Dan McFarland

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Re: Dan McFarland

Post by ColinM »

Rooster wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:I heard an Aviva side have approached McFarland and asked has he penned paper because now he is leaving Scotland they are interested in signing him...
Wouldn't be surprised if Wasps bought him out

Would be even less surprised if the Jocks aired a rumour about wassups to panic Ulster into paying their asking fee for Dan.
Aird
Squire

Post by Aird »

Can't see SRU being keen to take this matter to court after there recent experience with Finn Russel's Da who not only got money off them but also highlighted his perceived short comings on the organisation of the SRU management.
Didn't show the SRU on a very good light.
Whilst the IRFU are not without faults they seem to avoid that sort of court cases and cover there actions in a cloud of mystery with the term of mutual agreement.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Tender wrote:He’ll be here as soon as Little Wing start doing Battered 24inch Pizza.
I'm not sure he'll have developed a taste for that kind of grub yet.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Is DMcF pregnant? The Scots refer to a 9-month confinement. I'm suspicious, an up the duff forwards coach sounds like something Slogan would espouse in his attempts to be PC.

How's Tel's garden coming on?

I bought two beautiful climbers - one red & one white which my extensively gay son plans to intertwine to make it appear as one plant producing large red & white blooms throughout much of the year on a near black pergola, it'll look like an Ulster Supporters dream combo. Also bought a lime tree to feed my gins into my dotage. Perhaps Tel will have some advice, full sun or partial shade or do you just pray over it? :roll:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Is DMcF pregnant? The Scots refer to a 9-month confinement. I'm suspicious, an up the duff forwards coach sounds like something Slogan would espouse in his attempts to be PC.

How's Tel's garden coming on?

I bought two beautiful climbers - one red & one white which my extensively gay son plans to intertwine to make it appear as one plant producing large red & white blooms throughout much of the year on a near black pergola, it'll look like an Ulster Supporters dream combo. Also bought a lime tree to feed my gins into my dotage. Perhaps Tel will have some advice, full sun or partial shade or do you just pray over it? :roll:
I was in Dobbies yesterday and hoping to bump into him but alas NO.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Dave wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:I heard an Aviva side have approached McFarland and asked has he penned paper because now he is leaving Scotland they are interested in signing him...
Shirely a contract with UR is water tight and legally binding? There is no way they would just release someone from their contract.
Has he signed a contract yet... don't forget he still has one with his name on it with the SRU.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Columbo
Squire

Post by Columbo »

Rooster wrote:I reckon the Scots want the IRFU to pay the release fee for Wilson to Wasps plus pay McFarlands wages up to the end of next season or at least the 9 months, they may even possibly be wanting them paid for the remainder of his contract.
it will depend on how the contract is written, but if he has a 9 month notice period, and has given notice, that means that if the SRU make him work his notice, he’ll then join Ulster after - for free. So the absolute max that should be paid to secure an early release would be the notice period salary. However, having him stay isn’t good for the SRU - they’ll be paying 2 salaries for the same job, and getting no benefit out of having him around, in fact likely it would be an unsettling distraction - so presumably the IRFU are trying to hold out for little or no compensation. There will of course be a right number in the middle, just might take a while to find it..

(Though I suppose given the IRFU are the idiots who are responsible for the PJ / SO fiasco, getting the job done isn’t a certainty...)
..one more thing
pg106
Initiate

Post by pg106 »

I see it has come out that Borthwick applied for the job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

pg106 wrote:I see it has come out that Borthwick applied for the job

Shows how desperate he is to get away from Jones.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Ulster or Scotland?
GUBU
Novice

Post by GUBU »

ColinM wrote:

Ulster or Scotland?
If he wanted a job with Scotland he should have applied for a job at Wasps.
“It was a bizarre happening, an unprecedented situation, a grotesque situation, an almost unbelievable mischance.”
pg106
Initiate

Post by pg106 »

ColinM wrote:

Ulster or Scotland?
Ulster

Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Soda Farrell to fill in till Dan arrives according to Irish Times.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
pg106
Initiate

Post by pg106 »

Deraless wrote:Soda Farrell to fill in till Dan arrives according to Irish Times.

Only if agreement can’t be reached. How does that work with the international window in november?

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

pg106 wrote:
Deraless wrote:Soda Farrell to fill in till Dan arrives according to Irish Times.

Only if agreement can’t be reached. How does that work with the international window in november?

Dwayne Peel will hold the fort.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?