Dan McFarland

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Dan McFarland

Post by Snipe Watson »

Cockatrice wrote:Pretty sure it won't end up like the last time we tried to sign someone from the SRU whilst he too was under contract across the water... but then again we ended up with a bums on seat signing making him the highest paid player in the Pro12/14 and who is leaving us for a bigger pay day elsewhere..
Have UR not reported that he is signed up with the timing of his arrival the only outstanding issue?
It's just the penurious SRU doing what they always do. Sniffing around looking for money like a boar on a truffle hunt.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Dan McFarland had an arm
Ei Aye Ei Aye Oh

And on that arm he had a fist
Ei Aye Ei Aye Oh
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Liz Fraser
Squire

Post by Liz Fraser »

Are we the only club that seems to make signing someone appear like rocket science?
No other side seems to have this problem.
Are you available and do you want to sign for us?
Yes and yes please.
Start Monday?
Yes thanks.

Us
Hello Dave please can you come to Ulster
Ah yes would do but I've got this thing going on.
Oh well not to worry Dave you just let us know whenever but meanwhile we'll announce you will be with us at some point in the future and I'm sure it will all sort itself out.
Oh that would be dandy.
Smashing Dave yull de rightly.

Edit-I was just thinking does Papa Lazarou from League of Gentlemen do our recruitment?
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Liz Fraser wrote:Are we the only club that seems to make signing someone appear like rocket science?
No other side seems to have this problem.
Are you available and do you want to sign for us?
Yes and yes please.
Start Monday?
Yes thanks.

Us
Hello Dave please can you come to Ulster
Ah yes would do but I've got this thing going on.
Oh well not to worry Dave you just let us know whenever but meanwhile we'll announce you will be with us at some point in the future and I'm sure it will all sort itself out.
Oh that would be dandy.
Smashing Dave yull de rightly.

Edit-I was just thinking does Papa Lazarou from League of Gentlemen do our recruitment?
Remember Bryn said that our new coach was signed, but it would take a few weeks to straighten out the details, but the name was leaked within hours?
Welcome to the few weeks Bryn was referring to; which have now been made more complicated buy the fact that some gobby Mexican leaked it.
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

Payne confirmed as a coach (not sure its defence).

Great to see our new head coach getting a say.

Insanity Is Doing the Same Thing Over and Over Again and Expecting Different Results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The King is dead. Long live the King.
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

kingofthehill wrote:Payne confirmed as a coach (not sure its defence).

Insanity Is Doing the Same Thing Over and Over Again and Expecting Different Results.

Jared's retirement announcement imminent then?
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

Would like to think so.

Reckon it could be a busy week for Finlay.

damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

We missed so much of Jared. Feck the Lions.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

kingofthehill wrote:Would like to think so.

It was announced weeks ago , just not made public as he does not know to stay or not
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Wee Woman wrote:

Jared's retirement announcement imminent then?
Gone.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

Kofi Annan wrote:
kingofthehill wrote:Would like to think so.

It was announced weeks ago , just not made public as he does not know to stay or not
Yeh,must have officially accepted from what I heard today.

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:Pretty sure it won't end up like the last time we tried to sign someone from the SRU whilst he too was under contract across the water... but then again we ended up with a bums on seat signing making him the highest paid player in the Pro12/14 and who is leaving us for a bigger pay day elsewhere..
Have UR not reported that he is signed up with the timing of his arrival the only outstanding issue?
It's just the penurious SRU doing what they always do. Sniffing around looking for money like a boar on a truffle hunt.
Nice Snipe, though for preference, I think parsimonious rolls better off the tongue. Each to their own. >EW
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Wouldn't it be great if Dan asked for Girrid as backs coach & for Slogan to pack Peel away in one of his black begs when he's leaving?

As for "Insanity Is Doing the Same Thing Over and Over Again and Expecting Different Results" this is very often misattributed to Einstein, just saying in case some poster makes a fool of themselves by saying, "As Einstein said ....."

Yis are helped so yis are. >EW
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
breakdown
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by breakdown »

BaggyTrousers wrote:

Wouldn't it be great if Dan asked for Girrid as backs coach & for Slogan to pack Peel away in one of his black begs when he's leaving?

As for "Insanity Is Doing the Same Thing Over and Over Again and Expecting Different Results" this is very often misattributed to Einstein, just saying in case some poster makes a fool of themselves by saying, "As Einstein said ....."

Yis are helped so yis are. >EW
Personally think Payne has the makings of a good coach

He’s clearly very intelligent rugby wise, and there is a vast difference in “jobs for the boys” for someone like Payne, Ruan etc compared to Doak and Clarke who only have a handful of Irish caps and a european cup to their name. But time will tell
Chris Henry is superhuman... I think he's half cyborg
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Doak was the one who coached Paddy he knew the game from a 9 and 10 point of view and the importance of field position but never had the forwards to make the hard yards . Thus the need to kick but the success of the kicking game depends on your scrum half to deliver get it wrong and all you do is kick away possession .

Munster kick a lot but Murray seldom over kicks most are contestable or into touch .

To day Ulster seldom let the Os get into the 22 .

Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist