Image
Image
Image

Topics Calendar

July 2018

S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31

Who is online

In total there are 9 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 4 guests

Most users ever online was 454 on Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:04 pm

Registered users: AhrefsBot, Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], SemrushBot, YandexBot


Legend :: Administrators, Moderators

Statistics

Total posts 646394
Total topics 19000
Total members 2912
Our newest member Parga 99

Will Addison

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderators: The Fonz, Moderators

  • Advertisement

Topic Rating:
  • 2 votes
  

Will Addison

Postby Kanbei » Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:49 pm

Signed from Sale. Their club captain. Can play Centre, Wing or Full Back. Can also goal kick.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/43597065

Seems like a Payne replacement.


Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
User avatar
Kanbei
Novice
 
Posts: 170
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:55 pm

Re: Will Addison

Postby Russ » Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:53 pm

Kanbei wrote:Signed from Sale. Their club captain. Can play Centre, Wing or Full Back. Can also goal kick.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/43597065

Seems like a Payne replacement.


Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
He features heavily in the Channel 5 highlights show from Monday

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
User avatar
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 27650
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: Looking for George North's defence

Re: Will Addison

Postby Cornerfleg » Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:55 pm

<counts to 3 ... tosses grenade> Or a replacement for Stu .....



<runs away>
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
User avatar
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 11561
Images: 13
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:56 pm
Location: In Toulon ... waiting for an offer

Re: Will Addison

Postby 222toHounslow » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:00 pm

Or DC?
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
User avatar
222toHounslow
Warrior
 
Posts: 1227
Images: 0
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:05 pm

Re: Will Addison

Postby Big-al » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:12 pm

Seems a decent enough guy.

Should compliment Olding well in the midfield........
User avatar
Big-al
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 4171
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:20 am

Re: Will Addison

Postby Dave » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:27 pm

Don't think, in theory, it is a terrible signing on the face of it. He will be a squad player obviously. We have some very injury prone players and the squad lacks experience. As long as he isn't sh1t I don't mind.

https://youtu.be/iLJQsnqCpQY
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
User avatar
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 16775
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:27 pm

Re: Will Addison

Postby Cracker » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:44 pm

Read my remarks about him of the rumours page.
User avatar
Cracker
Squire
 
Posts: 640
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:46 pm

Re: Will Addison

Postby Russ » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:21 pm

Is he in the Ludik mould?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
User avatar
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 27650
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: Looking for George North's defence

Re: Will Addison

Postby Dave » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:31 pm

With him playing in Tobyland there is no excuse for UR not having taken the time to properly scout him. He isn't some unknown like a Brett Heron or yer man Windsor. He is playing regular rugby too.

The depth chart is absolutely woeful in the squad. Players who can cover the back three don't come around that often. Serious questions remain over the future of Jared Payne. That leaves Ludik as the only decent standard of fullback. On the wing we have Stockdale, Gilroy and Rob Lyttle. Trimble has been struggling for form. Lyttle seems to break every time he plays (Gilroy isn't far behind). Stockdale will be away with Ireland quite a bit. There might be players coming through but they remain untested.

The cupboard is bare.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
User avatar
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 16775
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:27 pm

Re: Will Addison

Postby Jackie Brown » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:34 pm

Dave wrote:That leaves Ludik as the only decent standard of fullback.


Nelson is a fullback.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
User avatar
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 10549
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 1:15 pm
Location: Carrickfergus

Re: Will Addison

Postby nonplussed » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:39 pm

a quality signing!
User avatar
nonplussed
Warrior Assassin
 
Posts: 1331
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:26 pm

Re: Will Addison

Postby therealspratt » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:39 pm

Jackie Brown wrote:
Dave wrote:That leaves Ludik as the only decent standard of fullback.


Nelson is a fullback.

As can be Lyttle with a bit of gametime, certainly has the boot for it.

Nelson was rather good in that run he had at 15 a season or two back when Payne was injured.
User avatar
therealspratt
Warrior Assassin
 
Posts: 1323
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:53 pm

Re: Will Addison

Postby kingofthehill » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:40 pm

Dave wrote:With him playing in Tobyland there is no excuse for UR not having taken the time to properly scout him. He isn't some unknown like a Brett Heron or yer man Windsor. He is playing regular rugby too.

The depth chart is absolutely woeful in the squad. Players who can cover the back three don't come around that often. Serious questions remain over the future of Jared Payne. That leaves Ludik as the only decent standard of fullback. On the wing we have Stockdale, Gilroy and Rob Lyttle. Trimble has been struggling for form. Lyttle seems to break every time he plays (Gilroy isn't far behind). Stockdale will be away with Ireland quite a bit. There might be players coming through but they remain untested.

The cupboard is bare.


Trimble struggling to regain form because he doesn’t get selected and when he does it’s away from Ravenhill where ulster are expected to lose.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The King is dead. Long live the King.
User avatar
kingofthehill
Warrior Chief
 
Posts: 1744
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:43 am

Re: Will Addison

Postby Russ » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:42 pm

Olding to fullback

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
User avatar
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 27650
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: Looking for George North's defence

Re: Will Addison

Postby Dave » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:48 pm

kingofthehill wrote:
Dave wrote:With him playing in Tobyland there is no excuse for UR not having taken the time to properly scout him. He isn't some unknown like a Brett Heron or yer man Windsor. He is playing regular rugby too.

The depth chart is absolutely woeful in the squad. Players who can cover the back three don't come around that often. Serious questions remain over the future of Jared Payne. That leaves Ludik as the only decent standard of fullback. On the wing we have Stockdale, Gilroy and Rob Lyttle. Trimble has been struggling for form. Lyttle seems to break every time he plays (Gilroy isn't far behind). Stockdale will be away with Ireland quite a bit. There might be players coming through but they remain untested.

The cupboard is bare.


Trimble struggling to regain form because he doesn’t get selected and when he does it’s away from Ravenhill where ulster are expected to lose.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fair chance of losing at home now too.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
User avatar
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 16775
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:27 pm

Next


  • Advertisement

Return to View frae thae Hill

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AhrefsBot, YandexBot and 2 guests

Recent Forum Topics

!-- Piwik -->