litany of poor decisions have hurt the province

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Rem99
Initiate

Re: litany of poor decisions have hurt the province

Post by Rem99 »

Cockatrice wrote:Was there any form of verbal protest because even snipe was up for it or was someone afraid to shout Logan Out? Again just asking glad I went to Wembley..

Eventsec tried to stop chant of,”IRFU - Shame on you. IRFU - shame on you”, but very suitably advised by the crowd!!
#loganout
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

BR wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
BR wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:Unfortunately Tender the people who surrendered their banner were clearly under the misapprehension that Eventsec have anything but incredibly limited powers. If they lay hands on you, unless you are committing a legal offence, it is common assault. They know that, most people are cowed by any sort of uniform and they play on that. Had the banner owners told them to fück off they were powerless as no offence was being committed.
Not strictly true Baggy. Staff can use minimal force to eject someone who is trespassing.
Not quite sure how they were trespassing or that I was BR, I did nothing that broke the terms of my contract when buying my season ticket.
I wasn't suggesting anyone specifically was. Just giving you my opinion as a fully qualified keyboard lawyer.

In the old days, you became a trespasser once you had been told to leave the premises and refused. I don't imagine that has changed very much.
Ah, perhaps so, but as an honorary barrister, I would give a fullsome argument to their incorrect reading of the law and no judge in the country would convict me.............though a few might need to recuse themselves.

I know that almost every law in the land has been passed down from little old England where their intent was almost always the protection of the possessions of the well to do from horrible little oykes without a pot in which to pish, but in these slightly more enlightened times I doubt many of our fine bewigged gentlemen would allow some ar$e in a fluorescent bib to harrang an old gentleman such as I when the horrible little man had no just cause, merely on the orders of a blackguard.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
BR wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
BR wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:Unfortunately Tender the people who surrendered their banner were clearly under the misapprehension that Eventsec have anything but incredibly limited powers. If they lay hands on you, unless you are committing a legal offence, it is common assault. They know that, most people are cowed by any sort of uniform and they play on that. Had the banner owners told them to fück off they were powerless as no offence was being committed.
Not strictly true Baggy. Staff can use minimal force to eject someone who is trespassing.
Not quite sure how they were trespassing or that I was BR, I did nothing that broke the terms of my contract when buying my season ticket.
I wasn't suggesting anyone specifically was. Just giving you my opinion as a fully qualified keyboard lawyer.

In the old days, you became a trespasser once you had been told to leave the premises and refused. I don't imagine that has changed very much.
Ah, perhaps so, but as an honorary barrister, I would give a fullsome argument to their incorrect reading of the law and no judge in the country would convict me.............though a few might need to recuse themselves.

I know that almost every law in the land has been passed down from little old England where their intent was almost always the protection of the possessions of the well to do from horrible little oykes without a pot in which to pish, but in these slightly more enlightened times I doubt many of our fine bewigged gentlemen would allow some ar$e in a fluorescent bib to harrang an old gentleman such as I when the horrible little man had no just cause, merely on the orders of a blackguard.
I believe the modern way of doing things would dictate that once you have been given several opportunities to leave under your own steam, that those in Hi-viz (and this would need to be ISA qualified operatives; not just the grunt stewards) can decide for themselves when they should provide 'assistance'. That bit is not really up for argument. Your only complaint could be if they were to provide more 'assistance' than you reasonably required. At this point, your age, size, etc compared to the operative would be a factor in deciding if they had committed an offence.

To be fair, in today's world, most of these guys know their job. And there's a fair chance they've heard the line -"Lay a finger on me and I'll have you for assault!" more than once in their career.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

That should of course read SIA, although were I to be confronted by a couple of financial advisers trying to sell me stuff, I may decide to leave the ground voluntarily.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk