Ulster Rugbys hour of need

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Ulster Rugbys hour of need

Post by Snipe Watson »

Cornerfleg wrote:Before the #icantbelueveitsnotbutter circus, i had made my mind up not to renew my ST. The reason... The standard of entertainment is shyte. There's very little about a night out at Ravers now that resembles the team and community that brought me here in the first place.

The whole ballix of this season, the Ruan disaster and the revolving door coach policy has just left me flat... disillusioned and feeling the whole set up is a pathetic waste of my time.

Im sure ill buy the odd ticket if results or effort pick up.... If i become convinced theres a team here who are serious about playing and actually field people who i could feel proud supporting.

But all these agendas, fault finding, apologists for indecent behaviour, apologists for lying tarts, chills me and until that changes ive no interest in hurrying back.
Yea, just you think of yourself. Who am I going to bellyache to if you're not there? Eh?

:duh: Oh aye.... I'll not be there either. :roll:
thewaterboy
Novice

Post by thewaterboy »

The two innocent men must be supported by their employer and reinstated immediately rather than bowing to the pressure of a hardline minority or this isn’t a club worth supporting.

If they are dismissed (and after the expulsion of Pienaar last year), this isn’t a club that matches my personal values so I’ll support my local club instead and won’t be attending Ravenhill again.
:red: SUFTUM :red:
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Interestingly snipe it was not my petition but one which the author spoke to me about. At the time I challanged him to go ahead suggesting he would be lucky to get 100 signatures because we at UR either talk the talk or have accepted we have an ass in charge and are content to trundle on ..

The challenge will cost me a bottle of Bush but what the hell we all have sacificices to make unless falling on ones sword for others is considered a sacifice...

Soon we will not be able to bang on about how shyte we are because it too will be old news and harped on about to death..

For the record I give up being a season ticket holder and I feel no less a supporter one able to pick and choose his matches as well as who he stands beside.. UR doesn’t and indeed hasn’t give a feck about me for some time and I don’t lose much if any sleep about it anyhow..the sooner they get taught a lesson the better for them
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

thewaterboy wrote:The two innocent men must be supported by their employer and reinstated immediately rather than bowing to the pressure of a hardline minority or this isn’t a club worth supporting.

If they are dismissed (and after the expulsion of Pienaar last year), this isn’t a club that matches my personal values so I’ll support my local club instead and won’t be attending Ravenhill again.
You mean the two men who are innocent of any charges of rape or sexual assault.

They are being investigated by their employer for a related but separate issue of being irresponsible and immature idiots on social media. I'm fairly convinced than on these counts, they are guilty as charged.

The #bayingmob are conflating the two issues, we shouldn't.
rocky
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rocky »

I was happy to support the team through the good times so I think I should be prepared to do the same through the crap times as well (even in Siberia :shock: ) :fleg:
Bo***cks to Brexit
thewaterboy
Novice

Post by thewaterboy »

Innocent of committing any offence or of breaking any legal requirement in this country
:red: SUFTUM :red:
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

thewaterboy wrote:
Innocent of committing any offence or of breaking any legal requirement in this country
Yup, that's them.
Just wasn't sure that you fully appreciated that the IRFU are not investigating any criminality whatsoever. Just rank stupidity. :thumleft:
Jockster
Squire

Post by Jockster »

What would Rory, Jacob or Ian do?
I saw enough tonight from this team that they care as much as me.
Bring Humph On!!
Squire

Post by Bring Humph On!! »

rocky wrote:I was happy to support the team through the good times so I think I should be prepared to do the same through the crap times as well (even in Siberia :shock: ) :fleg:
I’ll 2nd that. Tickets renewed for 2 yrs ... not bad value I thought.

Personnel changes are going to take place according to Brynn. The background noise is unwanted at the moment but it’ll blow over.
"But going forward, at Ulster Rugby, one thing will never change. As long as this great club exists, the person and the player, Nevin Spence, will never be forgotten."

IF!!! ..... I CAN DO NOTHING WITH IF!!
Ulster71
Novice

Post by Ulster71 »

Rocky, that’s the second time you have posted in recent weeks stating your unfailing support to the team ,through good times & bad etc etc . That is much easier to say & do when you are not using your own hard earned cash but instead benefiting from seats in the box & a car parking space .
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Cockatrice wrote:There are only 90 something prepared to sign a free petition calling on Logan to go.. so doubt it and I understand season tickets sales are flying.

Cockers it’s a wee while back but that site you used as a stumbling block for me. From memory it wanted information from me that I was not prepared to give, hence I supported your petition but did no sign it.

I would certainly throw in £20 to respond to that utter crap today, indeed I’d love to write a response. I’m fücking itching to write a response.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
rocky
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rocky »

I don't know who you are, Ulster 71.
If you are like me, you will be giving up a lot of your time as a club rep on the Branch committee, a member of the rugby committee, a member of the disciplinary committee, a chair of a subcommittee (Medical), a member of the Medical Advisory committee of the IRFU, a member of the development subcommittee of the Medical Advisory committee of the IRFU, and a fan who spends a lot of his own money going to away matches in the Champions Cup to support Ulster.
In addition, a person who has followed Ulster at Ravenhill and all over Ireland for more than forty years and who has given a commitment to club rugby in Ulster for the same length of time, at least.
In addition, I have driven all over Ulster speaking and teaching about medical issues in rugby and organising education seminars for club doctors and physios for years.
If you think you can say that you have done something similar, you have some kind of case. If you haven't, then all I can say to you is Fu*k off into the night.
And, I don't give a sh1t what you say about me, I'll still be at Ravenhill, Leicester, Thomond, RDS, Sportsground, Bath, Exeter, Northampton, Castres, Montpellier, Toulouse, Toulon, Bordeaux, La Rochelle, Oyonnax, Twickenham and Lansdowne Road supporting my team.
Bo***cks to Brexit
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Nicely said Rocky, the man is clearly a fückhead, never saw yo7 as livid ould hand. I think I can reasonably conclude that very few can match you “chops” as a contributor to Rugby in Ulster and certainly you have no need to justify yourself to a clown. >clapping

Right, I’ll come clean, I have renewed my ST, it was not a formality, but without being explicit, my renewal will not cost me a penny and will supply my closest relative with a hugely discounted ST. I will almost certainly not be at Spanners in the next season, maybe once or twice at most, so passing on my benefit was easy, paying nothing to FIRFU/UR was a joy. I’m more likely to see a few of you somewhere in Europe.

I’m still doubtful of returning next season, should Monday bring a decisions to gas the two lads. I’m very conflicted at present, I attended the Aviva last Sunday and still feel dirty for having done so. It confirmed my hatred of Mexicans.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Ulster71 wrote:Rocky, that’s the second time you have posted in recent weeks stating your unfailing support to the team ,through good times & bad etc etc . That is much easier to say & do when you are not using your own hard earned cash but instead benefiting from seats in the box & a car parking space .
I think you may be barking up the wrong tree pal. In fact I know you are.
There are plenty of people on this board who enjoy a bit of trash talk and are fair game for taking a swipe at, but Rocky is categorically not not one of them. He is a gentleman and I am offended on his behalf.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Ulster71 wrote:Rocky, that’s the second time you have posted in recent weeks stating your unfailing support to the team ,through good times & bad etc etc . That is much easier to say & do when you are not using your own hard earned cash but instead benefiting from seats in the box & a car parking space .
I was going to comment but waited for the hand grenade that you deserved for this :lol: :lol: :lol:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best