Glasgow Match - Going or Not - POLL

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Will you be going to Ulster v Glasgow Sat 21st @ Ravenhill

Poll ended at Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:48 am

Yes, wild horses wouldn't drag me away
25%
No way. UR has been run into the ground and I just can;t do it.
75%

Total votes: 76

Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Re: Glasgow Match - Going or Not - POLL

Post by Kofi Annan »

BR wrote:
Russ wrote:
BR wrote:Am I allowed to say Bristol, or does that make me a misogynist?
So long as you don't call them by their new name Bristol Bears

Bears is apparently homophobic

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Breasts are now called Bristol Bears??

That doesn't even rhyme!
Your making that up
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Kofi Annan wrote:
BR wrote:
Russ wrote:
BR wrote:Am I allowed to say Bristol, or does that make me a misogynist?
So long as you don't call them by their new name Bristol Bears

Bears is apparently homophobic

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Breasts are now called Bristol Bears??

That doesn't even rhyme!
Your making that up
No, I think Russ is.

He's got too much imagination that lad. Should have had it beaten out of him at school, like the rest of us.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Pablo
Novice

Post by Pablo »

I spoke to a member of the ticketing team yesterday and was informed that season ticket sales are only marginally down on this time last year. Ulster land of eternal optimism!
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

mid ulster maestro wrote:Sadly Baggy the FIRFU will be able to fill the bedpan without us. The way to apply pressure is to stop buying UR merchandise, food at the ground etc. Anything that will hit the purse strings.
LOGAN OUT!

That may be true mum, but the FIRFU will know exactly how much the northern brethren contributed in the dark ol days. That kind of info stays around an organisation imo.
Joe Schmo
Chancellor to the King

Post by Joe Schmo »

No Cave? Glad I’m giving it a miss.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Pablo wrote:I spoke to a member of the ticketing team yesterday and was informed that season ticket sales are only marginally down on this time last year. Ulster land of eternal optimism!
They lied to you, they are nowhere near last season.

More spin than a roundabout at a carnival.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

They are miles behind, fact.

Also from an insider, who is also unhappy with the current regime
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Pablo wrote:I spoke to a member of the ticketing team yesterday and was informed that season ticket sales are only marginally down on this time last year. Ulster land of eternal optimism!
They lied to you, they are nowhere near last season.

More spin than a roundabout at a carnival.
Lot of spit
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

UlsterNo9 wrote:They are miles behind, fact.

Also from an insider, who is also unhappy with the current regime
Given the level of uncertainty about next season and the disaster that this season has been. I cannot understand anyone renewing in the absence of information about players, coaches and Europe.
It's buying a pig in a poke.
Beattiespastie
Squire

Post by Beattiespastie »

Going with my big son to back the lads on the pitch. Sick and tired of the crap appearing on social media from the get go. Everyone playing the blame game when in reality the blame sits squarely with social media and its use by all concerned. I care more about my own family and keeping my own two adult children on the straight and narrow and so far so good. This whole affair involved a young girl my daughters age and lads my sons age and that's why I find it all so sad. The lads were found innocent by a judge of their peers but the complainant was a 19 year old girl and that does not sit well with me regardless of the outcome. Social media (whattsapp) and the vivid reliving of an unfortunate set of circumstances in the public eye sealed the fate of two great young talents but in 2018 it serves as a cautionary tale to all young people. Bottom line-no amount of protest in whatever guise will make any impact on Ulster rugby. Glasgow is a must win and I will be on the West terrace standing up for the Ulster men on the pitch who deserve the accolades... Thank you beagle and Tommy Bowe.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Beattiespastie wrote:Going with my big son to back the lads on the pitch. Sick and tired of the crap appearing on social media from the get go. Everyone playing the blame game when in reality the blame sits squarely with social media and its use by all concerned. I care more about my own family and keeping my own two adult children on the straight and narrow and so far so good. This whole affair involved a young girl my daughters age and lads my sons age and that's why I find it all so sad. The lads were found innocent by a judge of their peers but the complainant was a 19 year old girl and that does not sit well with me regardless of the outcome. Social media (whattsapp) and the vivid reliving of an unfortunate set of circumstances in the public eye sealed the fate of two great young talents but in 2018 it serves as a cautionary tale to all young people. Bottom line-no amount of protest in whatever guise will make any impact on Ulster rugby. Glasgow is a must win and I will be on the West terrace standing up for the Ulster men on the pitch who deserve the accolades... Thank you beagle and Tommy Bowe.
She willingly engaged in group sex, not my findings , the courts, if you uncomfortable with it go preach to her, two adult children ? Jeez at 18 I took the queens shilling , my dad did not go with me.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

UlsterNo9 wrote:
Also from an insider...
Are you friends with Norman?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

A week or two back my source reported that UR were over the moon with the update hence one reason why Walter Mitty went on the attack safe in the knowledge he had ridden this out in two days.. he is in this for the long run and is firmly of the opinion he has broken us.. unfortunately I think he has because divided we are conquered...

I see they are planning a meeting of the big guns with Rory Hendo and Stockcube for those season tickets holders not yet signing and maybe others besides.. this time next year we won’t remember them and Dick Brain will still be in charge.. His latest exploit into a committee meeting means he has met with representation from every club in Ulster in the week since the dismissals and not one person raised the issue... so fait complete...

If you are a member of your local club then why not raise the matter and also put pressure on your club rep to consider the mood for a vote of no confidence in him... they can then take it and propose and hopefully get in seconded for a vote amongst the clubs.. it may not change the world but someone needs to place the issues on record and it would make
It harder for him to sell himself as the saviour of club rugby if the clubs voted against him.. coupled with a petition from the fans it all applies pressure but none of this will happen...

The clubs had their chance and they back d away and didn’t even question the matter..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Beattiespastie
Squire

Post by Beattiespastie »

Kofi Annan _You typify my argument. I accept the jury's verdict 100% but I have a 19 year old daughter and a son Paddy's age when it all took place. Both my children have been grafting away since they were very young and have earned the 'queen's shilling' to help themselves through university thus far. I will be at Ravenspan tomorrow night to cheer on my province along with my son.
Beattiespastie
Squire

Post by Beattiespastie »

Incidentally I am not uncomfortable with the jury's verdict as I respect and uphold the rule of law. As a father of a 19 year old girl and 22 year old son I am just growing wary of the polarised views on both sides and the admonishment of blame in both circles. I am also fed up with being told what to do/think by all sides. Ulster rugby moving forward regardless of who is CEO/Coach/Director of Rugby will need our support.