The great 2018 Dave Sale

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

The great 2018 Dave Sale

Post by Cornerfleg »

When do we hear if there has been a massive Maplins style Dave sale from the squad?

You could bring in a proper coach to this side and as long as we have a Huge collection of Daves still wandering the corridors we cant really expect much in the way of any change in the future.

I have been very impressed with the new guys like Rea, Timoney, McPhillips, Kane and even O'Toole and Curtis look real prospects.

But now we get to the main point - Dalton has got to be better that Dave Diack and Dave Treaders, Dave Rodders is a waste of skin and organs as is Injured Dave Hond, Dave Shananananahan is beagle lite - surely ta gawd there's a back up 9 somewhere out there who isn't unadulterated pash. WTF is the point of 2 meter Peter? if he's worse than Treaders then why exactly is he hear?

Is there any serious plans in a Dave Yard Sale and get the young guys in to try from the start of next season - I mean they cant possibly be any worse than the above.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: The great 2018 Dave Sale

Post by big mervyn »

There's very little incoming though, Daves or otherwise.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

So basically we're stuck with a hope and a prayer that Coetzee's leg lasts more than 2 games - Jordi Murphy is the Messiah - Hendo is allowed to play more than a few games - Cooney doesn't get injured or called up - The new coach gets introduced to Cave - McPhillips decides to stay ... etc etc.

Awesome eh - building from the bottom up ... define "insanity" UR ... yes yer at it again ... Daves are not the answer to any question that you can throw at it - bar how do you ensure you never get any consistency in a side and remain basket cases.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
TopPoster
Initiate

Post by TopPoster »

You’re optimistic this morn Fleg. Sell them? Who the feck would want them FFS. Best take them overnight to the shelter and tie them to the lamppost and hope someone finds them in the morning.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Some positions have more Daves than others:

Loosehead: all daves
Hooker: fairly good
Tighthead: Kane, Herbst, Moore, O'Toole
Second row: Hendo, AOC and Dalton coming through. We are NOT well stocked.
Backrow: Jordi, Timoney, Rea, Broke-knee, Reidy... a few to come through as well
Scrumhalf: Cooney. I've heard Curtis jnr is pretty good. Jonny Stewart looks reasonable. Cairns is living off duty free still?
Flyhalf: The jury is out. Some very promising prospects though.
Centres: Whitten, Farrell, Olding...oh wait we gave them away.
Back three: Addison, Gilroy, Lyttle, Ludik, Stockdale, AAT...

We need signings all over the show but the priority should be: LH, 2nd row and a 10/12. A back-up would be handy but we have been saying that for years.

All in all the squad looks weak.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

for every Dave we get rid of we save a sizeable salary.... times that x6 and I would be happy to see £300-£500K pumped into academy places.. some of those lads even on development contracts are getting paid buttons... take a Dalton or a Rea and you could test out another 10-15 for the price of a Hond..

Money better spent..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Cockatrice wrote:for every Dave we get rid of we save a sizeable salary.... times that x6 and I would be happy to see £300-£500K pumped into academy places.. some of those lads even on development contracts are getting paid buttons... take a Dalton or a Rea and you could test out another 10-15 for the price of a Hond..

Money better spent..
How many Brett Herrons do we have to ship to get Lele back?
LegsLikeSausages
Warrior Chief

Post by LegsLikeSausages »

Dave wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:for every Dave we get rid of we save a sizeable salary.... times that x6 and I would be happy to see £300-£500K pumped into academy places.. some of those lads even on development contracts are getting paid buttons... take a Dalton or a Rea and you could test out another 10-15 for the price of a Hond..

Money better spent..
The analogy would be buying a house with 1p coins.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

LegsLikeSausages wrote:
Dave wrote:

Money better spent..
It might surprise you legs
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

Treadwell annoys me. For a big lad he’s as soft as a used nanny pad.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

He's so soft even the Saffers wont sit beside him at lunch time.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

The u14 Kabbadi team wouldn't sit with him.
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

Treadwell is worse than Diack. Pure, soft muck.
LegsLikeSausages
Warrior Chief

Post by LegsLikeSausages »

Rooster wrote:
LegsLikeSausages wrote:
Dave wrote:

Money better spent..
It might surprise you legs
Ah yes. I’ve clearly confused what he’s worth with what we paid.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »