litany of poor decisions have hurt the province

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: litany of poor decisions have hurt the province

Post by BR »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
BR wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:Unfortunately Tender the people who surrendered their banner were clearly under the misapprehension that Eventsec have anything but incredibly limited powers. If they lay hands on you, unless you are committing a legal offence, it is common assault. They know that, most people are cowed by any sort of uniform and they play on that. Had the banner owners told them to fück off they were powerless as no offence was being committed.
Not strictly true Baggy. Staff can use minimal force to eject someone who is trespassing.
Not quite sure how they were trespassing or that I was BR, I did nothing that broke the terms of my contract when buying my season ticket.
I wasn't suggesting anyone specifically was. Just giving you my opinion as a fully qualified keyboard lawyer.

In the old days, you became a trespasser once you had been told to leave the premises and refused. I don't imagine that has changed very much.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

So what authority do they actually have to stop and search on entering the ground and for what reason may they remove a shirt or a fleg from anyone entering... some on here said shirts were removed so just asking..

Was there any form of verbal protest because even snipe was up for it or was someone afraid to shout Logan Out? Again just asking glad I went to Wembley..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Cockatrice wrote:So what authority do they actually have to stop and search on entering the ground and for what reason may they remove a shirt or a fleg from anyone entering... some on here said shirts were removed so just asking..

Was there any form of verbal protest because even snipe was up for it or was someone afraid to shout Logan Out? Again just asking glad I went to Wembley..
There is no authority to comply with a stop and search where it is conducted by anyone other than a police officer

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

You will just be refused entry them I'd imagine.
launish116
Initiate

Post by launish116 »

Cockatrice wrote:So what authority do they actually have to stop and search on entering the ground and for what reason may they remove a shirt or a fleg from anyone entering... some on here said shirts were removed so just asking..

Condition of entry? they can put the request to you and if you refuse they can refuse entry.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Russ wrote:

There is no authority to comply with a stop and search where it is conducted by anyone other than a police officer

The police can only search you if they have reasonable grounds to believe you are in possession of drugs, a weapon, stolen goods etc.. Either that or terrorism. Eventsec have no special authority they are the same as any other civilian.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

damianmcr wrote:You will just be refused entry them I'd imagine.
Yip
Which is a breach of contract
Which the irfu dont give a feck about

mea97mb
Squire

Post by mea97mb »

Dave wrote:
Russ wrote:

The police can only search you if they have reasonable grounds to believe you are in possession of drugs, a weapon, stolen goods etc.. Either that or terrorism. Eventsec have no special authority they are the same as any other civilian.
Stop and search is only relevant in the street or in a vehicle, only the Police can do this.

I believe Eventsec have every right to search on entry to the matches under the Terrorism Act, same as being searched on the way into any major event.
Last edited by mea97mb on Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
launish116
Initiate

Post by launish116 »

Dave wrote:
Russ wrote:

Police only need to suspect in most cases, belief is slightly higher requirement. Event sec and Ulster are well within their right to enforce Conditions of entry I'd of thought.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Correct but can they take a banner off you once inside?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
launish116
Initiate

Post by launish116 »

Guess it's the same as a condition to enter? if you refuse to follow their direction their entitled to remove you? grey area I guess. But theres a big difference from asking to hand something over and being searched, really is a grey area. Ultimately it's who willing to hold there bluff longer.
mea97mb
Squire

Post by mea97mb »

Dave wrote:Correct but can they take a banner off you once inside?
Maybe it was deemed as a political banner :stir: :
Any form of religious or political advertising, banner or slogan is strictly prohibited and may result in ejection from the Stadium.
As for the shirts:
Save for official merchandise and/or other sport related clothing worn in good faith, visitors shall not bring into, use or display within the Stadium any sponsorship, promotional or marketing materials.
So is defacing of jerseys now not allowed? What about all those people with autographs scribbled all over their shirts?

http://www.ulsterrugby.com/tickets/stad ... t2tacgvxaQ
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

I can see a spectacular means of protest coming up for the play-off game. Right, where's the best place to have a few thousand t-shirts made with a certain bit of wording on them? :scratch:
Soldiers who wanna be heroes number practically zero, but there are millions who wanna be civilians
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Searching is a condition of entry. It is up to the punter to allow the search, but if they decline you can simply refuse entry. It does happen from time to time.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Dave wrote:Correct but can they take a banner off you once inside?
Ultimately it is a choice between complying with the stewards' instructions or leaving the ground.
www.stoutboys.co.uk