Read between the lines

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Re: Read between the lines

Post by rumncoke »

The statement from the IRFU is so bald of facts or reasons and why use the word revoked rather than terminated.

The problem for the players in any legal action is the fact that they don’t play for a club they play and represent the controlling body of the sport in Ireland .

Secondly any legal case against the IRFU would definitely close the door on any future in Irish Rugby and block any participation in the game in the home nations .

My bitterness on the decision is based on the fact that the decision is badly timed and sends out the wrong message that the IRFU no longer own the game and at the mercy of sponsors and social media .

Thus any player who falls foul of social media could have their contracts terminated .

Personally I consider the IRFU would have been better to have stated that in the current climate of abuse directed at their players it has been mutually agreed to revoke their contracts in order that the players may pursue they careers in peace away from pressure and media victimisation .

Maybe, just maybe , that is the truth but if so it should have been announced that way.

The IRFU and Ulster have given out the wrong message .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

The boys are financially vulnerable and have therefore been taken advantage of. Kind of ironic.

The IRFU knew they would accept a payoff and ability to start earning again straight away as they are broke.

Sent from my Swift 2 Plus using Tapatalk
Columbo
Squire

Post by Columbo »

Cockatrice wrote:
I have read here repeatedly that Winters & Co will destroy the IRFU if they dared to not take the players back well guess what it has happened as some of us here have suggested... my take on Paddy's statement was he was fully resigned to the fact and understand that he had done wrong so I don't see any big legal battle or Sports Arbitration Council involvement coming soon.

So what next...
sorry just to be clear, I said repeatedly that the IRFU wouldn’t be able to terminate their contracts - that any parting of ways would have to be consensual, and would come with a price tag. Which it did. This is why the statement refers to a ‘revocation’ of the contracts, not termination. It’s also why the guys have got massive payouts...

So as part of the settlement they will have agreed to waive their rights to take any further action etc, so there certainly won’t be any follow-up from the players.

I was just expecting the IRFU to manage their sponsors better, and realise the daft ness of paying their second best 10 a fortune to go and play for another club. But no, we’re an injury away from Carberry starting in the World Cup...
..one more thing
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

The fact that Andy Ward's son has accepted a place at another academy speaks volumes as to the state of UR.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Listen guys time for unity and strength in one voice....

This site accommodates the lunatic few but what is important is that every fans makes a small point by not attending the next match whatever your view is in the long run... There will be some that will stick to their guns and don't go back but I would put a caveat on that and tie it to the removal of the CEO.. He may have played no part in any of this but he needs to go..

Time to STAND UP FOR THE ULSTERMAN..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

He needs to go because Ulster need a CEO (and a head coach) who in exceptional circumstances are prepared to draw a line in the sand and say back me or sack me.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall