Robbie Diack

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Robbie Diack

Post by pwrmoore »

Just now from the ulster branch
Ulster Rugby back-row forward Robbie Diack has announced his intention to return to South Africa at the end of the current season.

After leaving his homeland in 2008, at the age of 22, Robbie made his Ulster debut in September that year against Scarlets.

In October 2017, he became the first person born outside of Ulster to make 200 appearances for the Province, and he is currently the sixth most-capped player with 205 caps to his name.

He also earned two full international caps for Ireland, his adopted country, in 2014.

Now, a decade since his arrival in Belfast, Diack has decided that the time is right to return home:

"When I first came to Ulster in 2008 I had signed a three-year contract and I never imagined that 10 years down the line I'd still be here. Of course I'm very sad to be leaving Ulster, but we feel the time has now come for my family and me to return to South Africa to be closer to family and friends.

"It has been a huge honour for me to play for Ulster and to have earned over 200 caps is something that my family and I are all very proud of. I've realised what it means to play for Ulster and I've witnessed the pride and passion of our fans on a weekly basis.

"I'll be forever grateful for the opportunities that I've had and the memories that I've made here, and I'm thankful to the people who have supported me along the way."

"While we have quite a few things to keep us occupied in South Africa, I feel that I still have a lot to offer as a professional rugby player. I will be assessing several options on and off the rugby field over the forthcoming months."

Bryn Cunningham, Ulster's Operations Director, paid tribute to Diack's service to the squad:

"Since the moment he arrived, Robbie embraced everything that the Province stands for. He quickly established himself as an important member of the Ulster squad, and to have played so many games for the Province is testament to his quality, consistency and versatility.

"Robbie has been an outstanding servant to Ulster Rugby and will be missed by staff, players and fans alike. He has been an absolute pleasure to work alongside and we wish him, Kirsty and Fletcher well on their return to South Africa."
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Robbie Diack

Post by Dave »

And so it begins.....

The exodus.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

What about the coffee, wine and chopping boards?
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

ColinM wrote:What about the coffee, wine and chopping boards?
No we're renewing their contracts. They may be some use to us.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

Good luck to him in future.

A clear out, if that's what is happening, is long overdue. I just hope that for every out there is an in that is a step up, whether that's an academy player moving up or an outsider. But not a mexican, please no more mexicans.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

Good luck to him, don't think he has played that much this year.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Bye Robbie

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Best of luck to him, I wish him well ....

But I could never understand how someone who physically looked so much like Fez could be so unFez like on a pitch.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Russ wrote:Bye Robbie

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
https://youtu.be/GEUfmZcScoE

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Robbie has sadly been a bit of a disappointment. All the physical and technical attributes required to excell, but lacked the necessary bloody-mindedness.
Great bloke off the field though.

Bryn wasn't joking when he said about a clear out of deadwood.
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Seriously though .... Daves going everywhere ... it's like a Dave rapture ... how the hell can Col. Gadaffiduck still be in his counting house?

If this is to be a proper surgical strike thon wombat has to be clearing his desk as well.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Cornerfleg wrote:Seriously though .... Daves going everywhere ... it's like a Dave rapture ... how the hell can Col. Gadaffiduck still be in his counting house?

If this is to be a proper surgical strike thon wombat has to be clearing his desk as well.
He has probably disguised himself as the desk and that is why he was not chucked out with his stuff
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Cracker
Squire

Post by Cracker »

Robbie is a really nice man and played some excellent games for Ulster. Frankly having met him I am appalled at the numerous sarcastic and unfunny comments made about him on this forum from time to time. Totally unnecessary and completely unfair. They certainly wouldn't have encouraged him to stay in Ulster in any capacity.
My friends and I wish you and all your family all the best for the future Robbie and thank you for all your contributions to Ulster rugby and otherwise during your stay here.
Mid-Terrace
Novice

Post by Mid-Terrace »

+1 Cracker, the same people who made those comments will also be along soon to laud him...

...Good Luck Robbie.
Mine's a pint!
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

I have my own tv channel, what have you got?