Andrew Friend

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Polly Cotton
Novice

Re: Andrew Friend

Post by Polly Cotton »

Mulligan in the Newsletter is all excited at the prospect of friend, I thought he was a rugby journalist not part of the UR spin machine, he blows Friend up but has left out the bit about getting sacked twice and more importantly he has been cut by the Aussie 7s as he was deemed not dynamic enough
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/rugby-unio ... 4z4rg.html but the women’s coach is.

If this man gets the job it’s a joke.
You may know my sister, Dot
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Polly Cotton wrote:Mulligan in the Newsletter is all excited at the prospect of friend, I thought he was a rugby journalist not part of the UR spin machine, he blows Friend up but has left out the bit about getting sacked twice and more importantly he has been cut by the Aussie 7s as he was deemed not dynamic enough
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/rugby-unio ... 4z4rg.html but the women’s coach is.

If it is the article I am thinking of Mulligan didn't write it
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Polly Cotton wrote:Mulligan in the Newsletter is all excited at the prospect of friend, I thought he was a rugby journalist not part of the UR spin machine, he blows Friend up but has left out the bit about getting sacked twice and more importantly he has been cut by the Aussie 7s as he was deemed not dynamic enough

So here's how journalism actually works (source missus works in PR and one of her clients is an Avivabosh club)

Club approach PR firm and say they have news
Tell PR firm news
PR firm write an article with gushing quotes and sycophantic language

PR firm send same article to all journos they have contact with
Journo edits article, puts name on top and goes to print

Journo wins as he gets content so gets paid
PR firm wins as they get coverage and get paid
Club wins as they get their news out and the message is controlled

Most news is now paid for

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

I would take a bit of convincing that Mulligan would be over the moon with Friend as head coach
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Eggs
Warrior Chief

Post by Eggs »

This Friend rumour has to stop, would be potentially equal with Honds contract in terms of uselessness.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Vern Cotter is a Friend of Josef Schmidt. Andrew Friend is a Friend first and foremost, but a friend of David his satanic majesty Nucifora. You decide.

David Nucifora left the Brumbies as the only coach to win Spuer Rugby and be sacked. Andrew Friend left the Brumbies having been their lowest achieving coach in successive seasons - we know that as the Kiss-off. It appears the Brumbies take two years to decide the coach is an asshole, Ulster usually take more than two years

Andrew Friend has spent the last 5 years in two Nipponese clubs and Aussie 7777777. This next bit is gospel - I abominate 7777777 and everything and everyone who pays it lip service.

So why has nobody even mentioned STA Matt Williams? He’s a shîte coach who speaks fluent Nucifora and may even be slightly better than our last Failed Australian .. or should that be Australian failure .... it’s a tough call because we can hardly call foul on every Australian and blame them for Les FO Kiss.

You might even suggest “What is the point of an Australian?”, yes they talk a goodish came to disguise the fact they are, in the round, a mouthy set of useless cünts who promise the world and give you a busted rubber full of watery spünk, I’d originally written gum dancing but gum is bad so you see gum dancing. :roll:

So Vern Cotter or Andrew Friend, who is the perfect Fit for Ulster? Andrew Friend is grammar School educated but will he know when to call a spade a spade and when not to call a slut a slut?

You know what, I’m more interested in which if any players are going to be here next year, I just assume the coach will not be anyone who would be “a Name”, why would a successful coach want to be ringmaster of the current Ulster Circus. We’ll get a clown, why? Because we always do.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

Doesn’t sound like it’s Friend.

Robertson would be my choice,bring ROG too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The King is dead. Long live the King.
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

No beans to spill KOTH
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Michael Lyndsay-Hogg... doubt he knows much about Rugby, but he directed a The only Circus worth watching.
I try really hard to like Bryn and I know he’s trying to hang onto his job for the same reason as the rest of us, but he doesn’t make it easy.
When he comes over all delighted about the new Coach and says things like ‘first choice’ and both UR and FIRFU are happy, I can’t help thinking FIRFU got someone stupid enough to take it on and Ulster are happy enough to take anyone just to man the pumps.
Heh it’s Sunday, which is depressing enough without thinking about the state of Ulster Rugby. It’ll all seem better with a lump of meat and a glass of Rioja.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

I knew it wasn't Friend.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Eggs wrote:
prawnsarnies wrote:
Rooster wrote:According to Bryn it is our number one choice so unless he has lost the plot it cannot be Friend
My thoughts exactly
Did he say that, or did he say he is a ‘primary target’. Not sure that means the same thing
Bryn said the new guy was 'THE' primary target. If he is dung then the whole process is wrong.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Some might say the new coach is a dave.
rocky
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rocky »

Dave wrote:
Eggs wrote:
prawnsarnies wrote:
Rooster wrote:According to Bryn it is our number one choice so unless he has lost the plot it cannot be Friend
My thoughts exactly
Did he say that, or did he say he is a ‘primary target’. Not sure that means the same thing
Bryn said the new guy was 'THE' primary target. If he is dung then the whole process is wrong.
I thought Bryn said the new guy was "A premier target'" not "THE premier target." I could be quite wrong but I took it to mean that this person was one of a small targeted group, not one single individual.
Bo***cks to Brexit
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

"We're not in a position to announce it just yet but it was the primary candidate so we are happy that we have got that and I know the IRFU are happy too."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/43937694
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

kingofthehill wrote:Doesn’t sound like it’s Friend.

Robertson would be my choice,bring ROG too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I want the 3 Barrett brothers next season (sort out lock/FH/FB), aint going happen though.