Dan McFarland

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Dan McFarland

Post by BR »

Judas!
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Tender wrote:Sold out once he paid his lecky bill
FFFS Tender, tell me you weren't one of the pricks who booed Bobby in 1964 when he went lecky.

For the record, live albums are usually shyte, but in 1974 I took Before the Flood to a party in Dublin and nobody wanted anything else on the whole night. Well if they did they hadn't the balls to speak up, the two discs were on & off repeatedly, I also love The Band.

All in all, nearly as good as listening to Steely Dan.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

promenader 2 wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
Dave wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:I heard Easter left town.
Was he here for three days and then magically vanished? You will get crucified for saying that if it is not true.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

In a little hilltop village, they gambled for my clothes, I asked them for salvation an' she gave me a lethal dose. I offered up my innocence and I got repaid with scorn, "Come in," she said "I'll give ya shelter from the storm"

Suddenly I turned around and she was standing there, with silver bracelets on her wrists and flowers in her hair, she walked up to me so gracefully and took my crown of thorns, "Come in," she said "I'll give ya shelter from the storm"

Well, I'm living in a foreign country, but I'm bound to cross the line. Beauty walks a razor's edge someday I'll make it mine. If I could only turn back the clock to when God and her were born "Come in," she said "I'll give ya shelter from the storm"

(Borrowed from R Zimmerman, precis by B Trousers aka The Jesus of Suburbia, so far uncrucified.)
Love it :thumleft: . He's fond of a biblical allusion is Mr Z:

Now, I've heard of a guy who lived a long time ago
A man full of sorrow and strife
Whenever someone around him died and was dead
He knew how to bring 'em on back to life
Well, I don't know what kind of language he used
Or if they do that kind of thing anymore
Sometimes I think nobody ever saw me here at all
Except the girl from the Red River shore
Yip, and here I sit, a stranger in a strange land.

Like me, Bobby is an old romantic, though sometimes he fights it. "Me too".

I came in from the East with the sun in my eyes, cursed her one time, then I rode on ahead.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Ahhh ..... Memories of happy times. :thumleft:

We'll never forget you, Bill Dylan.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Yes Baggy, I sit here in my hemp shirt strumming Woodie Guthrie songs on my antique Martin...

You should know better. Bob could write a better song, bouncing on a trampoline with a two inch paintbrush, inside an moving elevator, blindfold with a brush shaft stuck up his hole, than most so called songwriters .
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Yes indeed Tender, but you see I love the "Aren't I an intelligent boy" lyrics of Becker & Fagen, and yes, they are clever boys, or in poor Walter's case, was clever. Both gave up teaching to become extraordinarily wealthy whilst doing something they loved. Indeed they were so clever that they rarely bothered with the inconvenience of leaving home to play live, hawking themselves round the world for a few dollars more, content simply to be filthy rich on their own terms, no need for public adulation.

Yip, Steely Dan is so hard to beat............. ask Rocky. :lol: :lol: :lol:
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:Ahhh ..... Memories of happy times. :thumleft:

No need to forget Bobby, unlike most of the old ballixes who hawk themselves around living on songs written40 or 50 years ago ........... not that there is anything wrong with Honky Tonk Weemin, still the second best intro ever ............. but he is still working still writing new material......... and above all he isn't dead, though watch this space, it wouldn't be the first time I've been the kiss of death.

I like a proper musician who continues to write and not churn out the hits of long ago, that's why I still respect Morrison despite him being an ould whore.

Anyway, Dan to be here for the start of the season.............whistling Dylan songs and that Chris Rea song, Dancing down the Cregagh Road, though he has allegedly danced in Dundonald too. :roll:
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

The less stupid amongst you may have realised I intend to refer to the new coach as Steely..........the rest of you do whatever you feckin' well like.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:Ahhh ..... Memories of happy times. :thumleft:

No need to forget Bobby, unlike most of the old ballixes who hawk themselves around living on songs written40 or 50 years ago ........... not that there is anything wrong with Honky Tonk Weemin, still the second best intro ever ............. but he is still working still writing new material......... and above all he isn't dead, though watch this space, it wouldn't be the first time I've been the kiss of death.

I like a proper musician who continues to write and not churn out the hits of long ago, that's why I still respect Morrison despite him being an ould whore.

Anyway, Dan to be here for the start of the season.............whistling Dylan songs and that Chris Rea song, Dancing down the Cregagh Road, though he has allegedly danced in Dundonald too. :roll:
Not much dancing in Dundonald as I recall. Just plenty of gesturing. What is the internationally recognised hand signal for "Get that wee drunk off my stage now, before he ruins my set!"
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Is our new coach a dildo too?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Apparently we have a game next week. Any idea of when he officially arrives? I'm assuming he won't be any where near the match day setup until he starts officially. I wonder who will be picking the team in his absence?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

I doubt if next week will qualify for the identification as a "match " 15 aside and a bench of 30 a side.some strange names will get a run and the first player to sweat will be subbed first etc . Opposed training might be a better description of what will be on view.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

SOON
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

If he turns out to be as good as the Kiss of Death, i'm just gonna call him Desperate Dan.
Soldiers who wanna be heroes number practically zero, but there are millions who wanna be civilians
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Kiss didn't take the pre-season friendlies very seriously last season. Most teams now do video analysis of training sessions. A friendly is an opportunity to test systems, set piece, combinations etc. Last season Kiss said he wouldn't even review a defensive system that completely imploded. Yes there can be a raft of new personnel shoved on the field at times but if something goes so badly wrong you have to at least apply some analysis to see why.
Last edited by Dave on Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?