Image
Image
Image

Topics Calendar

August 2018

S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

Who is online

In total there are 28 users online :: 8 registered, 1 hidden and 19 guests

Most users ever online was 454 on Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:04 pm

Registered users: AhrefsBot, Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], moyletra, Neill_M, richardt84, SemrushBot, YandexBot


Legend :: Administrators, Moderators

Statistics

Total posts 647837
Total topics 19019
Total members 2917
Our newest member Cap10

Birthdays

Congratulations to: PhilstuckinEdinburgh (37)

Farewell ......... SPARKY

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderators: The Fonz, Moderators

  • Advertisement

Topic Rating:
  • Not rated
  

Farewell ......... SPARKY

Postby Mac » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:05 pm

Norman Pollock :salut: :bowdown:
Image
NORMAN POLLOCK AKA SPARKY TO RETIRE FROM MASCOT DUTIES
http://www.ulsterrugby.com/news/17241.php#.WtoOgIjwbIU
:red:
Image Image
If You Have To Ask....You Don't Understand
User avatar
Mac
Chancellor to the King
 
Posts: 3917
Images: 12
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:04 am
Location: Paris, Texas.

Re: Farewell ......... SPARKY

Postby big mervyn » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:19 pm

Absolutely nathing to do with thon night spent with Bungle and Sue off of Sooty and Sweep. She had them black eyes before she went round there I tells ya!
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
User avatar
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 10237
Images: 8
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 2:22 pm
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: Farewell ......... SPARKY

Postby damianmcr » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:30 pm

Thanks Norman
User avatar
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 5894
Joined: Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:56 pm

Re: Farewell ......... SPARKY

Postby Tender » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:31 pm

Feck me pink. How low are they gonna go to shift tickets for this game. Using Sparky’s good name isn’t so much scraping the bottom of the barrel , it’s right through the bottom and dredging up the filth from the bottom of the swamp we’re sinking into.
His feckin lightbulbs are overpriced and I will no longer feel obligated to buy them there.
Next they’ll be telling us the band have packed it in...

Fingers crossed.
Last edited by Tender on Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
User avatar
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador
 
Posts: 2224
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:23 pm
Location: Not Spain

Re: Farewell ......... SPARKY

Postby Russ » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:34 pm

Did Sparky walk over Paddy and Stu?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
User avatar
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 27756
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: Looking for George North's defence

Re: Farewell ......... SPARKY

Postby big mervyn » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:35 pm

Tender wrote:Feck me pink. How low are they gonna go to shift tickets for this game. Using Sparky’s good name isn’t so much scraping the bottom of the barrel , it’s right through the bottom and dredging up the stars from the bottom of the swamp we’re sinking into.
His feckin lightbulbs are overpriced and I will no longer feel obligated to buy them there.
Next they’ll be telling us the band have packed it in...

Fingers crossed.

No such luck Tenders. ST sales to date indicate that there will be room for an orchestra.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
User avatar
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 10237
Images: 8
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 2:22 pm
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: Farewell ......... SPARKY

Postby Tender » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:40 pm

Sorry Russ. Stars was an auto censor. Apparently s.gum isn’t allowed.

New season tickets for Stand seats don’t go on sale until the middle of May, as I was informed by a family member. The end of May would be a good time to take stock of numbers, although I'd have no idea how we’d find out.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
User avatar
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador
 
Posts: 2224
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:23 pm
Location: Not Spain

Re: Farewell ......... SPARKY

Postby Tender » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:55 pm

For our younger readers, Norman Pollack is Sparky’s keeper. Although Sparky is a very Tame bear, bears are still dangerous animals and as such they require a keeper, just like all those lovely creatures we can see locked up in very small cages in Belfast Zoo (for your entertainment).
So with Uncle Norman now retiring, Sparky will be going into hibernation until a new keeper can be found (ar$ed) to bring him to home games and deliver what few season tickets get renewed .
Sparky shares his hibernation with The Easter Bunny and Satan’s little helpers.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
User avatar
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador
 
Posts: 2224
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:23 pm
Location: Not Spain

Re: Farewell ......... SPARKY

Postby Snipe Watson » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:00 pm

Never a big fan of the concept, but the weans loved him and he showed some serious dedication. Fair play Norman. Lang may yer lum reek. :salut:
#NotMyCountry
User avatar
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 22760
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:42 pm

Re: Farewell ......... SPARKY

Postby ColinM » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:02 pm

Is he a volunteer like our S&C coaches?

