Dear Bryn

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Kanbei
Novice

Re: Dear Bryn

Post by Kanbei »

We all need to give Bryn a chance, he has been in the head honcho job for about 4 months and has had to deal with the mess of the performances on the pitch, hiring a new coach and the Jackson/Olding debacle. His job is about ensuring that the long term future of Ulster is bright, the head coach's job is to ensure everything is right in the short term. We won't be able to judge Bryn's true performance for a few years. Everything he has done so far I feel is to the positive of Ulster, especially giving the Academy players a real chance in the team.
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Kanbei wrote:We all need to give Bryn a chance, he has been in the head honcho job for about 4 months and has had to deal with the mess of the performances on the pitch, hiring a new coach and the Jackson/Olding debacle. His job is about ensuring that the long term future of Ulster is bright, the head coach's job is to ensure everything is right in the short term. We won't be able to judge Bryn's true performance for a few years. Everything he has done so far I feel is to the positive of Ulster, especially giving the Academy players a real chance in the team.
From a press release 4 years ago....

"He'll now will be responsible for recruiting and retaining players, identifying talent and managing contract negotiations, and will also oversee the professional services around the senior squad and the management of team operations on match-nights."

So now Nigel does the match nights and the non existent Head Coach reports to him instead.

There has been no conclusion to the 'review' so how do we know what is role is going to be?

There is nothing premature in debating Bryn's impact

Sent from my Swift 2 Plus using Tapatalk
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

ColinM wrote:
Kanbei wrote:We all need to give Bryn a chance, he has been in the head honcho job for about 4 months and has had to deal with the mess of the performances on the pitch, hiring a new coach and the Jackson/Olding debacle. His job is about ensuring that the long term future of Ulster is bright, the head coach's job is to ensure everything is right in the short term. We won't be able to judge Bryn's true performance for a few years. Everything he has done so far I feel is to the positive of Ulster, especially giving the Academy players a real chance in the team.
From a press release 4 years ago....

"He'll now will be responsible for recruiting and retaining players, identifying talent and managing contract negotiations, and will also oversee the professional services around the senior squad and the management of team operations on match-nights."

So now Nigel does the match nights and the non existent Head Coach reports to him instead.

There has been no conclusion to the 'review' so how do we know what is role is going to be?

There is nothing premature in debating Bryn's impact

He was never match day manager on team night, that was Millar then Brady,
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Snipe Watson wrote:
kingofthehill wrote:Can somebody tell me what positive things Bryn has brought to Ulster since he started his new job?

I’m really struggling to think of any successes.

Help me out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bryn is fast approaching the end of his rope. He's a good guy, very personable, but Les Kiss was a nice guy to and Joe Barakat too.
Nice doesn't seem to be getting the job done. As for the make Bryn the CEO lobby, it's a no from me.
Dear Heart,

There is a major difference between talking of a CEO -Pro Rugby and CEO - UR. I have seldom seen an organisation more in need of its main public-facing branch (don't you love business jargon >threaten ) being ringfenced and full responsibility given and carried by those in charge of it. CEO, DOR or whatever label you chose.

The professional game absolutely needs people not only free from meddling by rank amateurs, but also for accountability to be clear and without fuzzy lines and to be free of the current facilitating of back covering. I'm in the Bryn lobby, I don't feel the need to justify it, I'll simply say I know of no other local candidate.

All that said, I suspect the early onset of dementia if you would lobby for the existing wab ahead of almost any other candidate, frankly, I'd have May McFetridge before the Liar Slogan. Gerry Adams even, one may not like him but boys oh could he organise an organisation. :terror:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
rocky
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rocky »

And without even being a member?????
Bo***cks to Brexit
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

We're onto something here. Just need a name change to Rugby Ulster.

Up the RU
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

ColinM wrote:We're onto something here. Just need a name change to IRISH Rugby, Ulster.

Up the IRU
Fixed
Snipe Watson wrote:
BR wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
BR wrote:To be fair, we always hear about lack of transparency at UR. Is it any different at any other team?
Probably not, but we don't care about it elsewhere and if we weren't such a shambles it wouldn't be such an issue.
So what you're saying is that we can't see the lack of transparency at other teams?
I think so, but can't confirm because of the lack of transparency.
Clearly! :roll:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
ColinM wrote:We're onto something here. Just need a name change to IRISH Rugby, Ulster.

Up the IRU
Fixed
Snipe Watson wrote:
BR wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
BR wrote:To be fair, we always hear about lack of transparency at UR. Is it any different at any other team?
Probably not, but we don't care about it elsewhere and if we weren't such a shambles it wouldn't be such an issue.
So what you're saying is that we can't see the lack of transparency at other teams?
Puts thing in perspexive.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

To be fair 'Ulster' should be spelt 'Alster' anyway
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:

Up the IRU
Fixed
Snipe Watson wrote:
BR wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

He's been there for 4 years so whatever your view it is certainly not one of giving him a chance as that for me is enough time to base an assessment of anyones performance on..

I would only have a slight concern if his business interest with another ex player who previously owned a well known sports agency hadn't been declared to UR in case it should represent a potential conflict of interest.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Maybe

Irish Rugby Association is closer to the truth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Cockatrice wrote:He's been there for 4 years so whatever your view it is certainly not one of giving him a chance as that for me is enough time to base an assessment of anyones performance on..
Difference as I see it is that for most of the preceding time he has been responsible for negotiating contracts with players chosen by head coach etc, not of his own choosing. Now he will be heavily involved in choosing which players we sign, so he takes the credit/blame when things work out/ fall flat.
Cockatrice wrote:I would only have a slight concern if his business interest with another ex player who previously owned a well known sports agency hadn't been declared to UR in case it should represent a potential conflict of interest.
Of no concern to me whatsoever. The fact that he was involved in that side of things can only be a (slight) positive from my perspexitive. (sic)
I'm not arguing -
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

rumncoke wrote:Maybe

Irish Rugby Association is closer to the truth
Do you really expect people to believe that "Irish Rugby" (with or without association) and "truth" can appear in the same sentence? :shock:

Now if you had put a qualifier in there - Irish Rugby and "strangers to" the truth - for example, you may have got away with it! :thumleft:
I'm not arguing -
Polly Cotton
Novice

Post by Polly Cotton »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:He's been there for 4 years so whatever your view it is certainly not one of giving him a chance as that for me is enough time to base an assessment of anyones performance on..
Difference as I see it is that for most of the preceding time he has been responsible for negotiating contracts with players chosen by head coach etc, not of his own choosing. Now he will be heavily involved in choosing which players we sign, so he takes the credit/blame when things work out/ fall flat.
Cockatrice wrote:I would only have a slight concern if his business interest with another ex player who previously owned a well known sports agency hadn't been declared to UR in case it should represent a potential conflict of interest.
Of no concern to me whatsoever. The fact that he was involved in that side of things can only be a (slight) positive from my perspexitive. (sic)
Sorry just trying to get this right ,so suppose a person who looks after the contracts of a business and deals with an outside agency to fulfil work force both have a totally separate business interest were both parties have to invest money into pay charges etc

So if the outside agency has no income or reduced income it would affect both parties.financially ! So there is no conflict ? .
Last edited by Polly Cotton on Fri May 18, 2018 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You may know my sister, Dot
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

:scratch:
I'm not arguing -