Farewell beagle

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Farewell beagle

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Snipe Watson wrote: I'm fairly sure he never put pen to paper for an English club.
Do you count London Spiderish as English?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

It is hard to forgive for the pure stupidity of him v Bordeaux

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Beattiespastie
Squire

Post by Beattiespastie »

Farewell Paul Marshall and thank you for all you gave to Ulster. A gentleman off the pitch I wish you all the best in the future.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Comes on and hoofs one straight into touch. I did a double face palm, thereafter he played as well as you could hope, even in the red zone he showed uncommon composure. Well done sir.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Comes on and hoofs one straight into touch. I did a double face palm, thereafter he played as well as you could hope, even in the red zone he showed uncommon composure. Well done sir.
Given the occasion, maybe we can understand him overcooking his kick last night at least.
I did blame him for delaying a ruck to the point that it got turned over. Apart from that, I think he injected an urgency that Cooney (and Cooney is my player of the season) doesn't provide.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

BR wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:Comes on and hoofs one straight into touch. I did a double face palm, thereafter he played as well as you could hope, even in the red zone he showed uncommon composure. Well done sir.
Given the occasion, maybe we can understand him overcooking his kick last night at least.
I did blame him for delaying a ruck to the point that it got turned over. Apart from that, I think he injected an urgency that Cooney (and Cooney is my player of the season) doesn't provide.

I thought he played quite well bar the kick. He spotted space around the edge of the scrum and took advantage. His quick passing enabled mcphillips to get into a groove and our backs had a chance to run a few moves. Still a lot of lateral movement across the backs but at least we strung some moves together. beagle also helped set up the bp try.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

BR wrote:
I'd agree with that. Paul has always been the man to bring in when chasing a game or a bonus point. He brings that air of unpredictability that makes defences nervous. He got his brain fart out of the way early and played a tidy second half. I still prefer him to Shanners.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

If it’s be nasty to Paul time his greatest weaknesses were a lack of length on his pass — hence the the one /two before the pass - losing speed and space for the backs - and his knack of over kicking the box kick leaving the chasing winger in no mans land — unable to challenge and to easy to dummy

Not forgetting at times his little brainfarts .

But hell he was entertaining

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Beattiespastie wrote:Farewell Paul Marshall and thank you for all you gave to Ulster. A gentleman off the pitch I wish you all the best in the future.
Was your opinion of him off the pitch based on a 30sec chat behind the stand , just wondering, I once bumped into Gerry Kelly and had a brief exchange of pleasantries, wouldn’t buy a sofa of the mudering stars bag, anyway I am sure He is lovely, p not Kelly.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Jackie Brown wrote: Toss up between him and Munsters 2nd scrum half. Shan is obviously just trying to stir.
I'm not stirring Jackie. I don't do the cry baby stuff of "you can't say anything critical about any player". I hate that sh1te on MF. If I see somebody say something critical about a Munster player here or elsewhere all I think about is if the comment is justified. Your comment on Munster's 2nd scrum half is entirely justified. He is not good enough and is in the same league as Marshall.

I will admit I may have over-egged it slightly but I'm f-cking sick of nicely nicely, can't upset anybody ballix. The type of ballix that sees some poor feckers banished.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

I'll tell you though if you want to see stirring , just read Eamonn Sweeney in the Indo -
Is it time to abolish Ulster? Not the province, just the rugby team. Jakob Stockdale could be sent to Munster to add firepower in the absence of Simon Zebo. Iain Henderson could work on his second row partnership with James Ryan at Leinster and Rory Best's experience and leadership qualities would be invaluable to Connacht. Who else is there to worry about really?
Job done
Now that is what you call a premier class twát.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Shan wrote:
Jackie Brown wrote: Toss up between him and Munsters 2nd scrum half. Shan is obviously just trying to stir.
I'm not stirring Jackie. I don't do the cry baby stuff of "you can't say anything critical about any player". I hate that sh1te on MF. If I see somebody say something critical about a Munster player here or elsewhere all I think about is if the comment is justified. Your comment on Munster's 2nd scrum half is entirely justified. He is not good enough and is in the same league as Marshall.

I will admit I may have over-egged it slightly but I'm f-cking sick of nicely nicely, can't upset anybody ballix. The type of ballix that sees some poor feckers banished.
Is there anybody here who hasn't said anything critical about him and that includes last night? Nobody is trying to lionize him in retrospect.

His qualities are committment, loyalty, bravery and pace and he deserves his valedictory salute as much as any, and more than quite a few.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Fair enough big man.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

big mervyn wrote:
Shan wrote:

Is there anybody here who hasn't said anything critical about him and that includes last night? Nobody is trying to lionize him in retrospect.

His qualities are committment, loyalty, bravery and pace and he deserves his valedictory salute as much as any, and more than quite a few.
If we can't criticise where we see criticism to be justified, there's no point having a discussion. The fear of offending somebody's ridiculously honed sensitivities is ruining healthy discourse.
Other problem here is too many people who are implacably resolved not to countenance any view contrary to theirs.
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Shan wrote:I'll tell you though if you want to see stirring , just read Eamonn Sweeney in the Indo -
Is it time to abolish Ulster? Not the province, just the rugby team. Jakob Stockdale could be sent to Munster to add firepower in the absence of Simon Zebo. Iain Henderson could work on his second row partnership with James Ryan at Leinster and Rory Best's experience and leadership qualities would be invaluable to Connacht. Who else is there to worry about really?
Job done
Now that is what you call a premier class twát.
Wànkers like that Eamonn boy might make me rethink my views on a hard border lol

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.