TURN YOUR BACK ON THE IRFU

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

TURN YOUR BACK ON THE IRFU

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I have two suggestions as to what small actions will at least make a statement.

1) When the play is about to kick off, turn your back to the pitch for the first two minutes. A friend has pointed out the irony that the Bank of Ireland name on the back of shirts will be seen if you turn, however that is my intention.

2) At the final whistle, I will go to the edge of the pitch and throw my season ticket onto the pitch.

Hard to beat a futile gesture. Then that's it, they can stick Kingspan and the Bank of Ireland up their holes.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Re: TURN YOUR BACK ON THE IRFU

Post by Big-al »

I'm not going Baggy.

Heart isn't in it.
Blackskulllad
Novice

Post by Blackskulllad »

Going in isn't an option the ground has to be empty. It has to stay empty. Could Ulster associate with the Scottish union or stand as a club. If it takes ten years I'd rather see us start again
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

I get what you are saying baggy... but they need taught a lesson and for me that is the realisation what it is like to play with 245 supporters inside the ground... empty bars with no sales food vendors with no trade and 300 taxis but no customers.... on top of that putting that message out on the BBC before they bow out and no one sees it on TV.

THE ONLY OPTION IS A 90% EMPTY STADIUM.... TWO FINGERS to the spineless dick CEO and to the BoI...
Last edited by Cockatrice on Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Crusoe
Novice

Post by Crusoe »

The only drawback with that is the three Ireland players we have - I wonder what Hendo and Best think of all this?

Other than that a great idea. FOIRFU. I wouldn't care if we were getting hidings off the likes of well, practically every country. Pull up the f@cking drawbridge and call Trump's builders.

I hope, Ireally hope the Kingspan is completely empty next week.
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Id guess Hendo is gutted/furious. His best mate has been sacked.
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

Crusoe wrote:The only drawback with that is the three Ireland players we have - I wonder what Hendo and Best think of all this?

Other than that a great idea. FOIRFU. I wouldn't care if we were getting hidings off the likes of well, practically every country. Pull up the f@cking drawbridge and call Trump's builders.

I hope, Ireally hope the Kingspan is completely empty next week.
Hendy played like an angry man tonight.

I don't imagine Rory enjoyed it much either, he certainly didn't look happy.
Blackskulllad
Novice

Post by Blackskulllad »

Regardless of who is on the pitch the stadium has to be empty. Best and Hendo could become disgruntled and cause trouble in d4 and set the world cup bid off course.

I'd be happy with that now
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

I wont be going next week either btw.
Blackskulllad
Novice

Post by Blackskulllad »

I can't open a thread yet due I guess to lack of posts. Can someone please start one entitled empty ravenhill?
richardt84
Novice

Post by richardt84 »

If, as expected with the team sheets, Edinburgh win tomorrow it will make it a lot easier for a boycott to happen. Realistically when the statement is out it is too late to make a difference but long term I hope the IRFU and the Ulster Branch realise the mistake they have made in backing a vocal Twitter brigade (with no interest in rugby) when compared with those who pour money in to Ulster each week.
Columbo
Squire

Post by Columbo »

I’m not going.... never intend to darken the door of the place again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
..one more thing
thewaterboy
Novice

Post by thewaterboy »

Totally gutted tonight.

Simply cannot believe the hate mob and twisted Dublin media have won. The press and their reporting of the case need to shoulder as much blame for this as the IRFU and BoI. It became a witch hunt from Day 1 and the whole thing gained huge momentum.

I’m finished with UR - not a club worth supporting
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

I have often stated my absolute contempt for the spineless IRFU and despite my bullish statements here over the last few weeks I always had a nagging doubt that they had the guts to stand up to the pressure.
When I read Baggy's statement during the week, my heart sank a little as I am aware of the quality of his sources and could read the writing on the wall. Nevertheless I kept plugging for a happy outcome which I still believe would have been achievable had the IRFU been populated with anything other than a lily-livered shower of cowards who are worthy only of contempt.
During the time when this site was down this evening I wrote to Mr Logan to express my disgust and "tender my resignation" as a season ticket holder.
I can't quite work out if that is the right thing to do, but at the moment it's the only thing I can do. The thought of renewing my season ticket is something I am currently unwilling to countenance. There were 23 guys who took to the pitch tonight, in the knowledge that their mates had been royally shafted. Do I turn my back on them too and cut off my nose to spite my face? Supporting a team shouldn't be this difficult, should it?
I'm going to have to let my ire subside before I can make a decision that is not knee-jerk.
The thought of rocking up next Saturday to stand at my usual spot makes me want to puke.
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Criminal offence to throw an Ireland jersey on the pitch?