So what now?

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

So what now?

Post by jean valjean »

If as it seems the two players have been given the heave ho, how do we as supporters respond? Do we boycott? Silent protest, dump season tickets in predefined place (will be last game anyway)?

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Re: So what now?

Post by Wee Woman »

The decision has been made and nothing we can do will reverse it. Hell, even our Teflon CEO has made it clear he's going nowhere.

They have no respect for us as fans, we are just 'consumers'.

Season Ticket holders are nowhere near as important as sponsors either and they are cocky enough to believe that those of who walk over this will be easily replaced.

The only way to make a point to these ignoramuses is to vote with your feet and not to renew season tickets.

They'll get the message eventually when the bank balance starts decreasing.
Blackskulllad
Novice

Post by Blackskulllad »

A stand has to be made. If a serious effort is made to cut gate revenue at ravenhill the irfu will have to put their hand I their pocket. I for one will not pay for another ticket after tonight.

I have followed the forum closely recently and am hugely disappointed at the reports.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

they won't give a brad pitt about the 4 hard core supporters who will have the balls to actually do something... they will try and ride it out and hope all the newbie supporters will keep coming no matter what...

The best thing they could be taught would be to see a few hundred and no more at the Glasgow game because that is the only way supporters will be able to let that ass wipe of a CEO and the BoI know what they are..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Blackskulllad
Novice

Post by Blackskulllad »

How hard would it be for a new independent Ulster Branch to be born. Where people who supported the irfu support Ulster and there local clubs instead. I for one am ashamed to say I've never watched a Banbridge game
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

Nothing. It is over.

Watching Ulster on a Friday night is a pleasure activity for me. I don't find any pleasure in watching 2 young men be bullied and out of a job by hypocritical sponsors and a mob.

I take great joy in watching the likes of Matty Rea, Henderson and Best perform well. Ulster men to the core, but I am finished with Ulster rugby for the foreseeable future. The CEO obviously doesn't care about the likes of myself or any other match goer, given we have yet to hear from him this season, apart from that video he posted online.

Irish rugby and their sponsors will manage perfectly well without my support.

Pro rugby stinks.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Start one of those petitions calling on UR to renounce BOI as a sponsor.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Blackskulllad
Novice

Post by Blackskulllad »

Cockatrice it would be great to see that. Surely if a small band of protesters turned up tonight a much larger group of suftumers could mount a protest at the Glasgow game
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

Dave wrote:Start one of those petitions calling on UR to renounce BOI as a sponsor.
Won't make an iota of difference. The last one worked out well didn't it?
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

The stadium was embarrassing tonight, half empty. feck 'em, empty for Glasgow game would be good. Feel sorry for the players staying, they'd be better finding an employer that repsects you.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Dharper
Steward

Post by Dharper »

Emails and tweets to BOI with a few home truths, and close accounts.

The tongues have been bitten for long enough, now the gloves are off.
Boycott the home game against Glasgow, the functions, the merchandise.

Make no mistake those lads have been driven from their homeland for employment.

SUFTUM?....well who stood up for Paddy and Stu?.....feck cowards the lot of them. I can’t help but feel the vitriol just wouldn’t have been as much if the incident happened 100miles south.

For what.... some stupid male bravado comments on a private chat group? Absolute disgrace.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Blackskulllad wrote:Cockatrice it would be great to see that. Surely if a small band of protesters turned up tonight a much larger group of suftumers could mount a protest at the Glasgow game
It probably won't happen but my advice would be to stay away and let them see what it is like to have no bar sales, no food sales and 250 people inside... that won't happen because we don't have it in us and its not the Ulster Way.. If this is true some of us predicted it a while back including the sponsors applying pressure and the CEO rubbing his hands waiting and that this day couldn't come quick enough..

AN EMPTY STADIUM ON THE BBC NEXT WEEK .... it is the only way..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Blackskulllad
Novice

Post by Blackskulllad »

It has to happen...

I'm not on Facebook can people get the message out. Spread far and wide by the same tools used by the 'concerned fans?'
outsider
Novice

Post by outsider »

Since the notice of the rearranged fixture, it was on my plans to fly over next weekend and catch the game. I haven't committed because of the uncertainty over the review. If the two/three? are pushed out, then I'm also out.

If it is down to the sponsors, I am even more disgusted. As a former BOI employee, I know what level of in appropriate content was being sent via the corporate email, and it was much worse than anything in the Whatsapp thread.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Someone who isn't band from the URSC page get on it please.

We are a bit of a bubble in here, get the word out.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999