Dan McFarland

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Re: Dan McFarland

Post by Cockatrice »

will we get an easier group? will we still be getting a DoR? wasn't London Irish defence on top off its game at the weekend? where next for the clampit?
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

South Africa away if Logan leaves and I can lift the boycott

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

It seems that the Scots may have been more than a bit annoyed that UR/IRFU spoke to Dan and seemingly reached an agreement without their knowledge and/or consent...

This is supported by UR reporting of the appointment then along came a nice D4 journalist who has since put the cat amongst the pigeons... Can't imagine many of us would be too impressed if one of our coaches had spoken to another club and agreed terms to leave without the knowledge of UR/IRFU.

As long as we have a leader in charge we will be OK..
GUBU
Novice

Post by GUBU »

Cockatrice wrote:It seems that the Scots may have been more than a bit annoyed that UR/IRFU spoke to Dan and seemingly reached an agreement without their knowledge and/or consent...

This is supported by UR reporting of the appointment then along came a nice D4 journalist who has since put the cat amongst the pigeons... Can't imagine many of us would be too impressed if one of our coaches had spoken to another club and agreed terms to leave without the knowledge of UR/IRFU.

Did the interview panel abduct McFarland and interview him against his will, whilst tied to a chair?

Kidnapping is not generally considered effective as a recruitment process these days. McFarland was clearly interested in another job, and was successful in getting it. His contract with the SRU anticipates that he might do just this. He is required to give notice, and serve a notice period.

The SRU, being canny Scots, had the wit to make the notice period long enough to ensure that his early departure could be secured by the offer of a few quid by way of compensation.
“It was a bizarre happening, an unprecedented situation, a grotesque situation, an almost unbelievable mischance.”
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Neill_M wrote:
Rooster wrote:
Neill_M wrote:
big mervyn wrote:Just realised that the other 5 non Irish teams were all in A last year so presumably the fixtures will be reversed. :duh:
Will be H&A:

Leinster, Munster, Connacht, Edinburgh, Scarlets, Dragons, Treviso, Kings

Home only:

Zebre, Cardiff

Away only:

Glasgow, Ospreys, Cheetahs

Leinster and Munster may swop Conferences depending on their SF result.
Is it not just the table though Neill and it won't change with the knock out matches
It is based on the tables, so Leinster - 70 pts and Munster - 69 pts will swop.
This is a the ProXX - I would assume nothing until it is announced.

... and even then, I'd be wary.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

GUBU wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:It seems that the Scots may have been more than a bit annoyed that UR/IRFU spoke to Dan and seemingly reached an agreement without their knowledge and/or consent...

Did the interview panel abduct McFarland and interview him against his will, whilst tied to a chair?

Kidnapping is not generally considered effective as a recruitment process these days. McFarland was clearly interested in another job, and was successful in getting it. His contract with the SRU anticipates that he might do just this. He is required to give notice, and serve a notice period.

The SRU, being canny Scots, had the wit to make the notice period long enough to ensure that his early departure could be secured by the offer of a few quid by way of compensation.
Ignorance on my part I was unaware that it was OK to sound out and approach another coach without the courtesy of first approaching his employers and asking for permission... are you saying that the SRU was contacted in advance about the IRFU approaching their coach?

I have no doubt Dan the Man wasn't kidnapped and that he was a willing participant in the conversation/interview process and that he clearly liked what he heard to say YES.. The problem I was trying to highlight here was that UR were clearly willing to make no announcement on the matter to allow Dan to sort out his issues with the SRU only it seems for the D4 press to go to print before that was process completed.. In this case I think the press are to blame..
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

BR wrote:
Neill_M wrote:
Rooster wrote:
Neill_M wrote:
big mervyn wrote:Just realised that the other 5 non Irish teams were all in A last year so presumably the fixtures will be reversed. :duh:
Will be H&A:

Leinster, Munster, Connacht, Edinburgh, Scarlets, Dragons, Treviso, Kings

Home only:

Zebre, Cardiff

Away only:

Glasgow, Ospreys, Cheetahs

Leinster and Munster may swop Conferences depending on their SF result.
Is it not just the table though Neill and it won't change with the knock out matches
It is based on the tables, so Leinster - 70 pts and Munster - 69 pts will swop.
This is a the ProXX - I would assume nothing until it is announced.

Yes the Pro how many next season, just the Sharks joining it all the Saffer teams?

Well if D4 can play silly buggers leaking stuff...so can UAFC. :lol:

I assume there has been no announcement yet, I'm a tad out of touch.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
BR wrote: This is a the ProXX - I would assume nothing until it is announced.

Yes the Pro how many next season, just the Sharks joining it all the Saffer teams?

Well if D4 can play silly buggers leaking stuff...so can UAFC. Image

I assume there has been no announcement yet, I'm a tad out of touch.
In the papers last week I think Baggy. I understand you were busy.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

I see now there are rumours McFarland is not coming at all
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Andy Friend DoR. Peel head coach.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
nonplussed
Warrior Chief

Post by nonplussed »

Rooster wrote:I see now there are rumours McFarland is not coming at all

Hahaha.... really.... we’re a joke shop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Dave wrote:Andy Friend DoR. Peel head coach.
Surely not after Friend criticising Conferences
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Rooster wrote:
Dave wrote:Andy Friend DoR. Peel head coach.
Surely not after Friend criticising Conferences
When all parties are desperate many u-turns can take place.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Columbo
Squire

Post by Columbo »

Rooster wrote:I see now there are rumours McFarland is not coming at all
eh??

I’m pretty relaxed that he’ll be here late summer for our preseason - and generally believe that the criticisms on here, while usually having some substance, tend to be a bit exaggerated, but if this turned out to be true I’d be forced to reconsider....

What’s happening is a little bit of trade over the price of mcfarlands notice, nothing more?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
..one more thing
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Pretty sure it won't end up like the last time we tried to sign someone from the SRU whilst he too was under contract across the water... but then again we ended up with a bums on seat signing making him the highest paid player in the Pro12/14 and who is leaving us for a bigger pay day elsewhere..