Munster v Ulster Sat 5:35pm TG4/BBC2NI

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

stickinout
Warrior Chief

Re: Munster v Ulster Sat 5:35pm TG4/BBC2NI

Post by stickinout »

rocky wrote:I saw Jonno Gibbes was bemoaning the lack of penetration in our play yesterday. Maybe someone could staple a note to Dwayne Peel's forehead, with mirror writing saying just two words - DARREN CAVE - before the play-off.
Amen to that Rocky. DC, the man who makes things happen when we need to conjure a try from nothing. Like a few on here, i don't understand why he's not being used more. Also, I don't know why he re-signed with us. How long has it been since he's had a run of games? He seems like the kind of player who needs to be playing on a more regular basis to get his groove on.
Liz Fraser
Squire

Post by Liz Fraser »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Rooster wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:For the record, I regard watching a fillim an unconscionable waste of the brief remaining portion of my life. They are fuller of shyte than a recently dug scouting group’s latrine.
Except My Cousin Vinnie, that's legend status stuff

The last great fillim ever made my fine feathered friend, 1992, the year the movies died. It was a brave while back top the westerns. When they made that bullshite in monument valley with the wee lad with MS with the DeLorean I just wanted to punch some fillim people.

Now it's all green screens and computer-generated shyte, give me a break, I need that garbage as much as I need a rerun of a Dudley Phillips destroyed rugby match with Funky Gibbon as TMO. :roll:
I think Ghostbusters was one one the last Hollywood blockbuster films to be filmed without cgi.
Pop videos were.better in those days too thinking AHAS 'Take on me,' 'Thriller' or Peter Gabriels 'Sledgehammer.'
All still to be admired and not bettered.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Largely in agreement with Baggy. Very few big budget filluns don't get ruined to some extent. LOTR were decent efforts but even they felt the need to tack on a romantic sub plot and introduce a few twee Disney style touches that grated on me.

10 very good filluns:

Life of Brian
Kes
The Producers
Withnail and I
The Shining
Trainspotting
Napoleon Dynamite
Dr Strange love
Pulp Fiction
Full Metal Jacket
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

stickinout wrote:
rocky wrote:I saw Jonno Gibbes was bemoaning the lack of penetration in our play yesterday. Maybe someone could staple a note to Dwayne Peel's forehead, with mirror writing saying just two words - DARREN CAVE - before the play-off.
Amen to that Rocky. DC, the man who makes things happen when we need to conjure a try from nothing. Like a few on here, i don't understand why he's not being used more. Also, I don't know why he re-signed with us. How long has it been since he's had a run of games? He seems like the kind of player who needs to be playing on a more regular basis to get his groove on.
Someone is paying him the guts of £100,000 pa to keep fit, play some sport but have enough time to himself to set up his own business

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Liz Fraser
Squire

Post by Liz Fraser »

big mervyn wrote:Largely in agreement with Baggy. Very few big budget filluns don't get ruined to some extent. LOTR were decent efforts but even they felt the need to tack on a romantic sub plot and introduce a few twee Disney style touches that grated on me.

10 very good filluns:

Life of Brian
Kes
The Producers
Withnail and I
The Shining
Trainspotting
Napoleon Dynamite
Dr Strange love
Pulp Fiction
Full Metal Jacket
Top drawer all of those
Add to that my personal favourite Rocky 3.
Interestingly enough Stallone only commissioned Survivor to do the famous theme when he couldn't get Queens 'another one bites the dust'
Also did anyone spot Roberto Duran sparring with Rocky in Rocky 2?
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

Never got Napoleon Dynamite
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Liz Fraser
Squire

Post by Liz Fraser »

222toHounslow wrote:Never got Napoleon Dynamite
Actually I agree with that.
Seems odd mervyn put it with those other classics.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Guilty Pleasure.. we’ve all got one. Mine is watching Ulster implode from close quarters. No CGI necessary, just good old fashioned arsefoonery.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

Apocalypse Now.

My favourite film and good description of UR's situation.
Soldiers who wanna be heroes number practically zero, but there are millions who wanna be civilians
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Directors Cut

Lieutenant Colonel Shane Logie:
"I love the smell of the Napalm I made last night in the morning ... Now gentlemen, I'll have to leave you as there seems to be some journalists at the front door wishing to interview me ... VC don't scare me ... but interviews do ..."
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

Russ wrote:
stickinout wrote:
Someone is paying him the guts of £100,000 pa to keep fit, play some sport but have enough time to himself to set up his own business

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

great if you can get that kind of work...