Dan McFarland

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Re: Dan McFarland

Post by Cockatrice »

stickinout wrote:
Bart S wrote:Was it Brun who came out with the line about being pleased that it was no-one the press had mentioned before? I thnk his handling of it was asking for trouble, although then again, it may have been done to try to reassure and appease fans. Some may buy a ST knowing that a good coach is on the way compared to saying nothing.

Whether the leak or discovery would have come out at the same time who knows, but Bryn”$ PR piece does appear to have precipitated this.

The other unknown is McFarland’s reaction to the leak, given he was the one who would have wanted it kept quiet...which we managed for about 24 hours. May be an early insight for him into how UR operates...
Yeah, you're probably right. A stoney "No comment" would have been preferable but in these touchy feely modern days, that doesn' t do it.

The leak allegedly, came from some clown in D4.

i'm sure McF was left in a bad situation but that would've been the last thing Bryn wanted. Call me paranoid, but Slogan's statement that he had nothing to do with the decision, suggests Bryn was given enough rope to hang himself. I wouldn't put it past that toe rag Slogan to have rung some accquaintance in D4, to tell him the news and maybe even ask him to leak it. Stranger things have happened.
Badly handled whether an amateurish attempt to try and appease supporters, bolster ticket sales or whatever I think it was ill advised to say anything and any perceived benefit was quickly binned when the press went to print. No doubt McFarland wanted it kept quiet and I can assume he hadn't even spoken to his employers by the time D4 went to print and told the SRU that they had lost their coach.

What amazes me is why so many think the Scots are being awkward over the IRFU going behind their backs when all they had to do was ask permission.. No doubt it will all be sorted but it would be just like us if the Scots called our bluff and didn't budge on compensation...
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

Cockatrice wrote:
stickinout wrote:
Bart S wrote:Was it Brun who came out with the line about being pleased that it was no-one the press had mentioned before? I thnk his handling of it was asking for trouble, although then again, it may have been done to try to reassure and appease fans. Some may buy a ST knowing that a good coach is on the way compared to saying nothing.

Whether the leak or discovery would have come out at the same time who knows, but Bryn”$ PR piece does appear to have precipitated this.

The other unknown is McFarland’s reaction to the leak, given he was the one who would have wanted it kept quiet...which we managed for about 24 hours. May be an early insight for him into how UR operates...
Yeah, you're probably right. A stoney "No comment" would have been preferable but in these touchy feely modern days, that doesn' t do it.

The leak allegedly, came from some clown in D4.

i'm sure McF was left in a bad situation but that would've been the last thing Bryn wanted. Call me paranoid, but Slogan's statement that he had nothing to do with the decision, suggests Bryn was given enough rope to hang himself. I wouldn't put it past that toe rag Slogan to have rung some accquaintance in D4, to tell him the news and maybe even ask him to leak it. Stranger things have happened.
Badly handled whether an amateurish attempt to try and appease supporters, bolster ticket sales or whatever I think it was ill advised to say anything and any perceived benefit was quickly binned when the press went to print. No doubt McFarland wanted it kept quiet and I can assume he hadn't even spoken to his employers by the time D4 went to print and told the SRU that they had lost their coach.

What amazes me is why so many think the Scots are being awkward over the IRFU going behind their backs when all they had to do was ask permission.. No doubt it will all be sorted but it would be just like us if the Scots called our bluff and didn't budge on compensation...
Aye, no doubt about it, badly handled and made McF look like a tw@t. Not a good way for UR to get started with their new coach. I wonder why the IRFU didn't ask permission? The FIRFU better get the cheque book out and sort it. It's unacceptable for us to be left again until January. an offer of 20 k should get the Scots in a lather. Money for nothing and they'll have their new man already in position, no doubt! Can't see how McF could stay there until Jan even if we don't pay up. The coaching relationship is compromised. Best thing IMO is to offer to pay up a bit but not let them take the pi55. They should take into account we trained and coached one of their internationals. Maybe they owe us?
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

stickinout wrote: Yeah, you're probably right. A stoney "No comment" would have been preferable but in these touchy feely modern days, that doesn' t do it.
I thought we wanted transparency?
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Rockrugger wrote:Bryn Cunningham quiz question: Name 3 good signings for Ulster Rugby Bryn Cunningham has personally negotiated?
You will struggle !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedrie
Johann
Ruan

Wait. He was on the other side for those

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Sparky?
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Rockrugger
Novice

Post by Rockrugger »

Russ wrote:
Rockrugger wrote:Bryn Cunningham quiz question: Name 3 good signings for Ulster Rugby Bryn Cunningham has personally negotiated?
You will struggle !

Pedrie
Johann
Ruan

sorry, wrong on all 3 which were negotiated and delivered by David Humpheries.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Rockrugger wrote:
Russ wrote:
You will struggle !

Pedrie
Johann
Ruan

Were they not cornerfleg/esportif?

stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

BR wrote:
stickinout wrote: Yeah, you're probably right. A stoney "No comment" would have been preferable but in these touchy feely modern days, that doesn' t do it.
Who are we? I can only talk for myself and i don't think i've mentioned transparency in any statement i've made. Personally, i'd go for the No comment during contract talks at all times. It's not the media's business until the deal is finalised IMO
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

stickinout wrote:
BR wrote:
Who are we? I can only talk for myself and i don't think i've mentioned transparency in any statement i've made. Personally, i'd go for the No comment during contract talks at all times. It's not the media's business until the deal is finalised IMO
I'd agree. The 'we' was the perceived majority of UAFC posters.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

BR wrote:
stickinout wrote:
BR wrote:
I'd agree. The 'we' was the perceived majority of UAFC posters.
Fair enough BR. Call me cynical, but the chances of getting transparency in any organisation is hogwash. You would still end up getting a sanitised version of things that suits the position of someone in power in the organisation IMHO.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Quins managed to prise Gustard out of the England set-up fairly easily, although the word is, as you’d imagine, that Eddie is not the nicest bloke to work for.
Amiga500
Warrior Chief

Post by Amiga500 »

BR wrote:I thought we wanted transparency?
Personally speaking, I want competence.

If talking about the goings on behind the scenes won't detrimentally affect things then sure; transparency is great.

But it is not exactly rocket science to grasp the idea that talking about individuals under contract to other organisations - even worse when said organisation may not have even been served notice by their employee - will almost certainly have a detrimental impact to any early release negotiations.

Utterly f**king stupid springs to mind. >flog
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

Amiga500 wrote:
BR wrote:I thought we wanted transparency?
Personally speaking, I want competence.

If talking about the goings on behind the scenes won't detrimentally affect things then sure; transparency is great.

But it is not exactly rocket science to grasp the idea that talking about individuals under contract to other organisations - even worse when said organisation may not have even been served notice by their employee - will almost certainly have a detrimental impact to any early release negotiations.

Utterly f**king stupid springs to mind. >flog
Sounds like too many people knew about it in D4. There was no need for anyone to know about it except Nucifuhrer.... i hope somebody down there rang McF and apologised for being useless tw@ts. I wonder if they even know who did it? Probably not.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

You can not make this brad pitt up Guess who is McFarlands Management Company, why not just call Ulster ESPORTIF. I mean this Is beyound a joke.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Russ wrote:
Rockrugger wrote:
Russ wrote:
You will struggle !

Pedrie
Johann
Ruan

Were they not cornerfleg/esportif?

Did Humph not sell his shares to someone else in Cornerfleg? Well baby sitting them,
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”