Season Ticket Renewal

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Season Ticket Renewal

Post by Russ »

Amiga500 wrote:
bangorboy wrote:You've got to wonder from a sponsor perspective how you'd feel about going from 100k+ per week watching on free to air v maybe 10k + on PPV.
I'd feel like I'd be looking to renegotiate my signage sponsorship fee down by ~90%.
Wonder if that goes on Logan or new CEO P&L?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

https://www.rugbypass.com/news/truth-ul ... -finances/

Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Yeah we're fcuked....

FIRFU

Day 137
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Neil Best is a root.

Surplus last year of 1/4 million. How many pro rugby teams turned a profit last year?

Wonder did he pen that using the purple warrior he was caught with in his room on away trips.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

UlsterNo9 wrote:Neil Best is a root.

Surplus last year of 1/4 million. How many pro rugby teams turned a profit last year?

Wonder did he pen that using the purple warrior he was caught with in his room on away trips.
I like him

Aird
Squire

Post by Aird »

Neil Best seems to be a very balanced bloke with a chip on both shoulders when it comes to Ulster.
Scrum9 is dead right you could count the number of Professional Clubs with a surplus on the fingers of one hand and probably still have spare fingers. To take Wasps as an example is luughable as they have been hovering on the brink of going under and unable to meet their debt commitments without re-organising the debt.
bangorboy
Steward

Post by bangorboy »

I think we only turned a profit because we were so crap we had to have a playoff which was not planned or expected which must have brought in a couple of hundred grand.

Added to that we were helped by the increased revenue from SA teams entering, so take those two factors out and the underlying position is not so good...
Nevin Spence - Forever an Ulsterman
nonplussed
Warrior Chief

Post by nonplussed »

Best is a bitter bellend trying desperately to stay relevant.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

bangorboy wrote:

I think we only turned a profit because we were so crap we had to have a playoff which was not planned or expected which must have brought in a couple of hundred grand.

Added to that we were helped by the increased revenue from SA teams entering, so take those two factors out and the underlying position is not so good...
BangorBay I don't often congratulate you but today is your red letter day - take a thumbs up. :thumleft:

There is no longer a war chest, barring the few out of date coins I mentioned yesterday, the surplus was a huge bonus, a loss was budgeted, the surplus coming from a percentage of the success enjoyed by Leinster & Ireland with the clean sweep of trophies. Before the season started, we spunked the SA money on Leali'ifano so it was a wholly unexpected and welcome bonus that the actions of others saved our financial bacon.

That clearly cannot be relied upon year on year. Most significantly was the drop off in home gates of 1500 on the previous season, if that is repeated and crowds sink as they did in both Leinster & Munster whilst both were still clearly more successful than Ulster then counting the pennies at Ravenhill will 1) be easier & 2) be ever more important, indeed you could see cases of "why did we let him go?" occurring on an increasing basis.

Anyone see Bryn talking about the need to produce our own? If you think that is just a case of let's play Ulstermen, you are an idiot, it is, of course, a financial imperative.

It's simple, even without access to the accounts I can tell you that the cost of player retention has increased significantly in the last few seasons, whilst the liberty to spend that the huge increase in attendances after the refit allowed has now been eroded by other increased costs, whilst we have already sold off the assets, rather in the style of that stupid old bitch Thatcher who sold the social housing stock at a stupidly low cost (any yet many here still think she was a genius :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: ) plus of course the nationalised industry so her mates could become even richer, and like that stupid old bat, there comes a time when you have nothing left to sell and, in keeping with her stupidity, the Ulster's cows come home to roost. :duh:

Rugby these days is a tough sell, the 6Ns can't find a sponsor, the HC is still bereft of cash and Ravenhill hasn't a square foot left to use as advertising space, though of course the big screens, so beloved of BR, could be used to push products when tries are scored rather than replay the try. :roll:

Those of you thinking all is well because Leinster & Ireland made us a profit are singularly unable to see past the end of your kneb, certainly no further than your knob. Dullards.

In the words of Bobby Zimmerman, a hard rain is gonna fall. Dan has a job and a half to turn things around before we go broke. A 15000 crowd is no longer a moneyspinner, it's what is required.

Capiche motherfu@kers?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Ahh c’mon now Baggy, now that Tayto Cheese’n’Onion are back...oh wait, we make feck all outta that
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Dharper
Steward

Post by Dharper »

Interesting to see you can buy tickets for UR home Euro games. As I’m back over visiting family after Xmas, I’ve just bought 2 for the Racing92 game in Jan....they’re clearly desperate to get the money in the coffers early. I’d be interested to see whether there’d be an uplift in attendance/sales once Logan goes. How UR can push the “let’s move on from last yr” argument while SL is still in place is deluded, he’s supposed to be leaving now. It’ll be very telling what the attendance is sat, SL needs to move on before the fans will. :red:
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Isn’t today his last? I really hope it is.
Ethel will be into Skinner’s Bakery as soon as the door opens to collect a wee Date’n’Walnut cake and six Potato Apple.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Ethel
Novice

Post by Ethel »

Tender wrote:Isn’t today his last? I really hope it is.
Ethel will be into Skinner’s Bakery as soon as the door opens to collect a wee Date’n’Walnut cake and six Potato Apple.
I made a nice carrot cake, Logan’s favourite, he was telling me the other day as he stood over me signing his Best Wishes And Sorry you are leaving card , that he was the first person ever to make such a cake.

The card was pretty impressive and I am sure it will be used as a character reference for his next job as not one member of the branch failed to sign it, even the dead came back, he is so loved.

Anyways, I saw white smoke coming from the Comittee Room chimney with Cecil claiming they have elected a new fool or tool , my old hearing is starting to go.
Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cozy, doesn't try it on.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Was in a bakery yesterday and all cakes were marked at 50p, except for one marked at £1.

I said why is that one £1 and all the others 50p?
The baker said well thats madeira cake
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

In these straitened times, I wonder how many thousands of pounds have been squandered paying Terry to tend his cabbages, when they could have sacked him, cited innumerable cogent reasons for his performance failures and no ST carrying judge would have sided with Terry purely on the basis that he is a pure and utter shitebax.

Can anyone actually confirm that this is his last day of gainful employment at UR? No guesswork now, ya hear? I want the true bill, le vrai Guillaume, God's honest truth, no messin', capiche?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.