Andrew Friend

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Re: Andrew Friend

Post by Gerald the Mole »

This is absolute proof Logan is either a liar or just out of his depth, he said on the=podcast (when was that) that they were not at the shortlist stage and on Tuesday night told branch members they had also not got a coach yet, so, which is it, he is just a D4 stooge and Nucifora dies as he pleases or hr genuinely is clueless .

We as in UR are becoming a joke, always willing to give some one a chance, but this Nucifora mafia is becoming a nonsense, just look at the clown running the men and women’s 7, another mate who has failed to deliver anywhere near his targets and speaking to both male and female players is an arrogant Buffon , millions have been wasted on a 7s wet dream.

Dublin has lost control to Nucifora, something is wrong
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Post by Gerald the Mole »

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport ... 504a54f3e3

Was deemed not good enough to take a 7s team to Olympics, will fit right in
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Why does anyone think Harrison is coming we have been told Friend is the rumour... just stood down from his job so free..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

It warms the cockles of my heart that after being fûcked out of Brumbies he has had two gigs in the testing environment of Nippon and then 7777777, sweet holy mother of sanctified fûck.

Yes Ger, we’ll give anyone a second chance if they are not called Jackson or Olding.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

what Ulster need is a head coach who was a forward not a former back straight out of sevens rugby coaching .

if true then Peel is a passenger if Payne is retained on Ulster's books .
Payne's left foot knows more about rugby than Peel

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Eggs
Warrior Chief

Post by Eggs »

This has to be sh1te.

Surely
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

JB mentioned both Friend and Mallinder on the podcast.
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Don't know about anyone else ... but that news, even if just a rumour, had me hitting the handbrake and pulling a 180 doughnut on Mount Merion and heading back to HQ to get a ST for next year.

When we say we are taking things seriously and starting from the bottom up to improve it's news like this that instils confidence that we are on the upward climb.

Andrew Friend is the sort of monumental huge name we would employ just long enough to be able to pick him out of a line up ... in time for him to be sacked when we take a double shafting from the Kings next season.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
nonplussed
Warrior Chief

Post by nonplussed »

Beggars cant be choosers... I would be happy with Mallinder, but I suspect he's too good for Ulster, and has options...Friend hits perfectly at the level of Ulster. Mediocre coach for a mediocre outfit.

FOUR
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

FFS ... It looks like Lisburn is out of our depth now ... I hear we're sending out application forms to Lidl.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Eggs
Warrior Chief

Post by Eggs »

Mallinder would be an excellent move.

I’m still hoping for him given his alleged last minute U-turn at Cardiff
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

He would be too strong for Cunningham and Nucifora. They will want a yes man.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Locking horns with Cockerill again may have some attraction for Mallinder.

Not sure Friend has the right credentials in the current climate - last time he took the squad out, one of them ended up in bed, albeit a hospital one.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Mallinder would not be my choice by a long way -- Northampton were one of the most thuggish sides in the EPL under Mallinder

Instigators at that -- I don't approve of players ignoring that which goes beyond hard, but neither do I approve of playing beyond hard--Mallinder seems to approve of that type of play, we don't Like the Brennans of this world.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Go Hard or Go Home and keep getting up.

That’s all it takes. Hit them harder and knock the fight outta them. Keep getting up so there are no gaps.
This coaching mullarky is toffee.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.