Season Ticket Renewal

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Season Ticket Renewal

Post by Russ »

Jackie Brown wrote:
Dave wrote:Don't renew. Spend the money on a trip to France.
That's what we are planning on doing. Either Perpignan v Montpellier or a Perpignan game and a Montpellier game on the same weekend with a wee trip up the French Riviera. FIRFU

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
PM me when fixtures out
I'll be down for that

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
stev1eG
Novice

Post by stev1eG »

Interesting...Being as good as my word, I went in today to buy 2 new season tickets given recent announcements. Can UR really have sold out much of the stadium? I looked to get my old seats back and took the risk they would be gone...but there are very few/no pairs of seats around them (Memorial Stand) and, other areas are very limited (there is no way I'm going into the Family Stand!)? Is this some PR/marketing/OPEC strategy to artificially manipulate supply? Ah well, I took the risk, so looks like I cannot buy any tickets for next year so will not the be there (and I'm not interested in buying anothter TV subscription). Is this a goodbye, or will additional seats be released?
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

East Terrace Season tickets renewed today for me and junior. £255 each. Slainte.
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

UR are making a fortune out of these late renewals. £35 quid extra if you didn't avail of the loyalty discount for a terrace ticket.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Was there maybe some sort of waiting list for transfers in the stands? Would that mean that seats have been set aside until they get a confirmation?

Always the risk for those with stand STs not renewing. I can understand why people reluctantly renewed. For us on the terrace and prom, we only risk losing the 35 quid or whatever, should they manage to change our minds.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
promenader 2
Initiate

Post by promenader 2 »

stev1eG wrote:Interesting...Being as good as my word, I went in today to buy 2 new season tickets given recent announcements. Can UR really have sold out much of the stadium? I looked to get my old seats back and took the risk they would be gone...but there are very few/no pairs of seats around them (Memorial Stand) and, other areas are very limited (there is no way I'm going into the Family Stand!)? Is this some PR/marketing/OPEC strategy to artificially manipulate supply? Ah well, I took the risk, so looks like I cannot buy any tickets for next year so will not the be there (and I'm not interested in buying anothter TV subscription). Is this a goodbye, or will additional seats be released?
I renewed for the Memorial Stand in the loyalty period. When they opened up the upgrade period a couple of weeks later I logged on and had a look, as I wouldn't have minded shifting to slightly better seats in the same stand. There was nothing at all available, just the odd single seat dotted about, and that was two or three weeks ago.
nonplussed
Warrior Chief

Post by nonplussed »

Admit it lads, those threatening not to renew for whatever reason are few. The machine is being sufficiently fed and moves on relentlessly.

Go join your local club if you haven't already

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk
GUBU
Novice

Post by GUBU »

promenader 2 wrote:
stev1eG wrote:Interesting...Being as good as my word, I went in today to buy 2 new season tickets given recent announcements. Can UR really have sold out much of the stadium? I looked to get my old seats back and took the risk they would be gone...but there are very few/no pairs of seats around them (Memorial Stand) and, other areas are very limited (there is no way I'm going into the Family Stand!)? Is this some PR/marketing/OPEC strategy to artificially manipulate supply? Ah well, I took the risk, so looks like I cannot buy any tickets for next year so will not the be there (and I'm not interested in buying anothter TV subscription). Is this a goodbye, or will additional seats be released?
I renewed for the Memorial Stand in the loyalty period. When they opened up the upgrade period a couple of weeks later I logged on and had a look, as I wouldn't have minded shifting to slightly better seats in the same stand. There was nothing at all available, just the odd single seat dotted about, and that was two or three weeks ago.
I assume that they have to hold a percentage of seats in each section (is it 25%?) for away supporters, so these seats can't be sold for the season but may well be available for individual games.
“It was a bizarre happening, an unprecedented situation, a grotesque situation, an almost unbelievable mischance.”
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Seats are held in the 2 end sections of the main stand, the remainder of seats held are in Memorial and Family so assume more than 25% of them are kept back, I noticed a few pairs of seats in main Grand stand last week but perhaps they are gone
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Season tickets green this year a deliberate IRFU tactic?
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

UlsterNo9 wrote:Season tickets green this year a deliberate IRFU tactic?
I'll take your word for it ke-mo sah-bee.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

UlsterNo9 wrote:Season tickets green this year a deliberate IRFU tactic?
Funny. I've got a wee purple wan >EW
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Fortyniner
Novice

Post by Fortyniner »

Maybe purple ones are so the stewards know who to keep an eye on! :lol:
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

nonplussed wrote:Admit it lads, those threatening not to renew for whatever reason are few. The machine is being sufficiently fed and moves on relentlessly.

Go join your local club if you haven't already

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk
Well I haven't and wont even contemplate it until a CEO I have faith in is in place. Last years was returned cut in two with a covering letter explaining why: FIRFU, Loagan and the PJ/ SO betrayal.
Planning the away trips though- Weegies, Embra, Leicester etc all on the list. RDS or Aviva will not see a penny of mine though.
I'll move on when I think the damage has been repaired as much as it can be, trust rebuilt and UR deserves my hard earned money again. I may be some time.....
Exterminate all rational thought
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Day 120. Lest we move on.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?