Who will decide

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Who will decide

Post by Snipe Watson »

This decision stinks and is riddled with inconsistencies as Tender points out. I may have mentioned that a despise the IRFU and their passive sectarian agenda.
I still maintain the IRFU could not sack them over the messages and lacked the intestinal fortitude to take on the screaming harridans. So, a deal was done. Paddy and Stu were told that their contracts would not be renewed beyond 2019, but the IRFU were willing to pay their 2018-2019 salaries as a settlement for agreed instant departure. It was a Texas standoff and the lads blinked.
A sordid partisan affair to bring a sorry year to an ugly end.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Russ wrote:Has Rob Kearney been sanctioned for sexually harassing a woman on video yet?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Link?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Columbo
Squire

Post by Columbo »

stickinout wrote:
jean valjean wrote:Compromise agreement then and not sacked. I hope this message gets out over the next day or two. Disgusting that the disciplinary process had not started but the outcome was already known. I hope the 2 boys have long and successful careers away from this two faced toxic society.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
The IRFU certainly didn't paint it as a compromised agreement. the way it was reported was along the lines of the IRFU have revoked their contracts. Always trying to paint themselves in a good light FIRFU. No doubt they tried to tie the lads up in all kinds of confidentiality clauses. Hopefully their lawyers steered them well.
The wording was interesting - and would have been agreed with the players as well - thus no mention of sacking, or termination, and a very short and bland statement about respect and crap. From that we can say with certainty what is obvious, ie that sufficient grounds didn’t exist for a termination...

The lads were well advised, and this actually seems like a good outcome - I certainly wouldn’t sniff at over a years salary in cash, for nothing... I hope they get a contract inked somewhere good soon, and go on to have fulfilling and remunerative careers...
..one more thing
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Proof that McIlroy was a liability...Image

Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Deraless wrote:Proof that McIlroy was a liability...Image

I have consistently asked people what was bad about pj and oldings messages
They always quote a mcilroy one

Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Mcilroy, knob
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Snipe Watson wrote:This decision stinks and is riddled with inconsistencies as Tender points out. I may have mentioned that a despise the IRFU and their passive sectarian agenda.
I still maintain the IRFU could not sack them over the messages and lacked the intestinal fortitude to take on the screaming harridans. So, a deal was done. Paddy and Stu were told that their contracts would not be renewed beyond 2019, but the IRFU were willing to pay their 2018-2019 salaries as a settlement for agreed instant departure. It was a Texas standoff and the lads blinked.
I don't think PJ/SO blinked at all.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
twiglet
Initiate

Post by twiglet »

These two young professional rugby players were banished from Ireland because of those few texts.

Isn't it good that the Ulster players have Logan to 'fight their cause'. He's an odious individual.

I still believe the only way to get rid of Logan is to show the TV audience that he is failing - empty terraces would be a start.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

It won’t happen. The sheep will turn up to Logan’s Stadium to watch Logan’s Ulster and they’ll SUFTUM their hearts out. Logan will be unable to wipe the smirk of his smug coupon and he feel totally vindicated.

Sure a few thousand of us principled feckers will stay away, but not enough to make a difference. Logan will blame the small drop in numbers on the Kick-off time and relax in the knowledge he is untouchable.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Did you see the engagement on bakebook CT Sports got when they discounted UR kids gear at the weekend

2000 comments in 24 hours. People wanting UR branded gear

Logan doesn't give a feck about the older fans

ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

BR wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:This decision stinks and is riddled with inconsistencies as Tender points out. I may have mentioned that a despise the IRFU and their passive sectarian agenda.

Agree with BR.

The payoffs reported sound roughly in line with the type of expenditure they probably incurred trying to clear their names. Olding was suitably broke to be able to claim legal aid, Jackson reportedly went into debt (presumably to family) and would be keen to clear that.

Both their earnings in future (SO to a greater extent) depend on playing (and winning) some matches. What say they forced the IRFU to keep them - be told to train on their own again for the next 12 months? Yet another outcome with no winners.

I believe for the contracts to be kept - all parties needed to want the boys to stay to happen and trust each other to back them to get back to fitness and form. Trust is not at an all time high around the place i suspect, especially with Logan lieing through his teeth every 5 minutes.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I may be repeating myself here, but some of my rants appear to have vanished.

Snipe, that is a perfect summary, however, I believe that Stu, in particular, had little choice but to blink, as far as I know, he was on a pay to play & his personal resources were very clearly exhausted as he was granted legal aid during the trial. He must have been given something that made departure tolerably.

Paddy, of course, paid his own fees which I believe maybe closer to £500K than the £100K that has been in the media, his trial representation based on a 5-week trial I understand to have been £220000 and as we know the trial went to 7 weeks thanks to the interminable legal conferences because of the minute by minute reports from the twitterati & trolls all over social media. Some legal eagles of my acquaintance doubt he will see a red cent of that back, so when people are urging reform to how these matters are progressed legally, maybe there should be at the very least an amount established per day for defence expenses that an innocent man/woman will have returned. Should they wish to go top dollar for a brief, they would at least have some idea of what that may ultimately cost them.

I've heard the BBC's Joshua Rosenberg, about the ROI method, saying a few times" we tried it in England and Wales and it didn't work", well it seems to work south of the soft border so I can't see why it wouldn't work here. Anonymity for all until the jury decides, then name & shame the guilty.

I saw Tony Ward saying how much he felt for the complainant, I know some people who ask "why would she put herself through it", but she walks away, pretty widely known, having failed ........... again........... to get people to believe she was raped, a fortune of money to the taxpayer as well as Paddy and not a possibility of any sanction. I wonder how many more times she will work out her problems on others? You'll be glad to hear I gave him some advice.

Finally, for now, I'm sure not many are gullible enough to believe Logan and his untruth about who sacked the lads, trust me, I know a thing or two, Bank of Ireland effectively sacked them.

#LoganEnoughLiesGgetOutNow
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

ColinM wrote:
BR wrote:

Agree with BR.

The payoffs reported sound roughly in line with the type of expenditure they probably incurred trying to clear their names. Olding was suitably broke to be able to claim legal aid, Jackson reportedly went into debt (presumably to family) and would be keen to clear that.

Both their earnings in future (SO to a greater extent) depend on playing (and winning) some matches. What say they forced the IRFU to keep them - be told to train on their own again for the next 12 months? Yet another outcome with no winners.

I believe for the contracts to be kept - all parties needed to want the boys to stay to happen and trust each other to back them to get back to fitness and form. Trust is not at an all time high around the place i suspect, especially with Logan lieing through his teeth every 5 minutes.
I suspect if I showed up at Ravenhill today and offered any if the players a year's pay to fck off and earn their money elsewhere. Only those with genuine Irish ambitions or easing into retirement would not bite your arm off for the chance. I would blame none of them.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Whatever about the overall issue one thing I would like to say is that BOI are a shower of dirty feckers. I closed all accounts I had with the b-stards back in 2007. If they see themselves as moral guardians or even as credible commentators on ethics or morals I can only say they are as deluded as they are rotten.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Columbo
Squire

Post by Columbo »

BR wrote:I suspect if I showed up at Ravenhill today and offered any if the players a year's pay to fck off and earn their money elsewhere. Only those with genuine Irish ambitions or easing into retirement would not bite your arm off for the chance. I would blame none of them.
oh absolutely. in fact I'd say even those with Irish ambitions might be ready to pack them in...
..one more thing