OPEN LETTER TO FIRFU & UR

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

stickinout
Warrior Chief

Re: OPEN LETTER TO FIRFU & UR

Post by stickinout »

Has any jouro come out with a story of this witch hunt that is going on? Or support for the two lads based on evidence from the court case?

Yet again, breen's "facts" and opinion do not include the fact that a female witness saw what was going on in the room? That whole article is biased by her opinion that the lads are guilty and the woman is a victim.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

stickinout wrote:Has any jouro come out with a story of this witch hunt that is going on? Or support for the two lads based on evidence from the court case?

Yet again, breen's "facts" and opinion do not include the fact that a female witness saw what was going on in the room? That whole article is biased by her opinion that the lads are guilty and the woman is a victim.
She just wants to get in on the story before it runs out of momentum.
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

Cockatrice wrote:
stickinout wrote:
Gerald the Mole wrote:Baggy, I hate to correct you, but Craig’s text was just that , a text message not part of the closed WhatsApp group, that misleading information came from the numpty of the PPS, they give him no anominyty or protection and threw him to the baying pack of witch’s , again you have to ask why, I have no doubt there were other players in the group, I wonder if AA or JE will come forward and put their hand up, maybe not as we may be short a few more players this weekend I know the players read this so here it is.

Guys, time to stand up, time=to speak up tell your employer enough is enough, your moral must be an all time low, I believe in a simple business mantra, “you look after your staff, they look after your business” the man that is suppose to lead you is not what he claims but a fool who is still not leading , one=would almost think that someone has stopped his public speaking because they are now aware of his credibility issue, players I urge just one of you to challenge him .

Ulster Rugby is a house of cards and the big man above cannot even save it.

I have spoke with many fans many will not be renewing for the following reasons
1. Logan does not resign
2. Any players are sacked or move with mutual consent
3. Non Champioship Rugby

Me will I renew, no, simple fact is that Rugby is no longer enjoyable at Kingspan, I hate the experience, I hate the rugby played, I hate Logan.

You may be happy with the fans that you entice with trinkets and sparkles, these same fans are just that fans, they will move at the drop of a hat to the next event, you have lost the support , the supporters who have been there for a long time, enough is enough.
Top post. Maybe it's time for those players and the squad in general to force the hand of their employers and threaten industrial action or at least register their discontent with all this nonsense? I'm only being half facetious when writing this. If i was AT, i wouldn't have CG being singled out, if i was also involved in the group/texting, i'd be letting them know. In fact, all involved should let them know and also let them know that the squad want that to be the end of it. Fair enough SO and PJ getting a review , but this other nonsense needs to stop.

Logan isn't showing any kind of backbone you'd expect of someone who has gone through Sandhurst. Where's the leadership? He's reminding me more of Blackadder Series 1 on a daily basis. Covering his own skin, not saying much, not backing his players.

Gone thru Sandhurst.... Did you hear the one about a LT that had his contract terminated a few weeks into Sandhurst...
Fair enough, it's good to have these details pointed out. Wonder how he papered over that bump on the old CV? :salut:
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

Snipe Watson wrote:
stickinout wrote:Has any jouro come out with a story of this witch hunt that is going on? Or support for the two lads based on evidence from the court case?

And no journo so far, has had the minerals to put their head above the parapet, and have the # crowd come down on them!
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

The woman is a victim of the PPS and PSNI, she went to court with them probably on the suggestion that they had a good case which should result in conviction while at the same time the evidence as presented in the press said to the average man and woman on the street that there was next to no chance of prosecution. In that way I feel they actually did her a great disservice in continuing with the prosecution instead of saying there really is too much conflicting evidence and dubious evidence to get a successful prosecution.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
nonplussed
Warrior Chief

Post by nonplussed »

The long and short of it is that UR and the IRFU have handled this disgracefully from the get go.

I have concluded that we now need to get rid of the justice system, government and police force and leave all moral and legal decisions to a binary twitter poll. No nuance, no context nahin.....

Oh hang on that has already happened apparently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Wouldn't it be nice if the entire professional rugby playing world did an "I am Spartacus" at this point. Can't ban them all. This is a serious issue. Not gonna happen though.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

stickinout wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:

And no journo so far, has had the minerals to put their head above the parapet, and have the # crowd come down on them!
I think the News Letter has been fairly objective.
let's not lose sight of the fact that the guys were up to some unsavoury behaviour. It wasn't illegal, but it wasn't exactly wholesome either. I expect the press to be neutral and factual.
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

Snipe Watson wrote:
stickinout wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:

I think the News Letter has been fairly objective.
let's not lose sight of the fact that the guys were up to some unsavoury behaviour. It wasn't illegal, but it wasn't exactly wholesome either. I expect the press to be neutral and factual.
Okay, Haven't seen the newsletter, will take a look. Yeah, I'm sure they're not proud of what they said, they'll learn from it and be better people.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Setanta wrote:So I have to give up the Belly Telly too! Trauerig.
I gave it up when there were better alternatives for finding a second hand motor.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Bangors
Novice

Post by Bangors »

Trial by the Court of Public Opinion is NEVER a good thing.
PJ and SO have already paid a very high price for their indiscretion -
Get them back playing in an Ulster Shirt NOW
Dharper
Steward

Post by Dharper »

Eventually it’ll turn on the police and PPS post review, whether this season or next....just a matter of time. At the moment there is still traction with the current narrative, with the review to come, still enacted suspension, and possible public protests.....all media sellers.

Although not pleasant you only have to look at stories like Madeleine McCann to see how eventually the media turn on police investigations, wasted public money etc etc.

Personally UR could do with O’Neill and Foster being caught finger banging each other to take a bit of the focus off.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Claire Bailey is loving it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

News Letter vaguely supportive.
Irish News going nuclear.
Almost like it's being turned into Norn Iron religion and politics.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Media up here would be hesitant to burn their bridges with UR (FBBC aside). Down south the media think UR is an easy Nordi target and they smell blood. They want a sacking. It is the holy grail of print media.

The english media have tried so very hard to get Corbyn sacked. He was accused of not doing enough to tackle antisemitism. Meets with jews over passover. English media: not those jews!! Sometimes you just ride the storm and ignore them.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?