Sent from my Swift 2 Plus using Tapatalk
User avatar
ColinM
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 7852
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:11 pm

Re: Farewell ......... SPARKY

Postby Kofi Annan » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:05 pm

Ffs , Sparky abandoning ship as well, Logan you are ruing this club, who is next , Ethel
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
User avatar
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 6727
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:10 pm

Re: Farewell ......... SPARKY

Postby UlsterJock » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:11 pm

In times of trouble you were there
when we roared, you led the way.
Your outfit changed but still the bear
your heart, still big and caring is what we say.

For all the waves and press ups we cheered
Sparky our mascot, our fortress king!
Others visited and left for it was him they feared
the energy undying, his drum loud and beating.

Now its time to say adieu
for all you’ve done, near and far.
From the old, the new, the young, we the Ulster few
all salute our Norman a Ravenhill star.
:salut: :red:
Good luck bud
Some hae meat and canna eat, And some wad eat that want it;
But we hae meat, and we can eat, Sae let the Lord be thankit.
User avatar
UlsterJock
Initiate
 
Posts: 338
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:43 pm

Re: Farewell ......... SPARKY

Postby Rooster » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:13 pm

Good luck to Norman in his retirement from bear duty.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
User avatar
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 39522
Images: 5
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:39 am
Location: Chicken coop 17

Re: Farewell ......... SPARKY

Postby Gary » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:29 pm

Tender wrote:For our younger readers, Norman Pollack is Sparky’s keeper. Although Sparky is a very Tame bear, bears are still dangerous animals and as such they require a keeper, just like all those lovely creatures we can see locked up in very small cages in Belfast Zoo (for your entertainment).
So with Uncle Norman now retiring, Sparky will be going into hibernation until a new keeper can be found (ar$ed) to bring him to home games and deliver what few season tickets get renewed .
Sparky shares his hibernation with The Easter Bunny and Satan’s little helpers.



Ever since his head dropped off a few years ago, I think most of the wains sussed out Sparky wasn't a real bear. Once they'd got over the trauma that is.
"What's the requirement of my job? I don't have to be very clever, I don't have to know that much," - David Davis, Minister for Fecking Up Brexit
User avatar
Gary
Chancellor to the King
 
Posts: 3508
Images: 1
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2005 2:49 pm
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Re: Farewell ......... SPARKY

Postby Kofi Annan » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:31 pm

Gary wrote:
Tender wrote:For our younger readers, Norman Pollack is Sparky’s keeper. Although Sparky is a very Tame bear, bears are still dangerous animals and as such they require a keeper, just like all those lovely creatures we can see locked up in very small cages in Belfast Zoo (for your entertainment).
So with Uncle Norman now retiring, Sparky will be going into hibernation until a new keeper can be found (ar$ed) to bring him to home games and deliver what few season tickets get renewed .
Sparky shares his hibernation with The Easter Bunny and Satan’s little helpers.



Ever since his head dropped off a few years ago, I think most of the wains sussed out Sparky wasn't a real bear. Once they'd got over the trauma that is.


What do you mean he is not a real Bear. Logan said he was , caught him in Congo fighting Capt Black
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
User avatar
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 6727
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:10 pm

Next


  • Advertisement

Return to View frae thae Hill

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: SemrushBot and 15 guests

Recent Forum Topics

!-- Piwik -->