Will Addison

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

skiboo
Novice

Re: Will Addison

Post by skiboo »

Conversation - Tell you what Mr Nic nack a fuia well trade you Farrell and Arnold for Munster and you can sort us out with whats his name!!!!!!!!!
I do not want to do Addison a disservice and hopefully he can come good for us but why the hell are we bringing players in now while we are still waiting for a coach, head of rugby or gods representative on earth to be appointed/sent to this dysfunctional pit.
Meanwhile two of our international players who in other jurisdictions would not have been named never mind charged are left to wallow.
What strikes me as sad is the apparent necessity for the two major parties to bring their respective lawyers to D4 and the total and absolute silence and total lack of support from current players or those most recently retired.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

skiboo wrote:Conversation - Tell you what Mr Nic nack a fuia well trade you Farrell and Arnold for Munster and you can sort us out with whats his name!!!!!!!!!
Farrell and Arnold were way down the centres list when they departed. Both left to improve their chances of game time.
I do not want to do Addison a disservice and hopefully he can come good for us but why the hell are we bringing players in now while we are still waiting for a coach, head of rugby or gods representative on earth to be appointed/sent to this dysfunctional pit.
Because he is: Irish qualified, available, 25 which is the age group we are missing and he is Sale captain. We need players, so you give a single reason why we wouldn't sign him?
Meanwhile two of our international players who in other jurisdictions would not have been named never mind charged are left to wallow.
What strikes me as sad is the apparent necessity for the two major parties to bring their respective lawyers to D4 and the total and absolute silence and total lack of support from current players or those most recently retired.
There is so much wrong with this statement :scratch: . Firstly, you don't know what support the guys are being given bu current colleagues who would be legally required not to comment publicly.
Secondly, a major review will always be taken off site to head office.
Thirdly, I know for a fact that former players have been in touch with Paddy and Stu.
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

After the day the media went nuclear and "notmycaptain" the players were warned to stay away. At least one was interested in attending from a legal perspective but in hindsight it was probably better that he stayed away. Isaac made an an appearance and Declan Fitzpatrick acted as a character witness. There was a fairly permanent Ulster presence as well, but just not a publicly known face.

I also heard there was an outpouring of relief/celebration (don't know if they are the right words!) at training after the verdict.

There has been support behind the scenes.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

By all accounts a decent player but.. who made the signing and who can we congratulate when he becomes the top try scorer in the PRO14 and forges his way into the Irish team...

We have been fed that signings take many many months even over a year so presumably this is a Kiss signing. If not the signing has come about in a few short weeks since Kiss left so can it be Jono... well for me any signing Jonno came forward with should be met with sorry but your off home so thanks but we will wait until we get a new coach in.

For me what this means is that any new coach will have little or no influence on the shape of the team in his first year in charge.. Signings already made take what you got and we will see what we can do next year.. Do we really need a Ludeik MkII well on the one hand no we already have MkI and Payne. So to me this suggests Payne is going for good coupled with losing Trimble and Bowe.

Utility backs are great you can never have enough of them. So from all accounts we will be impressed albeit he will come here having missed the best part of a year due to injuries... unfortunate ones it seems not the usual ACL.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Cockatrice wrote:By all accounts a decent player but.. who made the signing and who can we congratulate when he becomes the top try scorer in the PRO14 and forges his way into the Irish team...

We have been fed that signings take many many months even over a year so presumably this is a Kiss signing. If not the signing has come about in a few short weeks since Kiss left so can it be Jono... well for me any signing Jonno came forward with should be met with sorry but your off home so thanks but we will wait until we get a new coach in.

For me what this means is that any new coach will have little or no influence on the shape of the team in his first year in charge.. Signings already made take what you got and we will see what we can do next year.. Do we really need a Ludeik MkII well on the one hand no we already have MkI and Payne. So to me this suggests Payne is going for good coupled with losing Trimble and Bowe.

Utility backs are great you can never have enough of them. So from all accounts we will be impressed albeit he will come here having missed the best part of a year due to injuries... unfortunate ones it seems not the usual ACL.
He's a good player and a good signing. Who cares if he was a Kiss appointment? Although I'll take a punt on him being a D4 appointment.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

So D4 select our signings.. the whole talk a few weeks/months back was who is it that makes the signings and how much influence Bryn had on the process with a consensus that it was the remit of the Head Coach and that it was him that could be blamed for poor signing such as the likes of Deysel and the Hond to name two...

To me this type of signing sends out a signal to some potential new Head Coaches namely that we will select the players you just coach.. One reason why we are less likely to get a Rennie or a Cockerill type.. but then D4 will sort that again just like they did with Kiss..
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Cockatrice wrote:So D4 select our signings.. the whole talk a few weeks/months back was who is it that makes the signings and how much influence Bryn had on the process with a consensus that it was the remit of the Head Coach and that it was him that could be blamed for poor signing such as the likes of Deysel and the Hond to name two...

To me this type of signing sends out a signal to some potential new Head Coaches namely that we will select the players you just coach.. One reason why we are less likely to get a Rennie or a Cockerill type.. but then D4 will sort that again just like they did with Kiss..
Once again Cockers you are putting words in my mouth. I didn't say D4 select our signings.
I said "I'll take a punt on him being a D4 appointment". Not the same thing is it?
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

I wouldn't be surprised if Nucifora presents IQ players that he's kept tabs on to the various individuals responsible for making signings at the provinces.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

therealspratt wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if Nucifora presents IQ players that he's kept tabs on to the various individuals responsible for making signings at the provinces.
I'd agree.
Given the small pool of IQ players available, any IQ player with elite experience should and will be brought into the fold.
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

Snipe Watson wrote:
therealspratt wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if Nucifora presents IQ players that he's kept tabs on to the various individuals responsible for making signings at the provinces.
I'd agree.
Given the small pool of IQ players available, any IQ player with elite experience should and will be brought into the fold.
And in Addison we look to be signing a quality player with leadership experience, that both fills a gap in our squad and frankly isn't blocking any outstanding talents coming through behind Lyttle, because there aren't any right now in the back three.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

So what is his best starting position? and where do we see him starting.. centre, wing or full-back?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

I have no issues with us signing him

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Cockatrice wrote:So what is his best starting position? and where do we see him starting.. centre, wing or full-back?
Just hold on and I'll email Bryn to ask him.
What are you blathering about man? :scratch: :scratch:
austintranslation
Novice

Post by austintranslation »

Crusoe wrote:I don't know much about Addison; it seems a strange choice to bring in another 'utility' player but par for the course with Deysel and that other Saffer who doesn't play and so on. I dunno who's scouring the SA player-base for talent but you'd think someone would have looked at Curwin Bosch as one for the future. Watched the Blues Sharks at the weekend (admittedly under the influence) and the kid has one of the guns of Navarone in his boot; can play 10 as well as 15. And if we have to go and get a ten, we could do worse than look at Robert Du Preez from the same outfit. Outstanding kicking display and plenty of points for whoever he has played for.
And if we could get his brother, Jean Luc du Preez too...

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Dan Dare
Squire

Post by Dan Dare »

I have no problem with this signing. A good player and I am sure that they are scouring the planet far away from Lisburn for IQ players. He will be a good addition.

What does tick me off is watching Sam Arnold tearing it up against Toulon and Chris Farrell watching on. They should both still be here.