraser wrote:
rumncoke wrote:Diack was underrated by many because he failed to conform to their expectation of a back row forward and was to light to be considered a second row .

Which is what actually defined him .Fat nick could carry a ball 10 15 yards but couldn’t run 50 . Diack was the complete opposite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Complete opposite in the way he carried the ball 10 15 yards in the opposite direction..
RDS final summed him up with that moment which ranks as the worst I've ever seen on a rugby pitch.
Doh!
+1
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Liz Fraser
Squire

Post by Liz Fraser »

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&sourc ... LnC10mWbzv
Just watch it if you need reminding why we win feck all
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Liz Fraser wrote:https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&sourc ... LnC10mWbzv
Just watch it if you need reminding why we win feck all
We won a lineout. Worked a set move. Offloaded the ball. Our ten breaking tackles. Recycled quick ball. Lovely pass outwide.

That was some team.
Liz Fraser
Squire

Post by Liz Fraser »

It was but summed up in a nutshell by Diack's failure to seal the deal.
The fact that Diack was preferred to Hendy at the time meant we got what we deserved.
GLENN CORNICK
Squire

Post by GLENN CORNICK »

Dave wrote:Image

Zuckerberg and Facebook cares; as long as you fit the "correct" profile for being a victim of mean comments.
Beware PC Filth of the Thought Police.
Liz Fraser
Squire

Post by Liz Fraser »

Yes those types are starting to feck me off
Amiga500
Warrior Chief

Post by Amiga500 »

Shan wrote:
pwrmoore wrote: Bryn Cunningham, Ulster's Operations Director, paid tribute to Diack's service to the squad:

"Since the moment he arrived, Robbie embraced everything that the Province stands for. He quickly established himself as an important member of the Ulster squad, and to have played so many games for the Province is testament to his quality, consistency and versatility.
I suspect Cunningham actually believes this utter nonsense and consequently is a significant part of the problem with Ulster Rugby.

Diack was, at best, a poor to below average player. To have played so many games is testament to the shocking level of quality in the Ulster pack over the last 10 years. Any Ulsterfan who disagrees with this has absolutely no interest in seeing success for their team.
Absolutely... although maybe Cunningham doesn't realise two wrongs may make a right in this case...

Corrected version:

"Since the moment he arrived, Robbie embraced everything that the Province stands for - mediocrity. He quickly established himself as yet another average member of the Ulster squad, doing nothing to stand out from his unremarkable peers. To have played so many games for the Province is testament to our lack of quality, consistency and depth.

But, all that said - its not really his fault the powers that be didn't cut him adrift years ago - the man probably couldn't believe his luck. Anyone who has talked to the guy says he's a gentleman, so it'd be poor form for me not to wish him well. All the best in retirement Robbie, hope you have health and happiness. Just please don't try to ever make a comeback here.
twiglet
Initiate

Post by twiglet »

At present I think Diack is playing better than Treadwell - although that wouldn't be too difficult.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

twiglet wrote:At present I think Diack is playing better than Treadwell - although that wouldn't be too difficult.
At just 22 Treadwell has the potential to surpass Diack, I know which one I would be letting go and which one I would be investing further time in.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Blackskulllad
Novice

Post by Blackskulllad »

If Robbie had been the worst player in the team we would have done a lot better. Easy to forget he impressed at a stage as did luke and Paul Marshall.

We seem to have very short memories.

Fat Nick started well then got figured out but kept trying hard, Payne played when it suited him, John afoa earner a few quid of his wages. They all had more talent than Diack not many out the same effort in.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Yeh hes got more coffee shops than most in the team..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Seagull
Novice

Post by Seagull »

Getting really drunk off with you so called supporters.
Robbie came here and bought 100% into the shirt.
Perhaps his 100% was not fully up to your expectations, but that is no reason to slate or worse, mock the guy.
I for one salute you Robbie, thanks for your unstinting efforts when called upon.
SUFTUM Robbie Diack
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Get behind the team
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Robbie wasn't the worst and like vdm was a consistent if underwhelming performer. Like many of the extended squad, he was capable of fitting in when we were only a man or 3 down, but wasn't up to taking the lead when missing 6-7 frontliners.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
caledoniancelt
Initiate

Post by caledoniancelt »

Stand up for the coffeeshop man!!

SUFTCM!!!!

BELIEVE!!!
FOSL.