Ulster Rugbys hour of need

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

stickinout
Warrior Chief

Re: Ulster Rugbys hour of need

Post by stickinout »

jean valjean wrote:
Rooster wrote:
Cracker wrote:I totally agree horslips. Your comment that "fairness and justice has left the field some time ago" sums it all up and the stupid front page in todays Belfast Telegraph ( irrespective of what it says inside) giving publicity to the moaners sums it all up. When I saw it I threw the paper down and will not buy the Telegraph again until fairness and justice are more fully reflected. I would call on those who crowd funded the the advert not to hide behind the advert but to disclose their names.
There you are, work away
https://www.gofundme.com/noplaceonarugbyfield
2 grand for an add. Are there 100 Ulster supporters willing to put 20 quid in for a reply ad?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
I think a better response would be to fill the stands at the next home match, show your solidarity. Do what fans do, support. Don't lower yourself to reply to a spineless anonymous charlatan advert, posted by a small group pretending to be Irish/Ulster rugby fans . It'll only be used on the fish suppers come tamorra anyways.

SUFTUM
Ulster71
Novice

Post by Ulster71 »

Clubs all over rely on volunteers to help them survive & thrive & yes I have willingly & happily given my time in the past & will again in the future when my family circumstances permit.
Imo there is a cabal in UR who appear to have a sense of self entitlement & if you feel
that doesn’t apply to you Rocky that’s fine , but I , along with with many others , have to budget accordingly if I renew my ST & that is part of my frustration . I await the judgement from D4 with bated breath.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:There are only 90 something prepared to sign a free petition calling on Logan to go.. so doubt it and I understand season tickets sales are flying.

Cockers it’s a wee while back but that site you used as a stumbling block for me. From memory it wanted information from me that I was not prepared to give, hence I supported your petition but did no sign it.

I would certainly throw in £20 to respond to that utter crap today, indeed I’d love to write a response. I’m fücking itching to write a response.
baggy.. as I had to advise snipe I know the author but it was not me... I told him he would have trouble and I have been proved right because despite what you say I would guess that 90% of supporters no longer give a toss about the non Colonel but also that 90% of those wouldn't say boo to him if he stood face to face with them.. I do agree there was some requirement to put in contact details but at the same time I don't appear to have been hounded with spam so there must have been an opt in opt out box somewhere...

I don't see the need to pay £20 to respond to the advert because if the URSC would repeat what it has said here to the news stations it would run for free... the fact that it comes from the Official Supporters Club through a statement and that would address the issue that the ad has come from so-called concerned fans.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

stickinout wrote:
jean valjean wrote:
Rooster wrote:
Cracker wrote:I totally agree horslips. Your comment that "fairness and justice has left the field some time ago" sums it all up and the stupid front page in todays Belfast Telegraph ( irrespective of what it says inside) giving publicity to the moaners sums it all up. When I saw it I threw the paper down and will not buy the Telegraph again until fairness and justice are more fully reflected. I would call on those who crowd funded the the advert not to hide behind the advert but to disclose their names.
There you are, work away
https://www.gofundme.com/noplaceonarugbyfield
2 grand for an add. Are there 100 Ulster supporters willing to put 20 quid in for a reply ad?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
I think a better response would be to fill the stands at the next home match, show your solidarity. Do what fans do, support. Don't lower yourself to reply to a spineless anonymous charlatan advert, posted by a small group pretending to be Irish/Ulster rugby fans . It'll only be used on the fish suppers come tamorra anyways.

SUFTUM
Correct the place needs filled for the next 2 weeks and any demonstrators just need ignored at the gates, they hate being ignored, if you can't ignore them be pleasant to them, they don't like that either. They want a reaction and if they don't get one they have a failed demonstration.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Indeed Rooster, although I may shake hands with one or two and welcome them to Ravenhill.
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

But then what would they get outraged about!!!!

Anyway, is the Glasgow match sold out? No tickets available on the UR website?
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

*Ospreys match
jackthelad
Warrior Chief

Post by jackthelad »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Ulster71 wrote:Rocky, that’s the second time you have posted in recent weeks stating your unfailing support to the team ,through good times & bad etc etc . That is much easier to say & do when you are not using your own hard earned cash but instead benefiting from seats in the box & a car parking space .
I think you may be barking up the wrong tree pal. In fact I know you are.
There are plenty of people on this board who enjoy a bit of trash talk and are fair game for taking a swipe at, but Rocky is categorically not not one of them. He is a gentleman and I am offended on his behalf.
Well saids Snipe. 100% It's guys like Rocky that are what rugby is about.
Smear me in chocolate and throw me to the Lesbians.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

He even drinks in the bar with the rest of the plebs.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
jackthelad
Warrior Chief

Post by jackthelad »

Rooster wrote:He even drinks in the bar with the rest of the plebs.
He's a true hero. >you_rock Having moved away from N.I. - just over 14 months now - I miss Ravenhill and the games and a few pints with the great washed (sic) would go down well. I have a good life here but...............at least I don't have to listen to that feckin' band.... >elvis
Smear me in chocolate and throw me to the Lesbians.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Snipe Watson wrote:Indeed Rooster, although I may shake hands with one or two and welcome them to Ravenhill.
Ensure it's in broad daylight, you have witnesses, the shake is limp and McIlroy is not lining up behind you for a shake.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

UlsterNo9 wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:Indeed Rooster, although I may shake hands with one or two and welcome them to Ravenhill.
Ensure it's in broad daylight, you have witnesses, the shake is limp and McIlroy is not lining up behind you for a shake.
And whatever you do don't grab them by the ar$e or say nice t1ts to any of them :shock: >jawdrop
Rory Best
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Video everything at that protest
Cant be too careful

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Russ wrote:Video everything at that protest
Cant be too careful

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
you can always delete it afterwards...
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

am I right in thinking that Paddy made no mention of Ulster Rugby in his statement