Dan McFarland

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Re: Dan McFarland

Post by ColinM »

Dave wrote:
pg106 wrote:
Deraless wrote:Soda Farrell to fill in till Dan arrives according to Irish Times.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Only if agreement can’t be reached. How does that work with the international window in november?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dwayne Peel will hold the fort.
Send Dwayner to Dublin for the month to teach defence. Sure Kiss managed it, it must be easy enough

Sent from my Swift 2 Plus using Tapatalk
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Post by Gerald the Mole »

pg106 wrote:
Deraless wrote:Soda Farrell to fill in till Dan arrives according to Irish Times.

Only if agreement can’t be reached. How does that work with the international window in november?

Guys, we went behind another clubs back and poached one of their employees, what part of that are you not getting, Dublin has been more than deceitful in this , again demonstrating Nuciforia arrogance ( he was behind the appointment) why should Scotland give in, make us sweat it out, lots of guys bitching about Gibbes, and his behaviour, we have been worse but through Dublin,

Scotland making a very public point, hands off players and coaches or at least follow some protocol.

Ireland, the new England.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

I see Dave the Dictator (not the one with his own TV Channel) is looking to bring one of his own in to replace disposed off S&D so likely no job advertised instead more likely I suspect someone from Oz or US will come.. .
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Columbo
Squire

Post by Columbo »

Gerald the Mole wrote:Scotland making a very public point, hands off players and coaches or at least follow some protocol.
Interesting point, there might be something to that...
..one more thing
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Gerald the Mole wrote:
pg106 wrote:

Guys, we went behind another clubs back and poached one of their employees, what part of that are you not getting, Dublin has been more than deceitful in this , again demonstrating Nuciforia arrogance ( he was behind the appointment) why should Scotland give in, make us sweat it out, lots of guys bitching about Gibbes, and his behaviour, we have been worse but through Dublin,

Scotland making a very public point, hands off players and coaches or at least follow some protocol.

Ireland, the new England.

I hate both.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Columbo wrote:
Gerald the Mole wrote:Scotland making a very public point, hands off players and coaches or at least follow some protocol.
SFA interesting about it Chris, just a simple statement of fact by Ger, obvious to all but clowns.

Mind you, I still like a cut at those dour, haggis munching, ginger, parsimonious greedy, gruel sucking scumbuckets at the FSRU.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
GUBU
Novice

Post by GUBU »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Columbo wrote:
SFA interesting about it Chris, just a simple statement of fact by Ger, obvious to all but clowns.

Mind you, I still like a cut at those dour, haggis munching, ginger, parsimonious greedy, gruel sucking scumbuckets at the FSRU.
So Scotland are standing on a point of principle about the need for people to honour their word when it comes to employment?

Just as they did with Vern Cotter, who was sacked because Gregor Townsend indicated that he might head down south if the Scotland job wasn’t offered to him immediately?

Just as they have done with Danny Wilson, who was pinched from Wasps before he had shown up for his first day’s work in Coventry?

Could it simply be that, as you say, Mark Dodson is playing Billy Big Balls again, just as he has done with a succession of SRU employees? That would be entirely in keeping with the SRU's long and distinguished history of treating people shabbily, particularly when there’s a few quid at stake.
“It was a bizarre happening, an unprecedented situation, a grotesque situation, an almost unbelievable mischance.”
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

It's standard practice. Coaches can't wait until their contract ends like a player to find a new club. When a coaching job becomes available then they have to act. Dan came for an interview in the full knowledge of the situation with the SRU. He should have had a clause in his contract to allow him to leave in such a scenario.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Dave wrote:It's standard practice. Coaches can't wait until their contract ends like a player to find a new club. When a coaching job becomes available then they have to act. Dan came for an interview in the full knowledge of the situation with the SRU. He should have had a clause in his contract to allow him to leave in such a scenario.
But he has a clause in his IRFU contract that he might not start until the SRU say he can go in January !
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
GUBU
Novice

Post by GUBU »

Rooster wrote:
Dave wrote:It's standard practice. Coaches can't wait until their contract ends like a player to find a new club. When a coaching job becomes available then they have to act. Dan came for an interview in the full knowledge of the situation with the SRU. He should have had a clause in his contract to allow him to leave in such a scenario.
But he has a clause in his IRFU contract that he might not start until the SRU say he can go in January !
Beyond formally agreeing to take the job offered to him, I would be surprised if McFarland had signed on any other dotted line for the IRFU yet - not least because he's still under contract to another employer, and is serving out the notice period specified in that contract, which will end early if the SRU agree to it.

After Scotland play this weekend, there is no compelling rationale for holding on to McFarland, other than spite, or the chance of a few quid. Add to that the fact that they'll be paying two wages for the same job from August, throw in the SRU being tighter than a gnat's chuff, and you have the makings of a deal which has McFarland here in July.
“It was a bizarre happening, an unprecedented situation, a grotesque situation, an almost unbelievable mischance.”
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

possible scenario:
Mark Dobson: Dan, your not leaving until your contract is up
Dan: ah feck boss i want to go now
MD: nope you can wait son, anyway what are they paying you
Dan: 70K a year
MD, okay theres 90K and a world cup and three years
Dan: yeeeeeeeoooo
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

another possible one..

English CEO: Dan didn't realise that you wanted to step away from International coaching particularly heading towards a World Cup and had we known we might have thrown our hat in the ring.. anyhow pity you've signed up with Ulster..

Dan: yeh you know how it is but I haven't signed yet because I am still under contract with the SRU.

CEO: How much are they offering you anyhow

Dan: £100K

CEO: We would have offered you £150K-£200K

all BS of course because the Dan the Man is coming albeit we are having to prepare pre-season training/preparations now without a HC, without a Physic and without s S&C coach... but at least we have a skills coach in for 3 days a week when he's not with his club.. maybe they should bring back the CEO to help coach.. trophy winning apparently.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

No it’s not
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Kofi Annan wrote:
No it’s not
Bullshit
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Just give Soper the head coach job
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18