Trimble Retires

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Hans Indaruck
Squire

Re: Trimble Retires

Post by Hans Indaruck »

A true gentleman off the pitch but a fierce competitor on it - Ulster through and through. He had the rare ability to channel any feelings he had about the (all too often) harsh treatment from D4 (or more recently UR) into his game on the pitch and proved his doubters wrong all too often.
We should name the corner at the Church after Andrew in honour of the many, many times he squeezed in there to score (often a match winner or at least a face saver!).
Always had time for the supporters with a quick wit, engaging smile and more to the point a genuine interest!
He will be sorely missed.

Thank you Andrew Trimble - enjoy your retirement - you've earned it!
Last edited by Hans Indaruck on Fri May 04, 2018 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hope is not a strategy.
ding dong2u
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by ding dong2u »

One of Ulster rugby's all time greats ....... sorry to hear he has decided to retire but maybe he's as drunk off with the regime as we are :red: :salut: :red:
Stand Up for the Ulster Men

RIP Nevin Spence 1990 - 2012
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

The genuine article in every sense of the word.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Snipe Watson wrote:The genuine article in every sense of the word.
Definite!
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Feel genuinely sad

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

So very sad to see this news today, Trimby was one of my all time faves .

He owes Ulster nothing and it was a joy to witness the whole of his career in white (and green).

His announcement came on the day that the great Johann Muller played his last game for us 4 years ago. Supporting Ulster was fun then.

Too many big names in one year.
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Two greats there WW
DWFinn
Novice

Post by DWFinn »

I remember he togged our for an Ulster XV against Ireland U-21s whilst still at school - 2003 at the opening of new pitches at Enniskillen RFC. That’s one long, successful and legendary Ulster career. Speaking of which, I’m pretty sure Rory Best featured for the U-21 side.

All the best in retirement Andrew.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

A player I always liked and rated highly. A fierce man, in the best way, on the pitch and a player who'd never let you down. I was delighted when he got his success with Ireland as you could see it meant so much to him and he didn't always get fair treatment over the years. Often times he was the standard bearer for Ulster and he turned games around sometimes in the way only the very good players can do. He was without question a guy you could say bleeds Ulster.

All the best to him in his retirement.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

GLU!

Obviously Baggy is mid move but he’s not wrong on this statement.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Firstly, he was an ulster legend and absolutely bled ulster. Total respect how after the initial blazing start, he came back after some setbacks and worked really hard at his game. Things like his chase of the high ball improved immeasurably in recent years. Some great performances in green, particularly against the AB’s a couple of times and key in the championship win in 2014. Best ulster performance for me was at home to the Tigers in 2012.

I’ve seen lots on here about him being disgracefully treated this season, but i must say his performances this season have not been great. It is not just Kiss, but Gibbes who has also felt that there have been better options. We seem to have a habit of giving players contracts which turn out to be beyond their useful life - Wilson and Bowe were well past it in the their final year and I would have doubts about Trimble.

With a new coach, if he thought he was still good enough then he would have carried on, but clearly he doesn’t. Much though i i can blame Ulster for lots of things, i am not sure they deserve it for this. Timing was Trimble’s so no send off is his own decision.
TinPig
Squire

Post by TinPig »

Peel doesn’t rate him and that’s that. I don’t know if he wasn’t hitting the right numbers in training or the details but no mission of getting a game while Peels the backs coach.
Cave was tagged with the same marker but managed to get a start because of injury to Others and because of the defensive effort he put in (and the disgruntled fans baying for Logan blood) got a one year extension. Trimby never got the chance so what else can he do. Sick of it from what I hear.
I don’t know if anyone picked it up on BBC coverage of the Munster game when Winker spoke about a “split in the camp” Ferris said “there is a split in the camp but not amongst the players”

A true Ulster Legend, gave everything for the jersey.
I’m feeling Perky this morning. :pig:
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

UR have been told to make better use of their money and to favour the young players where they are available. So the 30+ players are being sidelined as soon as they start to show a decline in form. I think it's long game constructive dismissal.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

DWFinn wrote:I remember he togged our for an Ulster XV against Ireland U-21s whilst still at school - 2003 at the opening of new pitches at Enniskillen RFC. That’s one long, successful and legendary Ulster career. Speaking of which, I’m pretty sure Rory Best featured for the U-21 side.

All the best in retirement Andrew.
Rory would have been at that time
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

A great player for Ulster and Ireland in his prime. Andy would run through a brick wall for the team. If the squad were all like him we would not be the current shambles that we are. He deserved a proper send off and it's sad he didn't get it, but he remained all class to the end. All the best to him.