Dan McFarland

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Re: Dan McFarland

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Is it nine months notice or is it just a case that he is under contract for a further nine months?

I would think the latter.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

UlsterNo9 wrote:Is it nine months notice or is it just a case that he is under contract for a further nine months?

I would think the latter.
It has been reported as the former. His contract is until after the RWC.

Sent from my Swift 2 Plus using Tapatalk
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

BR wrote:It's all agreed, but Ulster Rugby are holding the news to be announced at the best time to push ST sales.

That sounds like you're very confident in the above? were you talking to a reliable sauce? Will he be here in August BR? That's the 64 million dollar question.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

stickinout wrote:
BR wrote:It's all agreed, but Ulster Rugby are holding the news to be announced at the best time to push ST sales.

That sounds like you're very confident in the above? were you talking to a reliable sauce? Will he be here in August BR? That's the 64 million dollar question.
Depends on ST sales. If they go well, they may not bring him in until the mid-September lull.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

BR wrote:
stickinout wrote:

Depends on ST sales. If they go well, they may not bring him in until the mid-September lull.
I don't get that BR. What's all agreed? the compo? Is it not a case of you pay the money, McF is released and he signs for UR?
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

BR wrote:
stickinout wrote:

Is this your contribution in making sh1t up?
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

stickinout wrote:
BR wrote:
stickinout wrote:

Is this your contribution in making sh1t up?
Only because UR hadn't thought of it. ;)
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

I reckon the Scots want the IRFU to pay the release fee for Wilson to Wasps plus pay McFarlands wages up to the end of next season or at least the 9 months, they may even possibly be wanting them paid for the remainder of his contract.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

I heard an Aviva side have approached McFarland and asked has he penned paper because now he is leaving Scotland they are interested in signing him...
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Cockatrice wrote:I heard an Aviva side have approached McFarland and asked has he penned paper because now he is leaving Scotland they are interested in signing him...
Shirely a contract with UR is water tight and legally binding? There is no way they would just release someone from their contract.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Dave wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:I heard an Aviva side have approached McFarland and asked has he penned paper because now he is leaving Scotland they are interested in signing him...
Shirely a contract with UR is water tight and legally binding? There is no way they would just release someone from their contract.

Yeah Xavier Rush and Jonno Gibbes told me that too :lol:

John Afoa said something similar but I couldn't make it out as he kept giggling as he was telling me.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Is McFarland a kiwi?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

ColinM wrote:
Dave wrote:

Yeah Xavier Rush and Jonno Gibbes told me that too Image

John Afoa said something similar but I couldn't make it out as he kept giggling as he was telling me.
I think it depends on the stock levels of the particular position or role that the individual performs.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

He’ll be here as soon as Little Wing start doing Battered 24inch Pizza.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Wouldn't be surprised if Wasps bought him out
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best